Been lurking a bit...

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Been lurking a bit...

Post by Pokebis » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Hello there, my name is Pokebis.
I'm a Bloomington Local so I'm sort of near the College Mall and the IU campus and I'm a really into gaming. I enjoy pretty much every genre except racing games. Rhythm games are of my favorite genres and the Bemani franchise is one of my favorite franchises so it'd make sense for me to use an Indiana-centric Bemani forum, I suppose. Actually, that's kind of silly for me to say that. I like DDR a lot, although I'm used to soft pads and I'm not especially good at it. I'd like to get into PiU which shouldn't be too difficult considering the machine in the College Mall. I've also been trying to get into IIDX recently. I managed to get my hands on an American CS PS2 controller this summer and also a PS2 a couple of weeks later I bought from a friend. I've been playing some mixes on and off and I haven't really been able to progress past some of the easy 7s so it looks like I'm not too great at IIDX either, but I have a bit of an awkward playstyle that I need to iron out. I wish the Great X Scape still had that Gold Cabinet that I found out they had after I decided I wanted to get into IIDX. Oh wells.

Anyways, I've been lurking here on and off a bit for over a year and I never posted for a few reasons. I'm not used to posting in actual local-type setting forums so that's one thing. I also figured there wouldn't be much point in posting before because my transportation was extremely limited. I just recently obtained my drivers license thanks to Indiana's fun new drivers laws. I had to wait ~half a year after I turned 16 because somebody decided it'd be funny to make me wait longer after waiting 16 years to gain some form of freedom (if I was born 14 days earlier I could have had my license this summer). I intended to begin posting here earlier this summer, but I'll just start posting now instead I guess.

Anyways, yeah, local Bloomington high school student. A bit anti-social, but I do enjoy hanging out with people who share similar interests and personalities. I don't know how much I'm going to post here or how much I'm actually going to do outside of my house, but it doesn't hurt to make this thread, I suppose. I'm excited to start driving independently, but I'm probably going to lay low for a bit because of the holiday season and it's traffic it brings. Anyways, hi I guess.

tl;dr babby in bloomington who lieks bemani. mebbe gonna' start postin'

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Re: Been lurking a bit...

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Welcome to IndyDDR! :)

I\'m actually 14 1/2 right now, so I have 2 more years until I can get my driver's license. :(

Anyway, you should come up to TiLT and play some SN2/X/USA! :D

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeah, I come down to TiLT (or Gameworks as I previously knew it) with a buddy every spring break down here. I also pass it during Gen Con.
The X cabinet crashed and restarted halfway into my second song when I tried playing it.
I do like the SN2 cabinet, though.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Have you heard of In The Groove?

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Yes, of course. I've never seen a cab IRL before, though. I'd really like to play a hacked ITG2 cab someday.
What's the closest one to Bloomington?

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Welcome to the forums! Don't be afraid of all us old farts here. We still occasionally play rhythm games. I play Rock Band and just picked up DJ Hero. I rarely play DDR or any other bemani anymore, though.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Pokebis wrote:Yes, of course. I've never seen a cab IRL before, though. I'd really like to play a hacked ITG2 cab someday.
What's the closest one to Bloomington?
2 hours away in Evansville
or
1:45 away in North Indy area (like three of 'em)

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Pokebis wrote:Yeah, I come down to TiLT (or Gameworks as I previously knew it) with a buddy every spring break down here. I also pass it during Gen Con.
The X cabinet crashed and restarted halfway into my second song when I tried playing it.I do like the SN2 cabinet, though.
The Bemani PC that X runs on is based on Windows XP Embedded, so that could be why. If you've heard about X's software issues, the actual DDRX program may be crashing the machine. The SN2 runs on a modified PS2, and the USA runs on the digital 573 platform (based on the PS1, iirc). PCs are more likely to crash than a console.

I've posted in the TiLT thread about them buying an X2 dedicab (it seems much better than the X dedicabs) and upgrading the USA to an ITG2 (but I think it would be better to install OpenITG on the X, take the pads from the USA, install them on the X, and use the USA for spare parts. They need beta testers).

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:44 am

we neeeed eet
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 am

Welcome to the forums! Don't be of all us old games here. We still occasionally play rhythm farts. I play Rock Hero and just picked up DJ Band. I rarely bemani or DDR any other play anymore, though.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:50 am

I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:40 am

Bloomington scene is pretty dead as far as I know. That ship sailed north. Now we are old and fart.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 am

I ripped one yesterday that smelled particulary pungent.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 am

Also my cat tried to hot box my dad the other night.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Potter is still like 15 and is a strapping like-minded young man.

Bloomington was most alive probably in 2005-2007 when I was the bright young starlet new on the scene. Since then, the harsh bite of reality and adulthood has sunk its teeth into our buttocks and has yet to let go. We are the poor refuge of a great ship that has sailed into the horizon of sweaty t-shirts, broken plastic peripherals, and nerd rage. And yes, farts.

Anyways, Image