Pump Pro

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Post by danc1005 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Jason and lgolem, just leave the argument alone, dbv has already proven over and over again that he refuses to see when he's wrong and a douche about something, and he won't give up arguing until everyone else is too frustrated with him to continue.
Image

User avatar
liquidblue aka DBV
Standard
Standard
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:45 pm

Post by liquidblue aka DBV » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:17 pm

danc1005 wrote:Jason and lgolem, just leave the argument alone, dbv has already proven over and over again that he refuses to see when he's wrong and a douche about something, and he won't give up arguing until everyone else is too frustrated with him to continue.
i'm sorry, i said i wasn't going to post again, but

-i'm not wrong about any of that, they're opinions. how can you be wrong with opinions? please point out where i am factually wrong besides what i admitted was wrong on.

-a douche about something? because i critique something? wow

-arguing again, it's called debating. if you get frustrated over internet forums, you need help.

done again, not posting anymore in this thread, period.

User avatar
danc1005
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 3237
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Da Fort
Contact:

Post by danc1005 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:-arguing again, it's called debating. if you get frustrated over internet forums, you need help.

done again, not posting anymore in this thread, period.
lololololol
Image

User avatar
WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:04 am
Location: North of Indy
Contact:

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:21 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
WhiteDragon wrote: First off, I'm talking entirely about Pump Pro stepcharts. This topic is about Pro, isn't it?

And the assumption comes from the fact that Flakk is a good friend of Jason (see above post), who was involved in the development of Pro and it's stepcharts.
There is no way whatsoever that you implied that in the original post. Had you done that, I would have agreed.
FLAKK wrote:Have you played the game? There are some REALLY tough charts in the game.
Next post:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:No, i have not played the game, i have seen most of the CZ charts
Next post:
WhiteDragon wrote:I'm pretty certain Flakk has seen more stepcharts than you have
A few posts later, quoting my last post:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:where does this assumption come from? *rambling about DDR, ITG, and stepmania*
If you look at the posts in the order they were posted, it's pretty damn clear I was talking about Pump Pro. You know... The game that this entire thread is about?

Just because you overlooked something and/or misunderstood it, doesn't give you supreme authority to be an ass about it.

Also, you seem to be heavily riding on the "everyone's opinions count" to justify your bitchiness about this. However, whenever someone else posts an opinion that contradicts your's, you're incredibly quick to attack them and tell them how wrong they are to think such a thing.

I'm not going to ask you to leave. I'm just going to ask you to grow up, read carefully before drawing assumptions, and accept the fact that you are not the supreme overlord of all truth.

Thank you.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

User avatar
Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Chicago, IL/Fishers, IN
Contact:

Post by Yume_Taira » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Ok, preface:

1.) I've heard very little about Pump Pro.
2.) I haven't seen any of the charts.
3.) I haven't watched any of the videos.

But I'm not in here posting about that. To be honest, your arguing (both sides) is making it very difficult to discern actual INFORMATION from this thread, and considering it's about a NEW PIU, some people would probably like to know.

And yes, people will have critiques, and understandably so. Nobody's going to like everything about a mix, and in fact, some people will hate it (like many did DDRMAX, which I actually liked).

Flaming someone for their opinion *glares at both sides* doesn't help the critiquing process at all.

Getting extraordinarily defensive about your point of view *again, both sides* does nothing but gets everyone riled up.

On topic, from everything I've heard, it sounds like Pump with songs new and old, ITG songs entering the Pump world, that kind of stuff. I'll check the songlist to see if there's anything new or appealing (and hopefully some difficulty levels) and base my interest level on that. Isn't that simple? No flames, no defensiveness.

