ITG2 Videos

Moderator: Moderators

Secef
Standard
Standard

ITG2 Videos

Post by Secef » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:54 pm

A large BitTorrent package of ITG2 videos

These are some videos that I found being circulated on AaronInJapan's forums. There are some really awesome videos in this such as (but not limited to)...

Energizer (new Zigzag song [Pandemonium guys])
July -Euro Mix-
Liquid Moon Expert
Renaissance (song featuring a new type of freeze called "rolls")
Summer (A new Smiley song rated 13, I believe)
Summer Double
Sweet World (expert steps composed of mostly 1/32nd gallops, and it actually looks really damn fun)

I recommend (if you have broadband) downloading them and taking a look at them if you're looking forward to ITG2. The new songs look pretty fun I must say. Oh, and to view them, you'll need to install this particular codec package: 3ivx. It's worth it since the videos are in ridiculously good quality.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:30 pm

What are these "rolls" you speak of? Since I got that 56K, I really don't want to wait for this torrent to download.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:39 pm

They're like really jagged-looking freezes. Apparently you have to treat them at the very least like 8th note stomps at 200bpm rather than simple holds. It's hard to explain. They're rather... different.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sun May 01, 2005 12:43 am

Secef wrote:They're like really jagged-looking freezes. Apparently you have to treat them at the very least like 8th note stomps at 200bpm rather than simple holds. It's hard to explain. They're rather... different.
Is this in any way similar to the rolls in Takio Drum Master or Donkey Konga?

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun May 01, 2005 2:18 am

mexican ninja wrote:
Secef wrote:They're like really jagged-looking freezes. Apparently you have to treat them at the very least like 8th note stomps at 200bpm rather than simple holds. It's hard to explain. They're rather... different.
Is this in any way similar to the rolls in Takio Drum Master or Donkey Konga?
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Or at least that's how it seems to me.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun May 01, 2005 7:57 pm

Rolls look awesome. + I love how Onyx EXP has a bpm pause into a short roll into a ton of mines, that's awesome.

That was Narrows arcade in Tacoma, WA. I've been there, great arcade.

Favorite songs= Onyx, Amore, Bumblebee(Yeah, what now, nostalgia), Sweet World

Sweet World looks amazingly fun, and Renaissance with it's tons of rolls.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sun May 01, 2005 10:49 pm

Some of the songs look pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to a lot of the challenges (Determinator Exp and Robotix Exp are the big ones I'm looking forward to challenge wise. I think I'll get summer much before those two.)

Hopefully PP will get it when they're expecting it, that'd be awesome.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Tue May 03, 2005 3:35 pm

Wait, what?

Are these the same ITG2 videoes from ASI 2005 in Chicago? If so, there are no new features that were revealed aside from interface cosmetic changes and songlist changes.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Tue May 03, 2005 4:43 pm

BakaOrochi wrote:Wait, what?

Are these the same ITG2 videoes from ASI 2005 in Chicago? If so, there are no new features that were revealed aside from interface cosmetic changes and songlist changes.
Nah, these definitely aren't ASI videos. It's in an actual arcade with a couple of DDR machines and so on. I'm not totally sure where these were filmed at, but since SDP said it was in Tacoma, WA, that leads me to believe it's a test location for ITG2.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue May 03, 2005 9:20 pm

Secef wrote:
BakaOrochi wrote:Wait, what?

Nah, these definitely aren't ASI videos. It's in an actual arcade with a couple of DDR machines and so on. I'm not totally sure where these were filmed at, but since SDP said it was in Tacoma, WA, that leads me to believe it's a test location for ITG2.
That is in fact Narrows Bowling Plaza and Entertainment Center located in some suburb of Tacoma, WA.

Unless the ASI 2005 convention was in a replica bowling with that same, uber ugly carpeted walls(black with little neon moons and stuff).

I believe it's a new test location as it was not there when I went in late March, early April.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.