Indy trip

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

DahrkDaiz
Beginner
Beginner

Indy trip

Post by DahrkDaiz » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:06 pm

So I'll be taking a trip up to Indianapolis soon to see Wicked and I wanted to do some out of state arrow stomping. My name is Travis, I go by Daiz, I'm coming from East Tennessee. My initial plan is to hit up TiLT one day and Laser Flash in Carmel with a few personal customs another day. Are there any different suggestions?

Edit: Oh and how's the weather up there besides really freaking cold? Roads ok for the most part?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Indy trip

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Hey there! Welcome to IndyDDR.

I can't say I've been to a whole lot of arcades in Indy but those arcades will satisfy your appetite for DDR if need be. TiLT has a pretty good selection of fighting games too if you're in to that. I can't really say one way or another about Laser Flash but I haven't heard anything bad about it so hey, if you're going to be in Carmel and want to play some DDR then by all means go for it.

All the roads I have been on (I-465, I-65, IN-37, I-70) have been fine. If you stay off the back roads there really shouldn't be any issues. And yes, it's been very cold as of late so I would dress in layers and bring a fatty coat if you can!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey Daiz! This is hooky on ZIv. :)

Anyway, what Merk said. Welcome to IndyDDR! :)

DahrkDaiz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DahrkDaiz » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:00 pm

lol hey hooky. Can anyone confirm/deny that Carmel's ITG is worth going to anymore? I did a search on the site and someone said the pads were failing and the monitor was dimming. I'm willing to travel up to 45 minutes outside of Indy to get a good experience.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm

The Stardust Bowl machine in Noblesville is in pretty good shape and has a ton of custom songs. I'd go for that one.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:06 pm

DahrkDaiz wrote:lol hey hooky. Can anyone confirm/deny that Carmel's ITG is worth going to anymore? I did a search on the site and someone said the pads were failing and the monitor was dimming. I'm willing to travel up to 45 minutes outside of Indy to get a good experience.
The pads are generally under sensitive, but one arrow is complete garbage making one side unplayable for anything above a 10. The monitor did seem like it was dying last time (was very dark).

The USBs at Stardust in Noblesville have been broken for over a year.

DahrkDaiz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DahrkDaiz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 am

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Honestly, I don't want to go to an ITG2 if it doesn't have working USBs and at least R21. I have a load of sims ready on a flash drive I'm itching to try.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Enjoy Wicked. I'll be going to see it (third time) next week, too! :) Is it not playing anywhere closer to you?

DahrkDaiz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DahrkDaiz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:35 pm

By the time we decided to go see it, no. We got decent seats (Row CC, Left Orchestra) and will be staying down town. We enjoy road trips anyway and we're renting a car, so I'm willing to put some miles on it ;)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:48 pm

If it's unlimited mileage, why not? :)

What day are you going to see it? I'll be there on opening night, next Wednesday the 15th.

DahrkDaiz
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DahrkDaiz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:50 pm

We'll be doing Saturday afternoon, the 18th. I'll probably be hitting up TiLT Friday night and some ITG2 with working USBs Saturday night. Besides arcades and wicked, anyone have any suggestions on things to do/see while we're up there?

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Not much.

There's IMA, ISM, the Children's Museum (you probably don't want to go there), the Zoo, and maybe you could catch a Colts or Pacers game.

There's also the Soldiers & Sailors Monument downtown that has an observation deck, and another building (the City-Something building... don't remember the name) has a higher observation deck. It's interesting to see what Indy looks like from above.

If it were summer, I would tell you to go to Indiana Beach or Kings Island. I've never been to Indiana Beach, but Kings Island has some SN dedicabs and an ITG2 (didn't check the revision number, and I also don't know if USBs work).

There's multiple places to go bowling. I don't really know what else there is to do... sorry. :(

As for AC machines, there's a PIU Pro 2 at D&B in Castleton. If you don't have a Pro 2 machine in Tennessee, you should try this. I still need to go there...

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Hey I was just kidding, Stardust has working USBs now.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:06 am

sweet titties

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:32 pm

We all demand a trip report just FYI