(the actual talk about) Pump it Up Pro

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:52 am

FLAKK wrote:EDIT: There was a problem with the 33" model being unsafe by some countries standards, which was why AM originally was going to discontinue the GX line completely and bring something new.
A 33" CRT is unsafe? And somehow a practically unprotected 42" plasma is safer? Excuse me a moment as I go find a place to store all this laughter.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:29 pm

Considering the GX abortion will also use a CRT, I do not think the actual CRT was the problem. Perhaps it was something in the wiring. All I know is that there was apparently something wrong with the original GX that was bad enough for them to want to discontinue production.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:42 pm

If it's "some countries", that makes me think that there is an electrical safety issue. It's getting hard to find 33" CRT arcade monitors these days. All the manufacturers are pushing LCD and Plasma because they can. I would still have trouble believing they couldn't find some that meet global safety standards. The monitor they were using was a Kortek, and the monitor Betson puts in DDRSN is a Kortek. Having looked at this monitor closely, it looks like it should meet just about any electrical safety standards you can think of that would apply to open-frame CRT monitors. I'd think Kortek would design all their monitors to the same safety standards, but who knows.

As for physical safety, there's not much you can do to a CRT from anything that should be exposed to compromise it. I'm told you can drop them from a 2nd story balcony onto concrete their face, and they'll just bounce. I can't say I've confirmed it, but given the amount of glass there, I don't think I doubt it. I wouldn't recommend trying that with a Plasma.

I still can't shake the thought that they just want to make the GX seem less attractive compared to the FX. The FX certainly does set their cabinet apart from DDR as it doesn't really look anything like a DDR cabinet, but it's also REALLY busy, and Pump doesn't really benefit from widescreen (if anything, it would benefit from a 5:4 monitor rather than 4:3). I'm also not a fan of Plasma in an arcade environment; they just burn too fast.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:57 pm

MonMotha wrote:Pump doesn't really benefit from widescreen (if anything, it would benefit from a 5:4 monitor rather than 4:3). I'm also not a fan of Plasma in an arcade environment; they just burn too fast.
AM also does not even make NX native to widescreen. Also, the Pro machine at St. Louis had burn ins after four days of it being there.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:04 pm

FLAKK wrote:AM also does not even make NX native to widescreen. Also, the Pro machine at St. Louis had burn ins after four days of it being there.
While the stretch isn't an optimal solution, the development of NX does predate the release of the FX cabinet. It is possible that the next mainline Pump release will be configurable for either screen (hopefully they don't just assume widescreen and crush it on all the 4:3 cabinets out there).

As for the burn, that's probably just temporary retension. If you were to play some static on it for about 10-15 minutes, it would probably go away. Given that you noticed the retension after such a short period, it will burn eventually, but 4 days simply isn't enough time to burn even a Plasma.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 pm

Ho wrote:
FLAKK wrote:EDIT: There was a problem with the 33" model being unsafe by some countries standards, which was why AM originally was going to discontinue the GX line completely and bring something new.
A 33" CRT is unsafe? And somehow a practically unprotected 42" plasma is safer? Excuse me a moment as I go find a place to store all this laughter.
I know, it's funny as hell isn't it. I even said to AM reps in korea when I first saw the FX that the screen needed to be protected better.

I for one plan to not call this new version GX a GX, I will be referring to it as a GD and hope the rest of you join me in this venture.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:33 am

sup shane
Team KIMO represent!

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:46 pm

yo.

i like pro, it's fun.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Re: (the actual talk about) Pump it Up Pro

Post by lgolem » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:48 pm

A patch is coming out for Pro soon adding new content and stuff. HALF DOUBLES ARE BEING ADDED BABY!!! Which is awesome cause Halfdoubles are so much fun :D. Along with 12 new song.

2 classic Banya revivals
Can Can - Banya
Miss's Story - Banya (with a new Nightmare added)

3 crossovers from the ITG series
Euphoria - KaW feat. Smiley
Tension - Inspector K
Tribal Style - KaW

7 New Songs to Pump Pro
Epilogue - When Machines Dream
Kitty Cat - Coconut
Ladybug - Coconut
London Bridge - SCIguys
Move It Groove It - KaW feat. Sam I Am
Shooting Star - Coconut
Style On My Speed Dial - Oscillator X

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re:

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:28 pm

MonMotha wrote:If it's "some countries", that makes me think that there is an electrical safety issue. It's getting hard to find 33" CRT arcade monitors these days. All the manufacturers are pushing LCD and Plasma because they can. I would still have trouble believing they couldn't find some that meet global safety standards. The monitor they were using was a Kortek, and the monitor Betson puts in DDRSN is a Kortek. Having looked at this monitor closely, it looks like it should meet just about any electrical safety standards you can think of that would apply to open-frame CRT monitors. I'd think Kortek would design all their monitors to the same safety standards, but who knows.

