The first 16 footer has been quaded

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:25 pm
Location: Bloomington/Westfield
Contact:

The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:27 pm

The song is Oh Delia from Tachyon Delta (unreleased pack, put together by mad matt), which is relatively short (1:40) with two 16 measure death runs at 230 bpm. That's about 250 arrows in 15 seconds for each run. QUADED.

Can you guess who did it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSWlPfVvi8
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8180
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Merk » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:42 pm

I love how players spending half of their music game Youtubes giving shout outs is still a thing.
Image

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Riot » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:20 pm

DAVE101 wrote:
Can you guess who did it?
How would any of us know random ITG players and why would we care who?

My favorite part is when he's yelling for recognition at the end to an echoing empty room.
Image

User avatar
DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:25 pm
Location: Bloomington/Westfield
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Because I care about you I will answer your questions Riot <3

People would know ITG players by seeing, reading, or hearing about them. Other members have posted about Kevbo, Mad Matt, etc. including yourself. Also, not everyone is as ignant as Riot. Some even play ITG (What? I know weird rite?)

Why would you care? You tell me honey, I didn't click the link :wink:

I mean yeah it's empty because it's his garage. Obviously he's talking to fellow youtubers like dave101 and xxRIOT69xx.
Image

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Riot » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Okay I've heard of Kevbo because he used to be good at DDR or something. I'm 99% sure 99% of IndyDDR hasn't heard of whoever made this video. I think you are the only one on here that plays ITG besides SDP.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:28 pm

I play Stepmania. Regardless of what ITG/DDR players think, they're both the same thing.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: dónde
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Riot wrote:Okay I've heard of Kevbo because he used to be good at DDR or something. I'm 99% sure 99% of IndyDDR hasn't heard of whoever made this video. I think you are the only one on here that plays ITG besides SDP.
I haven't played ITG in like 2 years. They took our dedicab to an undisclosed location (aka someone bought it and no one in the "scene" knows who).

I'm still trying to find a decent Extreme around these parts.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

User avatar
DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:25 pm
Location: Bloomington/Westfield
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by DAVE101 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I play Stepmania. Regardless of what ITG/DDR players think, they're both the same thing.
StepMania>DDR

amirite?
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

I see them all as the same overall game, and I call that game DDR. Dats me. Dats real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdaAWFoWr2c
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Ho » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I see them all as the same overall game
I disagree wholeheartedly.

DDR has a style and a personality that transcends the "step on arrows in time to music" mechanic that all three otherwise share.

Stepmania is just a clone of DDR. It brings new things to the mechanics table, but it lacks DDR's "heart".

ITG, being based on Stepmania, is a clone of a clone. And did we all see Multiplicity?
Image

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8180
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm

You see guys DDR has intangibles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfIamy_gTxE
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Ho » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm

These are not intangibles. They're just not important to everyone.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 pm

I'd like to clarify that I'm focusing on software. I prefer the DDR style cabinets to ITG style.

Stepmania is very skinable as well. I don't think anyone really likes SMMAX (or whatever it was called.) At the end of the day, the ability to pick whatever song I like outweighs anything else.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5638
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am
Location: The Ho-House

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Ho » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:36 pm

In this case, I'm focusing on software also. There really isn't such a thing as a Stepmania cabinet anyway.

Yes, there are some decent skins for Stepmania out there. But they mostly just plug into spots that were based on DDR. I'm including all of the characters, artwork, (non-game) music, and even the announcer as part of the personality, or "soul" of the game.

Watching the video that started this thread actually makes me like ITG even a little less. It just seems boring to me--both the game and the play style.

Of course I will acknowledge again that these things are not important to everyone. They just happen to be important to me. I'm very big on presentation. In many cases, a good deal of my excitement about having an arcade cabinet vs. home systems/controllers is the fact that the arcades have lights and sounds that create an environment for me to enjoy the game in.
Image

User avatar
Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2922
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: The first 16 footer has been quaded

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Ho wrote:Watching the video that started this thread actually makes me like ITG even a little less. It just seems boring to me--both the game and the play style.
Oh no, Dave101 will not be pleased with this and may try to assassinate you now.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!
Merk wrote:Potter if Citizens United actually gets overturned and not replaced by some equally awful legislation I will suck your dick and take a bunch of selfie snaps whilst doing so.

Post Reply