BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

KEYBOARD TO PAD STEP CONVERTER

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:13 pm

http://hosted.filefront.com/CuriousTiger/

Version 2.5 released.
DWItoSM converter released.
Last edited by BigBadOrc on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:38 am

Nice work. I'm always impressed when people take time to create things like this.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:00 pm

I'll check it out once I have a bit of time on my hands. If it's finished and refined you should post it on AaronInJapan for BIG DOWNLOADS AND FAME GO MIKE GO MIKE YOU'RE SO CURIOUS
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:10 pm

haha.. not quite polished yet :shock:

hence version 0.9

One important thing to note: your song must have a .sm file. Lots of keyboard files only have .dwi. Only way I know to convert this is to open up stepmania, edit, hit exit and save changes... for every single file like this..

I just found a funny bug: My program was looking for a comment in the .sm file to tell where the steps start "// measure 1". I just found a .sm that did not have comments... which resulted in NO CHANGE to the file because my program thought it didn't have any steps >_<

But other than that it's been working well so far.. I converted
(OMEGAspike)Black Dragon
Gradeus

successfully.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:00 pm

uploaded version .98

lots of bug fixes similar to the one i just mentioned

it's workin pretty well now o.O
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: KEYBOARD TO PAD STEP CONVERTER

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:54 am

I'll have to see about using this to make some lower difficulty steps for Air by Shiki, then again outside of Anderson I don't know much of any other arcades using R21 for FEETMANIA so I won't be able to play them at most places.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:29 am

In theory you'd just have to set appropriately low stream limits in the config... and that should result in breaking up the 16ths into like 8ths or 4ths by deleting notes appropriately.

Let me know if you get what you want. I'm working on a new version of the program now that will be able to create multiple different difficulties and add them to a sm file (so it will keep the original steps too).
groovestats
<3 blackcat

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:35 pm

I just uploaded version 2.0 of AutoStepsSM. It keeps the original stepcharts, although it pushes them to the hardest difficulties and then it adds new ones in the lower difficulties. Default settings have it adding a 13, an 11, and a 9. (but they may end up being more like a 14, 12, and 10). Also in this version you can drag a directory onto the .exe and it will let you pick any .SM from any subdirectory to run the program on.

Oh, and I actually have crossovers 95% coded, but they're just not enabled yet. (finishing the coding would be easy.. but I'm rather scared of testing it :D) Maybe version 2.1!

I'm going to tinker with it some more in the next week to try to get it to create a 7 footer as well.. since converting streams at 170 BPM has so far resulted in too much random rhythm. I think I'll just tell it to only allow 4th and 8th notes for a 7 and put in lots of random breaks.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:36 pm

AutoStepsSMv2.2 is up. This release was tested on 582 random .sm files, so I'm pretty confident that it won't break. I like the charts it makes pretty well, too.

If you run it with the default settings (don't configure anything, just select a directory and hit generate) and your .sm file has 1 dance single chart, it will add:
- A 7 footer with only 4ths and 8ths (if the original file was pure stream, don't expect this to be a very interesting chart)
- A sweet and juicy 10 footer with some crazy crossovers but no double steps
- An extra spicy 12 footer with maybe a few crossovers but not too fast, and probably lots of really fast streams

I'm pretty happy with what it does right now and am running low on ideas for improving it. I was originally going to have it convert bpms so like if you had a chart that's mostly 160 BPM but has a slowdown to 80 bpm it would just change it to all 160 BPM and cut the measures at 80 in half. But I scrapped that idea after realizing how easy it is to add new speed mods such as C750. Maybe I will add a feature to change the display BPM into something helpful.
Last edited by BigBadOrc on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

v2.5 released. Don't know what I was thinking in my last post because this release has quite a few new features:

-DWI support <- I got frustrated with whole "endless mode" thing in stepmania. I'll release a DWI to SM conversion program separately shortly.
-option to overwrite already existing charts (on by default but easy to change)
-option to select a novice difficulty (important because no speed mods allowed in novice steps

I've given up on the song difficulty analyzer for now because it was looking like it would take a lot of time to get it right. So current project is to get http://www.mixxx.org/ to work....
groovestats
<3 blackcat