ITG is Comin' Home

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:11 am

ill buy it... just got an octane metal yesterday so i think im good...

plus i want to play the ITG songs.... the nearest machine... is a long ways away :P

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:53 am

LikeableRodent wrote:I play ITG expert stepfiles on Stepmania with RO Ignition pads and they hold up just fine....but I think your fears concerning home pads are unfounded, assuming that you at least have good pads (i.e. Ignitions).
Dude I'm fat. It's different for me. My cobalt flux slides around and it's way heavier than an Ignition. :cry: :cry:

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:44 pm

I think there's more reasons than you just being fat. The bottoms of the ignitions have a grippy bottom the helps to prevent it from moving too far, though it's also pretty dependant on the type of floor you're playing on. This doesn't mean the pad doesn't migrate, but it's not as horrible a thing as many people are making it out to be, unless you play double which is when you break out the duct tape.

How about this- this weekend I'll play ITG expert stepfiles on both RO Ignitions and Cobalt Flux pads and document how much both of them migrate while playing. I don't have any fat people handy that are at your level of skill and are able to play those songs, so I'll just have to stick to skinny people (as in me) doing the experiment.