MyMyBox BlueShark Metal Pad GXG

Moderator: Moderators

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

MyMyBox BlueShark Metal Pad GXG

Post by Cbav » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:58 pm

I'm considering buying this. I've heard great things about the BlueShark metal pads, and this one appears to be the best..

http://mymybox.com/ddrmbsgxg365.html
MYMYBOX BLUESHARK METAL PAD GXG use Real Arcade Machine Sensor for better performance
Judging by the pictures, the GXG looks like it's basically the same stage you play on at the arcades. (but of course being diff brand and setup)

Does anyone have one of these or have played on one? I need to know if it's worth the buy. I'm up for investing $400.00 on this thing if it's sensors and arrows work like the arcade. If it's a near perfect replica of the arcade, I probably won't be showing up at the arcade for a long time. :D [/quote]
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:04 pm

I posted about this in the DDR thread but its cool... My friend bought one of these
http://mymybox.com/ddrmbsgxg.html

And it is AMAZING...I feel like I am playing on an arcade stage...really good quality of sensors and all...the only thing that is still a mystery is how long it will last...but since you can service it and it is actually constructed like an arcade platform..I have a feeling that they are long lasting.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:33 pm

Wow, more than a CF...didnt think that'd ever happen.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:13 pm

lgolem wrote:I posted about this in the DDR thread but its cool... My friend bought one of these
http://mymybox.com/ddrmbsgxg.html

And it is AMAZING...I feel like I am playing on an arcade stage...really good quality of sensors and all...the only thing that is still a mystery is how long it will last...but since you can service it and it is actually constructed like an arcade platform..I have a feeling that they are long lasting.
Awesome. Awesomeawesomeawesome.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Now that + the version with the bar (when it's in stock again..) should be an excellent combo. =]

Got my paycheck today from TFP... Half way to the pad already. =]

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:20 pm

Cbav wrote: Got my paycheck today from TFP... Half way to the pad already. =]
I'd be sure to save a little extra: shipping prices on something like that suck, but it has to get to your house somehow.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:37 am

if im not mistaken, it uses sensors like the ones in a ddr pad
Team KIMO represent!

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:47 am

Be positive this is an investment you want. If a 2 week paycheck pays about half, then 4 weeks to pay full...and prolly 40 or more for shipping...Thats a months worth of work (and in general, arcades get less business as winter rolls around, so sadly that may mean less work for you, BUT that might not happen to you guys, I don't really know).

I remember a couple really bad impulse buys that I did when I got my first job. I got an X-Box and 5 games (spent ~400ish total), played them all for a total of about 5 hours, and then realized I didn't enjoy it at all and sold it all to a buddy for $70.

Second, I bought a $300 ddr pad. I REALLY wanted a home pad so I could play at home and improve more...but I found it helped almost none, and I also didn't even enjoy playing it at home (oddly enough, I hate playing DDR/ITG in front of any amount of a crowd). Now, it sits in storage, at least I think it does. I might've sold it, I dunno.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:58 am

Dyme wrote:if im not mistaken, it uses sensors like the ones in a ddr pad
You can take the sensors out of the pad and put them in a ddr machine...they are ddr sensors just not konami made

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:47 pm

Our DDR club got one, and it's by far the best home DDR pad I've played on.

If you really want to spend that much money on a DDR pad, this is the one to get.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:34 pm

I still say go flux. CF pads are built like tanks. Everyone thought the Afterburner pads would be the CF killer, but they don't have a particularly wonderful lifespan.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:25 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I still say go flux. CF pads are built like tanks. Everyone thought the Afterburner pads would be the CF killer, but they don't have a particularly wonderful lifespan.
The CF is still on my mind, the only part I don't like is it's not as close in resemblance to the arcade pad as the BlueShark is.

Another plus is the BlueShark has a bar, and the CF doesn't. This means I dont' have to use furniture around the house... (in which the most comfortable piece/closest to arcade bar height to lean on was a music stand... not too safe)

My Afterburner is still working like it's brand new, and it's a year and a half. Apparently most afterburner's flat lined in under a year. O_o