So yeah, about the bullshit structure to get to WPF in '07

Moderator: Moderators

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

So yeah, about the bullshit structure to get to WPF in '07

Post by Jason Dread » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:46 am

Go here and a little down the page details everything by BSE.

http://www.pumpcore.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 7&start=20

So what my plan is, and if people are actually interested in getting behind me in this I'd love to hear some feedback, is to make all of Kentucky/Indiana/Ohio a "Club" under their standards, since these three states in particular seem to travel around, especially to each other's tournaments. So we round up players from this region, get some money and prizes from AM, and just organize tournaments and other fun around the area.

Yes, this may be the absolute stupidest thing EVER to get people to go to WPF, and if not understood already then what it is essentially is that Nationals will not be an open tournament, but closed to any nominees from the region. So that would mean between these three states we'd have several tournaments before the nominating proceedure, and then decide who to send to Nationals from all three divisions (Male/Female Speed and Freestyle) and the tournament goes on from there. Once again, this is stupid, but I think we have alot of possibility to use this to our advantage in our region considering the multiple locations we are able to host tournaments in that would accomodate everyone at some point or another.

Alright, is anyone with this or has any questions on the matter?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:58 am

CROCK OF SHIT IS WHAT IT IS

about the nominee thing...but it somewhat neat the idea of us kind of staying in our region playing our own tourneys...so that we may have less people from out of our region coming in and taking our precious points from us

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:18 pm

I'm in. But I guess you already knew that.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So yeah, about the bullshit structure to get to WPF in '

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:31 pm

Jason Dread wrote:I think we have alot of possibility to use this to our advantage in our region considering the multiple locations we are able to host tournaments in that would accomodate everyone at some point or another.
The biggest question in my mind is if any of those locations will have NX... Flakk might have to host an invitational. ;)

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Re: So yeah, about the bullshit structure to get to WPF in '

Post by lgolem » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:23 pm

Ho wrote:
Jason Dread wrote:I think we have alot of possibility to use this to our advantage in our region considering the multiple locations we are able to host tournaments in that would accomodate everyone at some point or another.
The biggest question in my mind is if any of those locations will have NX... Flakk might have to host an invitational. ;)
Flakk will just have to take his NX harddrive to every tourney.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:57 pm

I can guarantee my hard drive and pads at any Louisville tourney since there's really only one place that we'd hold it at, Renaissance Fun Park. As far as an invitational goes.. well, I can't host too many people. Small gatherings, I can do.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:03 pm

My main wanting for wanting to organize this is because I really belive we have the largest group of Pump players pretty much anywhere in this section of the US with an absolute solidarity between the players. For what AM would be giving to our region (from what the say at the moment at least), I would absolutely love to give back to this region in any sort of form possible. I'm sure there will be at least one NX which could travel around (Chris' NX HDD I would assume for any tourneys outside of Louisville, which would pretty much amount to Indiana since the only tournament locale in Ohio which would be traveled to is D&B, but then again not everyone could get in there, and they'd want a shitload of money, yadda yadda), but there are enough people in this region to have a couple tournaments which would have substantial cash prizes attached to them. I honestly don't see any other reason why we would need money in our region other than that.

It's good to see there are several people jumping on the bandwagon, and I'm sure more are interested but just choose not to post about it in any form on here at the moment. I don't know when the registration process will open, but once it does I'll go ahead and put our names in.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:13 pm

I agree that this is a pretty stupid system, but I'll fully support a IN/KY/OH club.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:21 pm

If all I really have to do is put my name on a piece of paper to say I'm in a club then I'm all for it. Sign me up, I suck at pump but I'll help out Jason Dread because in some small way I'll be helping out America too.

Fuck communism.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:42 pm

As one of the very few PIU player up in the fort I have to sign up just to keep it alive up here.
Warning incoming game!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:50 pm

Merk wrote:I suck at pump
Actually, you are pretty good at pump..in comparison to your Didder skills you may think you suck, but if you were to show up at tourneys....I wouldn't be surprised if you got far into.
Merk wrote:but I'll help out Jason Dread because in some small way I'll be helping out America too.

Fuck communism.
ANYONE WHO DOESN'T SUPPORT JASON DREAD IS A COMMUNIST. :lol:

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:51 pm

Merk wrote:If all I really have to do is put my name on a piece of paper to say I'm in a club then I'm all for it. Sign me up, I suck at pump but I'll help out Jason Dread because in some small way I'll be helping out America too.

Fuck communism.
That's pretty much what we'd need is a few names on paper. They'd be giving us money twice a year for events and such, too...at least that's what they say at the moment.

Thanks guys, it's good to see a good deal of interest in this :D

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:07 pm

This just proves I have to much time on my hands

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:15 pm

As far as I'm concerned, you just won the internet.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Sign me up.