AHH!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

AHH!!!

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:32 pm

I was playing ITG2, and i think i was playing Destiny, and i had freeze arrows on the right and left, and there was an arrow going down!!
How are you suppost to hit that?...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:53 pm

If you've run out of feet, use other appendages. Hands are the most common, and usually the preferred appendages to use for this. ITG has them on some songs (it'll list the number, in fact), and so does Pump (on MANY songs on CZ difficulty and I think even some on Hard). If you want to really have your head messed with, play Queen of Light Expert on ITG or Pierrot CZ on Pump.

On Pump, there are certain ones that you can hit by jumping with your feet spanning multiple panels and stomping fairly hard, often while rocking your feet upon landing. It takes some technique, but it is quite possible (though much easier for people with larger feet and shoes). I don't know that this is possible on ITG due to the stage layout, and I've certainly never seen anybody try it.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:16 pm

MonMotha wrote:I don't know that this is possible on ITG due to the stage layout, and I've certainly never seen anybody try it.
It's deffinately possible, though it's quite a good deal more difficult. I've played through ROM-eo & Juli8 without using my hands, but I did miss a few times, and it wasn't nearly as easy to do as it is in Pump.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:28 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:
MonMotha wrote:I don't know that this is possible on ITG due to the stage layout, and I've certainly never seen anybody try it.
It's deffinately possible, though it's quite a good deal more difficult. I've played through ROM-eo & Juli8 without using my hands, but I did miss a few times, and it wasn't nearly as easy to do as it is in Pump.
And your FA suffers greatly when you try this. Easier to crouch and use your hands in ITG. Easier to spread feet (I have big feet so it isn't a problem for me) in PIU.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Re: AHH!!!

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:24 am

Pheonixguy wrote:I was playing ITG2, and i think i was playing Destiny, and i had freeze arrows on the right and left, and there was an arrow going down!!
How are you suppost to hit that?...
For hitting those extra arrows, hands and knees are my favorite.

If you really want to try a fun song with a lot of stuff like that, play Bend your Mind. It's awesome. Probably one of my favorite songs on ITG because there's so much to do in it.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:43 am

MonMotha wrote:If you've run out of feet, use other appendages. Hands are the most common, and usually the preferred appendages to use for this. ITG has them on some songs (it'll list the number, in fact), and so does Pump (on MANY songs on CZ difficulty and I think even some on Hard). If you want to really have your head messed with, play Queen of Light Expert on ITG or Pierrot CZ on Pump.
Yeah, they do list them. They're called "hands" for a reason! ^_^ I personally find them quite fun. And Pump songs on hard do have plants in them every so often, like Starian and Don't Bother Me, just to name a couple.

As for Queen of Light Expert...I have seen that evil. Never played it, obviously, but just looking at it makes me go cross-eyed.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:51 pm

If you can move your feet fast enough you can hit the arrow and go back to the freeze before you lose it. I personally use hands.

trythil
Standard
Standard

Post by trythil » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:16 pm

Yume_Taira wrote: As for Queen of Light Expert...I have seen that evil. Never played it, obviously, but just looking at it makes me go cross-eyed.
It's actually not all that bad (well, IMO, anyway); the most confusing part is probably in the seventh and eighth columns of the stepchart with the three-handplants-in-a-row weirdness.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:49 am

the only chart ive seen that requires knees is Disconnected Disco expert doubles.
Team KIMO represent!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:31 am

Raw requires....I'm not sure, but lots of extra things to hit panels with :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:10 am

MonMotha wrote:Raw requires one to be an octopus.
Fixed :D
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:16 am

FLAKK wrote:
MonMotha wrote:Raw requires one to be an octopus.
Fixed :D
You still don't have enough appendages, even including the head/body - that's only 9...

(For those unfamiliar with it, Raw is a song that isn't really meant to be played as it contains a message made of arrows, and it includes a 10 panel hold)
A normality test:
+++ATH

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:21 am

trythil wrote:
Yume_Taira wrote: As for Queen of Light Expert...I have seen that evil. Never played it, obviously, but just looking at it makes me go cross-eyed.
It's actually not all that bad (well, IMO, anyway); the most confusing part is probably in the seventh and eighth columns of the stepchart with the three-handplants-in-a-row weirdness.
Oh...it appears I was thinking of the wrong song. It has been a while since I stepped some ITG arrows. Someone played a song where, for a while, every other arrow except for the one you're supposed to be stepping on was a mine.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:42 pm

Lil Dyme wrote:the only chart ive seen that requires knees is Disconnected Disco expert doubles.
If I remember right Disconnected Disco doesn't require knees...

But Bend Your Mind definately does, and unless you wanna drop one of the freezes you're holding, I can't think of a way around it.

trythil
Standard
Standard

Post by trythil » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:53 pm

MonMotha wrote:Raw requires Pump hacking.
Probably more appropriate, since it actually worked in one case :P
Yume_Taira wrote:Oh...it appears I was thinking of the wrong song. It has been a while since I stepped some ITG arrows. Someone played a song where, for a while, every other arrow except for the one you're supposed to be stepping on was a mine.
There's a ridiculous edit called VerPaths (for VerTex) out there that looks a lot like that:

http://itgfreak.com/editchart.php?autho ... ode=Double