Heavy

Re: (the actual talk about) Pump it Up Pro

Post by Riot » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 am

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 am

Amp Divorax wrote:To get things back on track, I do have to ask if they new ITG crossovers were done by Andamiro or by the people who made the notecharts for the other Kyle Ward songs on Pro?

The note charts of the songs (other than the banya revivals) are all made by Ward and his chart programmers (some of them being JasonDread and WinDEU...I am sure there is more...I don't know the rest thought :P ). Only the Andamiro songs have charts made by Andamiro (minus the Added charts and most of the half doubles).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jeHCszse-s The new Solitary 2 Half Double chart is amazing looking :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO7lpTZPbNs so does X-treme

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Riot wrote:Image
I LOLED IRL!

On another note, I kinda have mixed feeling on the half-double notecharts that were in the videos as I honestly thought the main idea of them was to help newer players adapt to playing freestyle and nightmare modes.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:On another note, I kinda have mixed feeling on the half-double notecharts that were in the videos as I honestly thought the main idea of them was to help newer players adapt to playing freestyle and nightmare modes.
I dunno if that was the idea, but doing the center part of doubles is the hardest part to grasp really, and those I linked up are like the boss songs of half doubles (I am sure there are harder, and I am positive there are DEFINITELY easier ones than that)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Half-double is an interesting mode that I really would like to see them fully revive. Several newer nightmare charts are actually half-doubles. One application is to acclimate new doubles players, but it's also just a fun mode of play. You have roughly the same "travel" that you'd see with a singles chart. There isn't much running from one side to the other like can happen on full double charts, so it feels more like playing single. However, the stage layout is totally different. You have a total of 6 panels arranged in yet another pattern. Think of it as single play but with a stage layout not DDR or PIU like. That's about how it feels. There's a little bit of lateral motion that you don't get on a true single chart, but it's pretty minimal, and there's a whole lot of weird (but rather fun) twists and turns. It's a great mode that highlights one of the stepchart aspects PIU likes to tinker with the most.

If you want to have some fun on half double, play Mexi-Mexi [A] NM or Deja Vu NM (but not the another). Both are actually half-doubles that do a pretty good job of highlighting the funs you can have with the mode.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:26 pm

MonMotha wrote:If you want to have some fun on half double, play Mexi-Mexi [A] NM or Deja Vu NM (but not the another). Both are actually half-doubles that do a pretty good job of highlighting the funs you can have with the mode.
Not to mention My Friend Nightmare is a pretty awesome half double.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm

lgolem wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:On another note, I kinda have mixed feeling on the half-double notecharts that were in the videos as I honestly thought the main idea of them was to help newer players adapt to playing freestyle and nightmare modes.
I dunno if that was the idea, but doing the center part of doubles is the hardest part to grasp really, and those I linked up are like the boss songs of half doubles (I am sure there are harder, and I am positive there are DEFINITELY easier ones than that)

*double post and edit*

http://www.pumpituppro.com/files/PIU%20 ... atings.pdf

here is the song list and it's difficulty of the half doubles....it looks like it ranges from 2-13 (out of a 1-15 scale). And X-treme was rated a 13 so it technically is a 'boss' half double chart.

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:24 pm

MonMotha wrote:Half-double is an interesting mode that I really would like to see them fully revive. Several newer nightmare charts are actually half-doubles. One application is to acclimate new doubles players, but it's also just a fun mode of play. You have roughly the same "travel" that you'd see with a singles chart. There isn't much running from one side to the other like can happen on full double charts, so it feels more like playing single. However, the stage layout is totally different. You have a total of 6 panels arranged in yet another pattern. Think of it as single play but with a stage layout not DDR or PIU like. That's about how it feels. There's a little bit of lateral motion that you don't get on a true single chart, but it's pretty minimal, and there's a whole lot of weird (but rather fun) twists and turns. It's a great mode that highlights one of the stepchart aspects PIU likes to tinker with the most.

If you want to have some fun on half double, play Mexi-Mexi [A] NM or Deja Vu NM (but not the another). Both are actually half-doubles that do a pretty good job of highlighting the funs you can have with the mode.
This is part of the reason I bust out Premiere 2 regularly. There's some really fun half double and division charts that don't show up on any other version.