What'd up!?

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rahviin
Beginner
Beginner

What'd up!?

Post by Rahviin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Hey everyone my name is Peterson or you can call me Rahviin haha.

I know nobody knows me. or I hope not. Stalkers...

I'm new to the indiana area, well kind of I was born here, and now I'm back.

Umm...I like DDR so that's why I'm here I guess. I'm alright at PIU, and ITG, but I don't play them all that much.

Just wanted to say hey to everyone, and what's up.

I live in Fishers, and really haven't gone out looking for some places to play DDR yet, so let me know what's going on.

Thanks.
I'm the one and only Paradoxx of God.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:22 pm

Welcome! Welcome!

I'm Tim. I live a little west of you over in Carmel. I play Pump and ITG2 mainly.

Here are some local music game locations that might interest you:

Pinheads
In Fishers - ITG2 dedicab - $1 (joint premium on) - Great machine, except that the usb ports don't work.

Ben and Ari's
In Fishers, right nest to Pinheads - DDRMAX2 - $0.75 - Never been here, and I don't think anyone really goes there much anymore, but as it's right next to Pinheads, I thought I'd mention it.

X-Site
In Castleton - PIU Exceed 2 - $0.75 - Sturdy machine overall, though the bars are kind of loose, and lately it's been prone to occasionally freezing (probably a dead fan), but the employees there are cool and will give you your money back if it freezes. A group of us meet up here on Wendesday nights.

Laser Flash
In Carmel - ITG2 dedicab - $0.75 (joint premium on) - Great machine. Gets relatively little play, so it's still in excellent condition. [note: last time I was there (a few weeks ago) this was an r23 with custom songs enabled. However, DDR Freak says it's been bumped down to r6 for some reason]

Rascal's Fun Zone east location
East side of Indy - ITG2 dedicab, r21, hacked - $0.75 (joint premium on) - DDR Extreme - $0.75 - The best and most popular place in Indy for ITG. The machine is in great condition and has been hacked with a whole bunch of custom songs. People play here often (see get together thread)

GameWorks
Downtown Indy - DDR SuperNova converted cab - DDR USA - Neither machine is in particularly great condition, but they're not too bad. People still play here somewhat often, but there aren't any organized IndyDDR meetups that I know of.

Hope that was informative enough. :)
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:51 pm

welcome back to indiana. IN sucks ass.
Team KIMO represent!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Re: What'd up!?

Post by danc1005 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Rahviin wrote:or you can call me Rahviin haha.
I'll call you Ravine.

Rahviin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rahviin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Thanks guy, all of this has been really great.

Really thank you Tim for the info.

Ya not much of a ITG player, but it's mostly like ddr right? Except for the minds/bombs and stuff right?

Also, does mostly everyone play Heavy. I can/do, but I haven't played in a while, and my DDR Universe isn't the best game ever made haha, so ya known.

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:28 pm

Welcome welcome.

Yes mostly everyone plays on Expert(Or Heavy in the case of DDR).

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 pm

Hey, where in Fishers do you live? I live there too :P

Tim pretty much covered it all, but there's also another ITG2 dedicab in Anderson. Pretty nice pads, 75 cents a play. And yes, ITG is just like DDR, only it has harder charts and mines. There are also hands.
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 pm

pump is where its at homies
Team KIMO represent!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:05 pm

GreaTimes
Down in the Beech Grove area does also have a Pump machine. It's an ANCIENT SD cabinet, but it's running NX. Great version, lousy cabinet - stage kinda sucks (it works, but feels really weird), monitor has some color issues, and audio is pretty bad (though way better than it used to be). I have no clue what the price currently is.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:37 pm

Also, I just went down to Laser Flash. Don't know what the hell's wrong with the DDRFreak listing, but it's still an r23.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Rahviin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rahviin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:55 pm

In live off of cumberland in fishers... the place sounds like it's out of lord of the rings. Woods Land at Woods Edge. like wtf.

Thank you everyone for the info.

Hope I can get out and play some ddr, itg, or some piu, and not be fat...haha...I gain a few pounds when I quit playing... Gotta love Taco Bell..

Also, anyone still play step maina <--I think that's the right spelling.- I just got it back on my computer, thinking about putting it on my laptop, piece of crap laptop, just would use for step maina, and plug it up to tv. blah blah blah. I got a bunch of normal xbox pads laying around because they don't work for my 360 so I'd just convert them or whatever...I think one of them as a usb on it anyways... I just thought it would be a better way to play all of the songs, even some itg songs, cause DDR Universe, aint got shit!

haha. ^ wow that was long

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:23 pm

MonMotha wrote:GreaTimes
Down in the Beech Grove area does also have a Pump machine. It's an ANCIENT SD cabinet, but it's running NX. Great version, lousy cabinet - stage kinda sucks (it works, but feels really weird), monitor has some color issues, and audio is pretty bad (though way better than it used to be). I have no clue what the price currently is.
50 cents, good sir.

Or 2 Rascal's tokens if you sneak them in.

Kekeke.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."