Greetings from the World of Tomorrow!

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

erauqSsldlroWehT
Beginner
Beginner

Greetings from the World of Tomorrow!

Post by erauqSsldlroWehT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:20 am

Umm...hi. I'm Cliff. I heard about this site by chance. I play DDR occasionally, but free time and expendable income rarely coincide, so I'm not terribly good. When I can play, I play at Gameworks Studio in Circle Centre. I still find it hard to believe how empty that place is on Monday afternoon, but I suppose most places are. And of course, the pad I have access to at home is a little on the busted side...

I don't have much to say, but I felt kinda creepy reading other people's words and not saying anything at all...
"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Greetings from the World of Tomorrow!

Post by blackcat » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:02 am

erauqSsldlroWehT wrote:I don't have much to say, but I felt kinda creepy reading other people's words and not saying anything at all...
It's ok, we've all done it at one time or another I'm sure. Welcome to Indy DDR. I'm Katy. Holla at me if you're ever in the Bloomington area.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:09 am

you sir... are wrong... the world is not square.... it's actually ovalish... with bumps. (I'm mostly proud of myself for being able to read backwards)

Welcome to IndyDDR! Your business is appreciated!
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:53 pm

Green Tea wrote:you sir... are wrong... the world is not square.... it's actually ovalish... with bumps. (I'm mostly proud of myself for being able to read backwards)

Welcome to IndyDDR! Your business is appreciated!
Thanks for deciphering his name... Well yeah, welcome. I'm Dan from Fort Wayne. How good are you?

-Dan

erauqSsldlroWehT
Beginner
Beginner

Post by erauqSsldlroWehT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:23 pm

I'm not that good. I can make it through a number of eight footers and struggle through some nines. Nothin' special.
"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:08 am

Thats how i used to be. Don't Worry about that, people get better everyday! and btw, does that square world of your get good reception on cell phones? mines keeps cutting out on meh!
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:42 am

erauqSsldlroWehT wrote:I'm not that good. I can make it through a number of eight footers and struggle through some nines. Nothin' special.
You're at the middle phases :) those are real fun stages, when it's like: "well it says 9 but I think that should be a 10... but that one claims to be an 8 but it should be more of a 6!" I loved trying to find songs I could do around then... and unfortunately due to my break from DDR and aerobic exercise (working that up again... anaerobic workout does not keep stamina :( ) I am back to the 9-10ish range, so 8-9 isn't bad at all!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Re: Greetings from the World of Tomorrow!

Post by Arka » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:16 am

blackcat24 wrote:
erauqSsldlroWehT wrote:I don't have much to say, but I felt kinda creepy reading other people's words and not saying anything at all...
It's ok, we've all done it at one time or another I'm sure. Welcome to Indy DDR. I'm Katy. Holla at me if you're ever in the Bloomington area.
Some of us more than others. I read the IndyDDR forums (very occasionally) for ~2 years before I finally broke down and posted...

So welcome, fellow ex-lurker! 8)

And yes, you WILL get better.*

*Usual disclaimers apply, offer not valid in all states, must be twenty-one or older to enter. Don't come crying to me if you quit in despair before your thirtieth birthday. It's a rough game out there, son. Don't let it break you.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Eh, it's np to get better if you practice. I haven't even been playing 4 months and I practiced everyday when I first started so now I can do pretty much all 9s and a few 10s. MAYBE I could do an 11. And I barely practice now, it's like riding a bike. Just practice like at least 3-4 times a week and you'll be AAAing PSMO in no time. And play ITG. It gets you better.

-Dan

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:50 pm

dance1005 wrote:Eh, it's np to get better if you practice. I haven't even been playing 4 months and I practiced everyday when I first started so now I can do pretty much all 9s and a few 10s. MAYBE I could do an 11. And I barely practice now, it's like riding a bike. Just practice like at least 3-4 times a week and you'll be AAAing PSMO in no time. And play ITG. It gets you better.

-Dan
ITG only builds stamina, which is crucial in DDR, but there is a whole world of difference in technicality when it comes to DDR and ITG... (I think we had a thread about that before, that or it was just an angry convo between Xero and me... or maybe it was joe... I don't remember)