Pump Pro

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:46 am

Every time I read 'butt-hurt', I start to crack up.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:26 pm

wow just read all this.. and.. all i can say is..
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
Jason Dread wrote:You are absolutely correct and incorrect with this one. If you want to measure difficulty with stupid gimmicks such as unreasonable and uncalled for double tempo-ing, streams of single-panel jacks, split-legged drills, triple/quad/quint mayhem, and 16th note chains of turning away from the machine, moving laterally, then turning around to face the screen again, then yes NX is more difficult in the aspect that it throws more bullshit gimmicks at you than anyone would ever want to see in one mix. It's also those bullshit gimmicks which entirely keep people from playing most of the new content on NX to begin with.
That's exactly what I want to measure difficulty by, aka, skill. Sorry that you're not up for hard stuff that's linked to the song's sounds, melodies, and beats. I like to challenge myself. I like to push myself physically.

I would rather fail a song because it was too hard, than pass it because it was too easy. Gives me something to work for.

DBV just called jason dread out for not being able to do hard songs LOLFMAOCOPTERWAFFLES

i think i'm going to like pro after hearing jason's comments on it. there are a lot of keyboard steps that you can put on itg and they would be considered really hard, but they're also just stupid as shit and not fun to play. it's entirely possible to make hard songs that are also fun to play
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:55 pm

since it seems the general thought is that DBV is a dick, and apparently I am not the only one who thinks so, I will stick around. And besides I have DAT6 to plan and run, so if I have to post with the exceptional few jerks and the rest cool people then I can deal.

Anyways, Next Saturday is when Katy, Mike and I head out to play the much awaited pump it up pro, I will post a lovely review about it when we get back.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:35 pm

Leave it or love it DVB. That's my motto.

So, I don't agree with this whole argument, I am a lover of DDR, ITG, and PIU...I can't complain about any...except SuperNova, but I won't get into that.

I just feel that if you don't like PIU, if you have a problem with it, DONT POST IN THIS THREAD! Don't even post under the Pump It Up category. Seriously. It's like the biggest smack in the face to the people that like to play it. Call us fanboys if you want, but it really has no effect on us whatsoever. All it does is make you look like a jackass.

You see, this is what causes fights, because people post in the wrong threads. The haters of ITG post stupid ridiclous things in the ITG threads, and the people that don't like PIU post harsh things in the PIU threads. GROW UP! It's simple...if you don't like a certain game listed on this site, just leave it alone.

Lgolem is the more trustworthy person I know....he wouldn't lie. Anyone to tell him otherwise is just wrong...on all degrees.

DVB, for your information Jason Dread and hurtpiggypig are probably America's top two PIU contestants. The only people that could probably beat them live in Mexico or Korea. hurtpiggypig is a girl and could probably whoop anyone's ass...she has even beat Jason Dread before at Bloomington tournament. They have LOADS of talent at the game....tons of practice, and Jason Dread knows his shit because of this. End of story.

I really don't want to cause any more fights. All I want is just for everyone to stop flaming each other. I agree with danc when he said to just be careful what you post. Read and Re-read several times before you post something that could be offensive or just pointless to the topic at hand: PIU Pro.

My input to the topic: PIU Pro is going to kick ass. I can't wait. I'm freaking going to have an orgasm playing it for the first time. Fucking win.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:15 pm

lgolem wrote:since it seems the general thought is that DBV is a dick
No. I consider him a friend...as do I Jason and yourself. And frankly, I'm kinda sick of the whole lot of you being dicks to each other over what ought to be a non-issue.

This has turned into a giant ePenis fight because you don't know each other. You take disagreement as an attack and defend yourself when it's not at all necessary. It's not a battle. There doesn't have to be a winner.
blackcat wrote:Lgolem is the more trustworthy person I know....he wouldn't lie. Anyone to tell him otherwise is just wrong...on all degrees.
I know all the parties involved. I can see the points that each is making. Some I agree with, some not...on both sides of the argument. If you were all sitting in a room hashing this out, I can pretty much guarantee that this would have turned out completely differently.

But this is the internet. And we should all know things work differently online...unless we make efforts to be better than the expectation.

So I'm asking you all...please make the effort. Let's turn this back into a discussion. Or let's just agree to disagree. But please, let's be done with the personal attacks.

