In the Groove

Moderator: Moderators

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

In the Groove

Post by built-to-spill » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 pm

I just don't like it as much as DDR, mines suck!! Any other thoughts?
Steve Fletcher

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:28 am

ITG is so much better than DDR, because its so much harder. I kinda like not being able to get good scores on ITG, and those marathons are devastating.

Only crappy thing about ITG is that the only place that has it is fort wayne...2 hours away from me :(

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:01 am

TaQa wrote:Only crappy thing about ITG is that the only place that has it is fort wayne...2 hours away from me :(
Quoted for truth.

One of my friends may be making a road trip up to the Fort explicitly to play ITG, so hopefully that will happen and I'll be able to hitch a ride.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:23 pm

Better songs

Better steps

More challenging (Not that i care)

More option (Blink YEAH!)

MINES AND HANDS! (YEAH!)

down sides:

less number of songs

ocasional glitches (Not that big of a deal)

Originaly i was sceptical but once i played it it rocked and i cant wait for the upgrade patches to add on to what we already have. Yes that right when we upgrade the machine we wont lose anything already on there.

Personal opinion:

If you like DDR then give ITG a try unless you are to pigheaded of a person.

P.S. If you hate mines or Hands Just got to the options and turn them off.
Warning incoming game!

Rhino9283
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rhino9283 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:53 pm

I like ITG just because it is something different. If you dont like it there are still 3 other DDR machines with in a mile of putt putt.
"Dont suffer from stress- Be a carrier"

"Double you money- Fold it"

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:38 pm

Bionix wrote:Better songs

Better steps

P.S. If you hate mines or Hands Just got to the options and turn them off.
Those first two statements are completely a matter of opinion. My music tastes say the songs on DDR are better and the steps on DDR are better (because they're not ridiculously hard in some cases.) I'm not saying I don't like the music on ITG, some of it is good.

I'm not fond of hands or mines, especially hands, but in turning them off you lose eligibility for a high score, so I deal with them. I just hit the hands with my feet because I know how to :roll:

All in all ITG is a fun alternative to DDR.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:23 pm

Steps yes, songs no no no. It's mostly euro dancy cheesy cr*p that can't even compare to what a lot of the Konomi songs are. Dancemania <3

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:54 pm

I'd say the percentage of crappy DDR songs total (over all the mixes) is about the same percentage of crappy ITG songs. Personally theres only like 5 songs on ITG that I really don't like though.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:17 pm

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have never played this game (ITG). I know what it is though. Just never played it. So, anyway. What are "hands" and "mines"? Thanks.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:32 pm

Hands= much like in PIU, you have to hit 3 or 4 arrows at the same time.
I've grown to regard them as natural movements, but 4's I still have trouble with.
Mines= like the stepmania mines. If your foot is on the arrow as a mine scrolls through the screen arrow, it explodes and hurts your score/points.

Those that complain about mines haven't played it enough. A couple trips and the mine movements become second nature, your eyes begin to go from "step on this" to "move your feet to other arrows or the middle".

I personally like the music better, I was getting tired of the eurobeat/jpop that so many people think make DDR music better.

Overall, it's a new mix, and it's refreshing. If nothing else, it's something new to play, since Konami seems to have abandoned its loyal arcade following.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:43 pm

OH, (mines -> ) so do you mean you have to step and then take your foot back off the arrow? Ok. And that's what I thought hands was. Thanks :wink:

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:50 pm

I like ITG, only because of the insane steps. I was the kid who thought soungs like Paranoia Survivor were "fun" songs.

Oh, and hands and brake rules my life. Brake is Fun Fun Fun <3 <3 <3!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:55 pm

So it has mods like stepmania (blink ect?)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:09 pm

ITG is basically StepMania in a DDR cabinet. The replacement system unit is basically a PC running a general purpose OS (I can't remember if it's Linux or WinCE, neither is really appropriate for this application though).

ITG is basically a commercial product put out by the people who make StepMania. It *IS* StepMania with a few modifications.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:12 pm

The main thing I don't like is there's VERY few songs, and most of the ones I heard I really didn't like. I don't like most of the music on DDR either, but this is much worse. But I'll agree that it basically just feels like an upgrade, so I'm sure I'll like it eventually.
Steve Fletcher