In the Groove

Moderator: Moderators

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:13 am

"Witch MC was that" is by far the worst song on any dancing game i have ever seen.
Warning incoming game!

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:58 am

Bionix wrote:"Witch MC was that" is by far the worst song on any dancing game i have ever seen.
Word.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:04 pm

Bionix wrote:"Witch MC was that" is by far the worst song on any dancing game i have ever seen.
Not nearly as bad as Kiss Me Red.

I actually enjoy Which MC was that, its so funny.

Oh, and Bouff and Hybrid are god awful noise.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:27 pm

Personally I hate Bubble Dancer, but meh.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:01 pm

worst song = mellow.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:44 pm

Hey lookie there, it's pictures of ITG 2

Actually what's so special about that is that it's an actual brand new ITG cabinet. It reminds me of what you'd get if you combined a Pump it Up cabinet with IIDX Red then threw ITG stuff on it.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:58 pm

I love it.

Now only if we can convince the puttputt management to um, "dispose" of the ski ball machine and put in an itg2 machine...
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:11 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:I love it.

Now only if we can convince the puttputt management to um, "dispose" of the ski ball machine and put in an itg2 machine...
A little girl almost killed me today with those damned skee balls. She's gonna grow up to be a pretty bad whore.

I think they'll most likely upgrade the machine they have now. I mean, an upgrade can't be that expensive. Its basically just adding another 50 songs to the game. (I dunno why I say basically, its exactly whats it doing.)

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:48 pm

wow...ITG 2 has a song from DDR solo mix. Typical Tropical by Bambee.

I actually like her music.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:45 pm

It also has Follow the Sun from 3rd and 4th Mix, except they call it Sunshine on ITG2.

I'd say I'm eagerly awaiting ITG2, but I'm still in the process of eagerly awaiting ITG1. :cry:

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:28 am

Secef wrote:It also has Follow the Sun from 3rd and 4th Mix, except they call it Sunshine on ITG2.

I'd say I'm eagerly awaiting ITG2, but I'm still in the process of eagerly awaiting ITG1. :cry:
Kyler you need to bring your ass to KY with me sometime man.

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:37 am

Basically anyone who was skeptical about ITG has officially had their shit ruined. Song selection is officially no longer a viable complaint, as ITG2 will effectively double its songlist - all old songs are being retained. If any old songs get cut, it'll only be the craptastical Dax ones anyway.

Yes, Typical Tropical and Sunshine are didder songs.

As for whoever said they like DDR for the dancemania songs...guess what E-Rotic publishes their music through? Dancemania. ITG1 already had Dancemania songs, ITG2 will have more.

If you don't like the harder charts, then don't play on Expert. Every song on ITG1 has a manageable chart on Hard in DDR terms except for MAYBE Pandemonium (the only Hard-level 11, I think). And Pandemonium is a 9 on Medium, just play that.

If you can't do hands, you just suck. I'm sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth. Learn to bend down, it's good for you. If you REALLY hate them, play one of the dozens of Hard charts without any. As for mines - they're there for difficulty. Most are easy to avoid. Once again, if you don't like them, don't play those songs.

I apologize if this post is a little too harsh...I've been getting a lot of flak about ITG recently, and I feel I have to defend its position as "better than DDR", because it is.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:41 am

pkmnx wrote: I apologize if this post is a little too harsh...I've been getting a lot of flak about ITG recently, and I feel I have to defend its position as "better than DDR", because it is.
Truth is...it will never get as big as DDR and everyone knows that.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:03 am

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Kyler you need to bring your ass to KY with me sometime man.
Yeah, sure. Let me know next time you go down and maybe I'll tag along.

And to stay more on topic... ITG is probably better than DDR (probably since I haven't played it myself), but I agree that it's unlikely ITG is going to get to DDR's popularity level. I can't quite explain it, but it just doesn't seem likely. Like... many Japanophile types (extremist people who love anything from Japan BECAUSE it's from Japan, not anime/Japanese culture fans in general) probably wouldn't take to it as well, nor would many of the "hardcore DDR rawks PIU is teh suck knockoff" crowd. Without the inherent exotic "It's Japanese!" element, the first group would probably feel less inclined to play ITG, and the second group, well... they're obviously not open to playing other dance games for whatever reason. Then you also toss in the fact that upgrading to ITG from DDR at an arcade could possibly make the DDR crowd come less and would effectively put the arcade out of a nice chunk of money, then it seems less likely to me that a lot of arcades will get ITG. I dunno though. I could easily be wrong. I know next to nothing about the arcade business... and business in general for that matter!

Not that its popularity really matters, though. I mean, who plays a game continuously just because it's popular? You play a game because it's fun, which I'm pretty certain I'll find ITG to be whenever I finally get to play it.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:37 pm

Well it has been confirmed. If thing go acording to plans, ITG2 will be at PP some time next week.
Warning incoming game!