God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:39 pm

So do the records on the ITG machine get wiped when
you upgrade?

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:03 pm

Bionix wrote:Well it has been confirmed. If thing go acording to plans, ITG2 will be at PP some time next week.
Hot damn. You guys sure do stay on the ball.

Grr I miss the Fort.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:05 pm

Bionix wrote:Well it has been confirmed. If thing go acording to plans, ITG2 will be at PP some time next week.
WHAT WHAT?!?!?! Are we beta testing or something? That's pretty sweet though.
God of Rock wrote:So do the records on the ITG machine get wiped when
you upgrade?
I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:25 pm

Unless you have some kind of inside deal with Roxor in TX then there's no way this is possible. They were giving people a 2 month estimate on the initial release at ASI.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:40 pm

Now that I'm coming back to my senses, Joe has an excellent point.

ITG2 isn't even in beta yet- it's currently pre-beta. Unless PP is going to be a test location I don't really see this happening in your stated "next week" time frame.

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:23 pm

Yeah, um...I just about shit my pants when I heard that, thinking they were a beta location, but I heard that all of the beta locations had been confirmed and that Indiana didn't have any.

Anything is possible, I guess.

Also: popularity? Popularity is what killed DDR. I don't want a bunch of damned noobs getting up there and wasting my time by failing 2-footers and then bitching about how much the game sucks. Frequent conversation I find myself in:

Me: "You ever heard of DDR?"
Them: "I played that once, I failed right off. Therefore, it sucks major balls and you cannot convince me otherwise."
Me: "..."

Sad but true. Not to mention that the OTHER half of the time it goes like this:

Me: "DDR?"
Them: "OMG MY FAV SONG IS SANDSTORM!!!"
Me: "...that's not a-"
Them: "DO U HAVE A PS2?"
Me: "..."

I like ITG where it is, thank you. Hell, I wouldn't mind a big sign on its normal between-game scroll saying "PLAY THE @#$%ING TRAINING COURSE FIRST DUMBASS".

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:03 am

After reading around some more it seems that the new ITG2 cabinet looks so much like PIU is because... the cabinet was made and designed by Andamiro. How about that, eh?
Last edited by LikeableRodent on Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:24 am

I knew that a few days ago. ^_^
And fix your url tag...
:D

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:35 am

I'm slow to some things :(

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:19 am

Xuxa's unlock code was released today, finally:

Right, Up, Down, Down, Right, Down, Up, Left, Down

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:06 pm

Holy shit, Xuxa's out...as I notice at 10 PM...dammit.

Xuxa's one of my favorite songs, not to mention having awesome steps for every level of difficulty. And a badass video.

Quack.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:36 am

So I went and played ITG finally, right? I now get to give my informed unimportant opinion of it!

And the survey SAYS... Good stuff. Really good stuff. I want this in Bloomington instead of Extreme now. =D

Most of the songs are pretty damn good. I could only spot a few rotten eggs in the whole bunch, and for every one of those songs there's an absolutely awesome one like July, Utopia, or Queen of Light to more than make up for it. The stepcharts also seemed infinitely more fun, and I'm not just talking about the Expert ones because I suck at those generally... although Queen of Light Expert is pretty damn fun (yet hard) I must say.

The individual song ranking system... I love that! It helps fuel local competition and helps give little goals for folks. I also liked the Marathons just because of the many wicked mod combinations they throw at you, like the one where the arrows scroll down, do a 180, then come back up behind the falling arrows. That's some pretty mean stuff, but also highly fun.

Perhaps one of the greatest improvements over DDR I noticed comes in the form of Battle Mode. Battle Mode in 4th+ is fine and fun and all, but this is just so much better. It's more like an actual "battle" since you're tossing mods at each other by comboing with good accuracy. I'm glad to see the concept revived and reworked into a far more fun version.

Now all this good stuff I'm saying isn't to say there aren't some things I dislike about ITG. They're mainly minor nitpicks like the occasional lagging (it happened to me three times in one song once!), but one thing that irked me was the difficulty of some songs. It's not like "My god, Pandemonium Expert is horsepoo" (which it coincidently is, but moving on) or something. It like... long 200bpm 16th chains. That seems a tad bit ridiculous. I'm talking mainly about Disconnected here (Buoff Expert has it too, but it's okay). I mean, I struggle with these things at around 150bpm usually, so I have little room to complain about 200bpm 16ths being too fast since I'm not really all that good a player. However, I still that that extended chains of 16ths at THAT speed is fairly ludicrous.

That being said, I still love this game, and I want it to be much much closer to Bloomington so it won't eat 30 bucks in gas for me to go play it. Here's hoping Bloomington or Indy or someplace relatively close like that gets one soon! :D

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:33 pm

Yeah, but if you get one down there, you'll have to have some kind of DDR girl attachment that'll give you Chinese food.

It's an entertaining game, though. Something new.

Oh, guess what, though! My ITG CDs got scratched, and now the songs skip. Now my music selection is more authentic then ever!!! =D

Nice to meet you, though.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:39 pm

I'd just like to add that I hate the step patterns that go like
step-jump-step-jump-step-jump-step-jump-step-jump-step-jump-step-jump-step-jump
especially with mines thrown into it...

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:16 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Yeah, but if you get one down there, you'll have to have some kind of DDR girl attachment that'll give you Chinese food.
Yes, that was one of the best parts. :wink: Thanks again!