In the Groove

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:02 pm

Moved to Other Bemani and Music/Rhythm Games. I'm following a somewhat strict definition of ITG not officially being a DDR game.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:26 am

built-to-spill wrote:The main thing I don't like is there's VERY few songs
The thing i find ironic about that statement is that up here in Ft Wayne and i am guilty of this as well. No matter what mix it is, me and most evryone else plays the same 5 or so songs they like. For me it is Tell, DJ Party, My favorite game, anubus, bubble dancer,Dawn and Kiss me red So i look at it as it doent matter how many songs are on there, most people will only play a select few.
Warning incoming game!

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:57 am

This, the first mix of In the Groove, has about 70 brand new songs.
The first mix of DDR had something like 10 songs, and no new mix of DDR has had anything close to 70 brand new songs. Remember that when Extreme came out DDR had already been going for about five years, and if you look at its songlist of about 240 songs the vast majority of them are rehashes.

I personally feel that ITG did a pretty damn good job for their first mix, especially compared to the amount of time it took DDR to put the same amount of songs in a mix.

Mei-Mei
Standard
Standard

Post by Mei-Mei » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:15 pm

XO I still really want to play!! South Bend/Mishiwaka Putt Putt has an ITG machine, or so I heard. It's a reason to visit home, lol.

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:23 pm

Mei-Mei wrote:XO I still really want to play!! South Bend/Mishiwaka Putt Putt has an ITG machine, or so I heard. It's a reason to visit home, lol.
Allegedly, GameWorks is supposed to be getting ITG very soon, so you won't have to worry about that.

Just a thought.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:43 pm

Mei-Mei wrote:XO I still really want to play!! South Bend/Mishiwaka Putt Putt has an ITG machine, or so I heard. It's a reason to visit home, lol.
You are corect in ITG being at Mishawaka.
Warning incoming game!

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:15 pm

Talked to Vic, told him price and that it'll work in USA. Hes going to try getting it. SWEET!

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:34 am

in case some makes it up to PP befroe me if you could enter this code for us all

up down up down up down right right UP.

This will unlock Infection.

Thank to who ever gets this in before me.
Warning incoming game!

chew
Beginner
Beginner

Post by chew » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:36 am

I hope it's better than the gameworks in chicago... I went there yesterday and the music in almost inaudible while the pads weren't in the best condition. Although, this place had these timed cards where you pay $20 and get 2 hours unlimited play -- so a few other people and I were just pumping in credits and played all day.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:25 pm

I would really like to go to an arcade that's like that. Preferably one where I can just beat the shit out of myself playing for a couple hours and feel like it was worth the money. If I were to do something like that, it would be to play and not so much socialize.

I like ITG, though. Granted, there aren't as many songs, but I agree with Mark in that you're only going to basically play something of the same set every time, so why worry?

And I'm a musical whore, so a good portion of the music on there runs in some taste or another. Save "Which MC was that?". I'm going to run that song over with my car, burn it to a mighty crisp, douse it in gasoline, drop it into the deepest pit of hell, pull it back out, and run it over with my car again. And then back over it for good measure.

Either way, though, I've found that ITG has actually taught me to deal with freeze arrows. I used to turn them off every time I played DDR, but with ITG I decided to turn over a new leaf and basically leave the settings as they are (I do change to Overhead, though, just because sometimes I already have enough to process without the arrows coming up differently than I'm used to. LoL). It's going well so far. n_n

I miss Extreme, but that can be gotten over. =D
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:52 pm

I saw you Chew! I smoked and puts credits in the Initial D machine.

chew
Beginner
Beginner

Post by chew » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:47 am

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:I saw you Chew! I smoked and puts credits in the Initial D machine.
Hey! You also beat me on battle mode :) :(

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:32 am

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:And I'm a musical whore, so a good portion of the music on there runs in some taste or another. Save "Which MC was that?".
Guess you have to have good taste in music to appreciate that song, like me and TaQa 8)

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:37 am

Hmmm.....

*ponders*

*rents a semi to run it over with*
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:40 pm

The game is fun, but it feels too generic. Plus they should have used a different platform, like some kind of PC or DDR hardware in a techno motion machine.