User avatar
lgolem
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2888
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:45 am
Location: Bloomington

Post by lgolem » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:03 pm

Yume_Taira wrote: 3.) I haven't watched any of the videos.
You can if you want but honestly don't bother, most of those videos are from the beta tests and are not the final charts, and according to Jason, almost every chart will be different on the actual realeace which we are still not sure if this it the actual realease or just more testing.
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
FLAKK wrote: Have you played the game?
No, i have not played the game.
You say opinions count right, in my opinion you have no right to bash something if you haven't personally played it yourself.
Last edited by lgolem on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:24 pm

I disagree. People form opinions about all sorts of things they've never done. I can tell you right now, poop is not worth eating, no matter how much Riot talks it up.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
lgolem
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 2888
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:45 am
Location: Bloomington

Post by lgolem » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Revivals:

Come to Me by Clon
Hypnosis by BanYa
Ignition Starts by BanYa
Oh! Rosa by BanYa (not the spanish version, the good version)
Space Fantasy by E-paksa (chart is fun, song gets annoying fast)
Chicken Wing by BanYa (I never was a fan of Chicken Wing)
Monkey Magic by E-paksa
Dance With Me by BanYa
Emperor by BanYa (after Gentleman Quality this is the best Premier 2 song)
Maria by BanYa
Bambole by Papa Gonzales
D Gang by BanYa (simple yet fun)
Everybody by Carlos T. Quila
Hello by BanYa
Let the Sunshine by Lisa Cool & The South Spirit
Ba Be Loo Be Ra by Kristeen (BOOBY SONG, lots of fun)
Born to Be Alive by P. Hernandez & B. Thomas
Get Up! by BanYa

Plus all the songs that premiered on NX and most of the ones that stayed on it.

New Songs
! - Onyx (ITG2)
Aliens in Our Midst - Corporation (NEW)
Anubis - Banzai (ITG)
Art City - Virgill (NEW)
My Friend - Lagoona (NEW)
Blow My Mind - Alphadelta (NEW)
Boogieland - Le Bruj (NEW)
Chopstix - Sonic Dimension (NEW)
Clockwork Genesis - Inspector K (ITG2)
Coming Out - PlayMaker feat. Robin (NEW)
Dance All Night - Oscillator X (NEW)
Dance Vibrations - Elpis (NEW)
Dawn (Perpetual Mix) - KaW (well Dawn was on ITG1 but who know this may be a new version of it)
Destiny - Smiley (ITG2)
DJ Superstar - Oscillator X (NEW)
Do What You Wanna Do - PlayMaker (NEW)
Energizer - ZiGZaG (ITG2)
Esperanza - KaW (NEW)
Exotica - Banzai (NEW)
Feels Just Like That Night - Eskimo & Icebird (NEW)
Funk Factory - Money Deluxe (ITG2)
Groovin' Motion - Sonic Dimension (NEW)
Hasse Mich - Oynx (NEW)
Heel and Toe - KURi-ZiLL (NEW)
Incognito - Inspector K (ITG2)
Infection - Inspector K (ITG)
Into My Dream (Kaveh Azizi Remix) - Lagoona (NEW)
It's Over Now - Virgill (NEW)
July -Euromix- JS14 (ITG2)
Love Eternal - When Machines Dream (NEW)
Monolith - Affinity (ITG2)
Moonstone - Virgill (NEW)
Nightmoves - PlayMaker (NEW)
Oasis - KaW (ITG)
Ra - Banzai (NEW)
Radius - kURi-ZiLL (NEW)
RE:RAVE - kURi-ZiLL (NEW)
Riders, Unite! - Andreas Viklund (NEW)
Robotix - Kbit (ITG2)
Round and Round - Eskimo & Icebird (NEW)
STOP! & Go - Onyx (NEW)
Summer ~Speedy Mix~ - Smiley (ITG2)
Sunshine - PlayMaker (ITG2)
Take My Time - Alphadelta (NEW)
Utopia - Smiley (ITG)
Virtual Emotion - Inspector K (NEW)
Who - KaW (NEW)
Xuxa - Smiley (ITG)
Y2Z - Affinity (NEW)
Zodiac - Banzai (ITG)

User avatar
Dyme
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 pm
Location: NWI Valparaiso, IN
Contact:

Post by Dyme » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:38 pm

edit: im dumb
Image
Image
Image
Team KIMO represent!

