Pump It Up NX2 - Next Xenesis

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:08 pm

FLAKK wrote:Here is the NM chart for Tell Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCQbxrQKeyo

I love the song, but the chart can die in a fire with all of its speed changes/stops.
Yeah I was about to say if that is all the internation version is missing, they are doing us a favor, that chart looks like garbage. Like the song but that was just a terrible chart.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:29 pm

If you hate that chart, do not expect anything better from other new songs. If they are placing those gimmicks in what are supposed to be the easy songs, I can only imagine what Andamiro did to the new boss songs.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Bloody Riot
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Bloody Riot » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:52 pm

FLAKK wrote:If you hate that chart, do not expect anything better from other new songs. If they are placing those gimmicks in what are supposed to be the easy songs, I can only imagine what Andamiro did to the new boss songs.
What's with the gimmicks.... wait, why should I ask that, MEXICO!!! It's all your fault damn it.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:11 am

So the game soundtrack is live on PH in the media database, I have to say, they seem to be incorporating heavier sounding songs this time around. Like how for a short while they had Ultramania, which sounded NOTHING like pump, there are more songs with that heavy alternative sound. Monkey Fingers 2 sounds like SHIT!!!!! Solitary 1.5 sounds ok, all in all it the only promising song would be Faster Z and Tell Me (which is not on the international version sadly)

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:12 am

Beat the Ghost and Jam O Beat fucking destroy

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Jason Dread wrote:Beat the Ghost and Jam O Beat fucking destroy
Yeah I just discovered that, I listened to the whole ost on the way to work, the only 2 I really don't care for is Monkey Fingers 2 (A.k.a. Monkey Fingers Speedy Mix) and Higgedly Piggedly

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:15 am

Bump for some information.

Kits require soldering, not sure where but I asked turkeyslam/pawprint for the "instructions" if there are any.

Bigger news: WorldMax is fully editable. No hax required.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:15 am

You have to solder a ground and "on/off" (actual function unknown since I haven't torn apart the stupid breakout box) to the jacked up harness (or "JAMMA" as they call it, despite being backwards from the JAMMA standard). This is similar to the Pro conversion kit. At least you don't have to heavily mod the front panel, though they do still have you drill a hole in the cabinet.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:38 am

So is there anything as to how to unlock songs?

....All I have understood so far is the USB things that you have to buy keep track of mileage (like the Exceed CS) and you spend your mileage to buy the unlocks, and the unlocks are not saved to the machine, they are just read off the USB drive....or at least that is what I have understood....but still that is just what I gathered from videos and pics....

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:41 pm

MonMotha wrote:You have to solder a ground and "on/off" (actual function unknown since I haven't torn apart the stupid breakout box) to the jacked up harness (or "JAMMA" as they call it, despite being backwards from the JAMMA standard). This is similar to the Pro conversion kit. At least you don't have to heavily mod the front panel, though they do still have you drill a hole in the cabinet.
I know brian already has his kit, but with the one I'm getting I'm going to have to cook up some sort of breakaway connector for those wires. the machine I'll be installing on isn't mine.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:33 pm

YeehawMcKickass wrote:I know brian already has his kit
IS THIS TRUE?!
YeehawMcKickass wrote:I'm going to have to cook up some sort of breakaway connector for those wires. the machine I'll be installing on isn't mine.
I can now confirm that the add-on pod is not necessary. Plugging the USB drive directly into MK6 works just fine. So simply plugging some extender cables in, running them out the back, and plugging USB drives into them should work just fine.

Meanwhile, the soldering part of the USB pod installation consists of only two wires. You could easily solder them onto the harness and run them through a breakaway plug for quick and easy removal. BTW, the only purpose of those wires seems to be to turn the USB pod on and off.

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:19 pm

I had a feeling pawprint had his usb slots disabled in bios or something. I'll tell him to check that.

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:03 pm

WISE FWOM YUOW GWAVE!

It's about 90% that I'll get my kit tomorrow.