One of the reasons I've stuck with IndyDDR for so long is that it has historically been able to rise to this challenge. Please don't let me down.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:10 pm

lol intranetz

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:19 pm

Ho wrote:This has turned into a giant ePenis fight

lol

anyway... im with blackcat.... BE HAPPY WITH YOUR VIDEOGAMES
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:51 am

BigBadOrc wrote:LOLFMAOCOPTERWAFFLES
I just realized that the first part of that says "Laughing out loud, fucking my ass off." Intentional? I think not. Lol.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:12 pm

Pro is a lot of fun once you get past a couple of minor things:
1. USB Cards. My card that would normally work on an ITG2, would not be read by Pro 100% of the time. At best, it was more like 30%.
2. Speed mods, WTF. The Pro coders seemed to slap values to these mods and make them different from Pump, ITG, and even vanilla StepMania. 3.5x felt like it was 6x or higher.
3. OMG the interface. It is a bit confusing at first, especially when there are no instructions on what the shortcuts to things are like in ITG2 (they are the same, btw). After a few sets though, it is easier to navigate.
4. I must have more time. With such a confusing interface, I found myself running out of time a lot.
5. It is STILL off-sync. Sure the plasma display looks pretty. But even after everything was fixed, there is still a noticeable lag between the music and the steps.
6. You have to see my super cool edit....Where did it go? Edits do not show up until AFTER you select the song. Even then, it is not 100%.

I see a revision 2 coming really quick because of all of these bugs.

Overall, this is a good game. Good charts, really hard (but still fun) Progressive Mode, and unique background animations for EVERY song (my favorites are Incognito and ! ). Expect videos later this week.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:50 pm

FLAKK wrote: 2. Speed mods, WTF. The Pro coders seemed to slap values to these mods and make them different from Pump, ITG, and even vanilla StepMania. 3.5x felt like it was 6x or higher.
Yeah I was hoping this part would be fixed by now, hopefully r2 will fix it.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Also now Fluffy is coming too, so we will have a ddr player in our midst.....no I am not trying to make a referrence to a certain song on the machine, but he seems like he is looking forward to trying it out. ^_^ so you will have 4 more people tryin it out and reviewing it.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:40 am

I'm still not 100%. I'll let you know by tonight.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:47 pm

PLZ COME CHAD!!! :D

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:08 am

Pump pro is a very, very good game. It doesn't seem to be offsync to me at all, but then, I'm playing to the beat and not really to the screen. It even has mini! Which is a little wierd on pump, but I'll probably use it anyway. My only real complaint is that the rhythm noteskin isn't exactly like metal.. well, and the speed mods are wierd :O

But yeah, the songs and scoring are awesome, and the graphics make me very happy :D

My usb doesn't work the first time I plug it in when it first loads up, but I pull it out and stick it back in and it works.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Austin McCree
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Austin McCree » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Jason Dread wrote:Funny to mention that by calling someone out on something they're clearly wrong about (although that won't be admitted to regardless of circumstance) I suffered his full wrath earlier this afternoon. I come back from making lunch to see this:

Austin McCree (3:33:24 PM): YOU are a prick Jesus.
Austin McCree (3:33:46 PM): Hi, here is one sentence from you, and here are ten sentences from me trying to be a fucking pompous douche.
Austin McCree (3:33:58 PM): Because I'm good at dancing games, I don't have to have social skills or be a decent human being.
Austin McCree (3:34:02 PM): Go shoot yourself.
Austin McCree signed off at 3:35:09 PM

I about shat myself laughing. It's funny to see someone so ego-driven being unable to withstand something as easy as being wrong and being pointed out on it. It's not only a class act to insult someone over the internet, but then to block and run puts the icing on the cake. This is grade a humor at its' finest.

I'm glad to see that I actually caused enough anger and frustration to illicit a response like this. It absolutely put yet another bright spot on my already great day.

Just remember, kids - when you post factual information which proves someone wrong on the internet and your peers not only agree but think the person you've proved wrong is a complete tool you WILL get an angry IM telling you to go shoot yourself.
I'm not DBV. I don't really have any idea who he is. I don't really hate you that much. It's really funny to see the way you argue with people on the Internet. It takes almost none of my time or effort to press your buttons, and the responses I get are priceless. I'd like you to keep mistaking me for other people in the future.