As for physical safety, there's not much you can do to a CRT from anything that should be exposed to compromise it. I'm told you can drop them from a 2nd story balcony onto concrete their face, and they'll just bounce. I can't say I've confirmed it, but given the amount of glass there, I don't think I doubt it. I wouldn't recommend trying that with a Plasma.

I still can't shake the thought that they just want to make the GX seem less attractive compared to the FX. The FX certainly does set their cabinet apart from DDR as it doesn't really look anything like a DDR cabinet, but it's also REALLY busy, and Pump doesn't really benefit from widescreen (if anything, it would benefit from a 5:4 monitor rather than 4:3). I'm also not a fan of Plasma in an arcade environment; they just burn too fast.
Ahhhhhh!!! MonMotha's inflicting people with Narcolepsy again!!!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Re:

Post by lgolem » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:17 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:BITCH BITCH
Jesus H. Christ....that is a rant from a really old post.

Don't be hating. I find Brandon's posts to be in detailed and highly informative...to be able to understand that much stuff is fucking unreal to me. At least he posts factual stuff about stuff as opposed to needlessly flaming the new version of Guitar Hero or Rock Band or how Beatmania is all pink and no longer manly, or about how you hate Nekomata Master cause of some staggered notes that your l33t skills at beatmania just can't seem to grasp (or at least that is what I am grasping from what you are bitching about when you say, I HATE HIS STAGGERED NOTES, like as though you can't hit them or something), bout how your scores are off cause you refresh rate is off. Seriously, stop hating on Brandon cause his posts are long and actually informative.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 am

lgolem wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:BITCH BITCH
Jesus H. Christ....that is a rant from a really old post.

Don't be hating. I find Brandon's posts to be in detailed and highly informative...to be able to understand that much stuff is fucking unreal to me. At least he posts factual stuff about stuff as opposed to needlessly flaming the new version of Guitar Hero or Rock Band or how Beatmania is all pink and no longer manly, or about how you hate Nekomata Master cause of some staggered notes that your l33t skills at beatmania just can't seem to grasp (or at least that is what I am grasping from what you are bitching about when you say, I HATE HIS STAGGERED NOTES, like as though you can't hit them or something), bout how your scores are off cause you refresh rate is off. Seriously, stop hating on Brandon cause his posts are long and actually informative.
I said that as a joke which most of everybody got, but apparently you want to be butthurt all the time so I'm going to tell the straight up truth. You talk about me flaming when all I've seen from you is just that and as a result this is the reason why Hermione thinks you're a little bitch, half of IndyDDR considers you to be an asshole, and the other half considers you to be a drama whore. I said I didn't like Staggered notes which was the truth (and quite a few people agree), but your little Drama causing mind loves to blow everything out of proportion when somebody states a simple opinion. One good example is where did I ever talk about refresh rates effecting my scores? Again, it's a great example of you causing drama whether it be blowing something out of proportion, or MAKING CRAP UP! I'm here to do meaningful posts, not deal with some little punk ass bitch which is exactly what you've been doing so if you have a legitimate issue, get some testicular fortitude, drop an IM to chat man to man, and grow up instead of being a drama whore cause I'm sure everybody would rather discuss PIU Pro than deal with your antics!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:17 am

Amp Divorax wrote: I'm sure everybody would rather discuss PIU Pro than deal with your antics!

then why the fuck did you have call out brandon on a long post after I posted something about pro........

Edit: what is it an pump pro threads...I post 1 thing about Pro and the topic seems to go WAY off elsewhere...

Anyways...Update should be coming out this week :D I look forward to seeing the new songs and the half doubles! :D

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:24 am

I did that as a bit of comedic relief, nothing serious which has been done before in this very thread thank you!

To get things back on track, I do have to ask if they new ITG crossovers were done by Andamiro or by the people who made the notecharts for the other Kyle Ward songs on Pro?
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:13 am

lgolem wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote: I'm sure everybody would rather discuss PIU Pro than deal with your antics!

then why the fuck did you have call out brandon on a long post after I posted something about pro........

Edit: what is it an pump pro threads...I post 1 thing about Pro and the topic seems to go WAY off elsewhere...

Anyways...Update should be coming out this week :D I look forward to seeing the new songs and the half doubles! :D
Are you even good at ANY game you play? You suck at DDR, you suck at PIU, you suck at Pop'N, seriously, most ppl would get the hint. The majority's consensus is people that suck aren't allowed to have opinions, therefore you are void of anything in the category of general gaming.

I'll retract my statement if you can beat me in 1 of the 3 mentioned games.
I'm prettier than you :)