OH SHIT!

Moderator: Moderators

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

OH SHIT!

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Thu May 08, 2008 1:18 am

I'll just c/p m gloat thread from pump haven.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2759.l1259

FOR 2800 BUCKS.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Seriously, I've been biding my time for a couple years now to see if I could pounce on something like this. GX/DX would have been too big, FX would have cost too much, SD would have been tolerable.

The fact it's already NX is a huge bonus. I mean it's about a 99% likely hood it's already a mk6, and there's a chance it has all the old school hook ups for me to put my mk3 in.

MAJOR thanks to Kuhazan for tipping me off to this.

Brian, have you talked to WinDEU lately?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Re: OH SHIT!

Post by lgolem » Thu May 08, 2008 1:52 am

YOU SUCK!!!

LOOK AT THESE FUCKING PEPPERS *steals machine*

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu May 08, 2008 7:07 am

Congratulations! That's quite a find. I actually just stopped watching Pump auctions recently. It figures they'd get interesting once I quit. ;)
YeehawMcKickass wrote:GX/DX would have been too big
Isn't the overall footprint of an SX the same as a GX?
YeehawMcKickass wrote: Brian, have you talked to WinDEU lately?
No, not since our initial discussions.

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Thu May 08, 2008 8:40 am

Overall footprint is about the same, but SX weighs less than GX. That's the important part if I have to try to move it into my house.

You'll want to talk to WinDEU about the deal you were working on. It may cause some ACEN issues.

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Sun May 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Machine is in the garage, I have a laundry list of stuff to deal with. Some good, some bad.

I got the machine in FAR better shape than it was when it was in Dennis'. Here's a list of what the seller did for it:

Shined everything up, cleaned up the wiring going from the machine to the pads, gave them a new tube, welded the right bar back together, re-painted the bars, cleaned out the exterior of the cabinet, and replaced a bunch of bolts.

Minor issues I need to clear up: 1p 3 area leg leveler is missing, 2p 7 is reporting a stuck sensor in the up position, Several bolts are missing (pad ties, bars), general Pad TLC.

Major Issue: I knew Dennis' was a cheapskate place, but this takes the cake. IT'S STILL RUNNING ON A MK.5. Given the amounts of money I've spent this month, I'm likely not going to be able to rectify this situation. NX seems to be running fairly well in a mk.5, and old regulars to dennis' have reported that it rarely hiccuped while in service. This makes putting my NX2 kit in a bit on the difficult side.

Pleasant surprises: Getting Exceed along with the machine was unexpected. Monitor only needed minor tweaking to get into position. All connections for hooking in a Mk.3 board are present.

Huge awesome surprise: Electronic Coin Comparitors installed on both coin doors. We're talking top of the line stuff here. This is the kind of coin system that can take anything from a dime to something the size of the coin slot.

I have videos and pictures available, but I'm having a hard time finding my SD to usb converter. I also have a Final exam to do today, so It'll be a while before I report any more stuff.