User avatar
Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Chicago, IL/Fishers, IN
Contact:

Post by Yume_Taira » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:41 pm

lgolem wrote:Revivals:

Chicken Wing by BanYa (I never was a fan of Chicken Wing)
Maria by BanYa
Bambole by Papa Gonzales
D Gang by BanYa (simple yet fun)
Hello by BanYa
Let the Sunshine by Lisa Cool & The South Spirit
Ba Be Loo Be Ra by Kristeen (BOOBY SONG, lots of fun)
Born to Be Alive by P. Hernandez & B. Thomas
Get Up! by BanYa

Plus all the songs that premiered on NX and most of the ones that stayed on it.
Okay, Cheesy game show theme, emo song, annoying Latin song, simple fun song, reasonably challenging Latin song, Easiest Crazy Ever song, Fan service song, BANE OF MY EXISTENCE song, and Alarm Clock song.

And a bunch of songs I've never heard of.

Enough reason to play it at least once, with or without insane Crazy charts (can't play them, anyway) or BGAs. In the end, it's all about good music and fun arrows.

User avatar
Dyme
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 pm
Location: NWI Valparaiso, IN
Contact:

Post by Dyme » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:43 pm

bambole is the greatest song ever. end of discussion.
Image
Image
Image
Team KIMO represent!

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:51 am
Location: Louisville

Post by Jason Dread » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:19 pm

danc1005 wrote:Jason and lgolem, just leave the argument alone, dbv has already proven over and over again that he refuses to see when he's wrong and a douche about something, and he won't give up arguing until everyone else is too frustrated with him to continue.
That's why I didn't even bother to read anything he bothered to say in reply in full to any degree. Circular logic combined with an ego-driven internet arrogance is something which is nothing new on the internet, and the simplest thing to do is just ignore it.

Funny to mention that by calling someone out on something they're clearly wrong about (although that won't be admitted to regardless of circumstance) I suffered his full wrath earlier this afternoon. I come back from making lunch to see this:

Austin McCree (3:33:24 PM): YOU are a prick Jesus.
Austin McCree (3:33:46 PM): Hi, here is one sentence from you, and here are ten sentences from me trying to be a fucking pompous douche.
Austin McCree (3:33:58 PM): Because I'm good at dancing games, I don't have to have social skills or be a decent human being.
Austin McCree (3:34:02 PM): Go shoot yourself.
Austin McCree signed off at 3:35:09 PM

I about shat myself laughing. It's funny to see someone so ego-driven being unable to withstand something as easy as being wrong and being pointed out on it. It's not only a class act to insult someone over the internet, but then to block and run puts the icing on the cake. This is grade a humor at its' finest.

I'm glad to see that I actually caused enough anger and frustration to illicit a response like this. It absolutely put yet another bright spot on my already great day.

Just remember, kids - when you post factual information which proves someone wrong on the internet and your peers not only agree but think the person you've proved wrong is a complete tool you WILL get an angry IM telling you to go shoot yourself.

Image
Image

User avatar
WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:04 am
Location: North of Indy
Contact:

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Jason Dread wrote:Austin McCree (3:33:24 PM): YOU are a prick Jesus.
Jason is Jesus?! :o
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:51 am
Location: Louisville

Post by Jason Dread » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:59 pm

I thought I was Mexican :shock:
Image

User avatar
liquidblue aka DBV
Standard
Standard
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:45 pm

Post by liquidblue aka DBV » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:19 pm

Jason Dread wrote: Austin McCree (3:33:24 PM): YOU are a prick Jesus.
Austin McCree (3:33:46 PM): Hi, here is one sentence from you, and here are ten sentences from me trying to be a fucking pompous douche.
Austin McCree (3:33:58 PM): Because I'm good at dancing games, I don't have to have social skills or be a decent human being.
Austin McCree (3:34:02 PM): Go shoot yourself.
Austin McCree signed off at 3:35:09 PM
wait wait wait.

i have to make sure here, do you actually think this austin mccree guy is me? Your post sure implies it.

as for the rest of your post, i already said i wouldn't get into debates here, but wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Locked