PIU New Xenesis!

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

PIU New Xenesis!

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:47 pm

Eariler today on Bemanistyle's frontpage a logo for a possible new version of PIU was revealed. Not much is known quite yet, but this is pretty damn quick given how new Zero is.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:12 pm

Andamiro pumps out a new mix every year. I think they used to push two games a year, one every six months. They will likely show it off at WPF like they did with Zero.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:17 pm

1 mix/version per year is certainly not unheard of in the field of music games. When DDR was popular, Konami was doing at least one mix per year, approaching about 6-9 months between revisions. PnM and IIDX are currently hovering around one release every 10 months, and GF/DM is doing about a release per year. Zero was announced at least year's WPF, so this would mark one year of PIU: Zero if it were announced soon.

You almost have to do one revision per year or so. People get tired of playing the same old songs pretty quickly. The rumor for the next version is that it will include tons of revivals while dropping very little of the new stuff, something akin to DDR Extreme in terms of the songlist. I'm sure they'll also update the graphics even more and add some new features/gimmicks. Memory card slots were also planned at one point - rumor was that those were scrapped when Konami bought Roxor, but I somehow doubt Andamiro cares too much about that.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:17 am

MonMotha wrote:when Konami pwnd Roxor
fixederateded

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:25 am

Ho wrote:
fixederateded
PWND BY KONAMI, THAT IS AN ADMIRABLE PWNAGE

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:00 pm

I think he just wanted to point out that Roxor was not actually bought by Konami, but just had to give up their by far biggest franchise (in other words pwnd).

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:45 pm

lgolem wrote:
Ho wrote:
fixederateded
PWND BY KONAMI, THAT IS AN ADMIRABLE PWNAGE
Negative.

I look forward to this mix. Even though I have no pump near me, at all.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Well it took long enough for there to be a new ddr ac :?

at least they had a yearly cs come out... even if it wasnt very good
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:49 pm

bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote:First off thanks to turkeyslam and PH for posting this info. And to blodiaspike for providing to this info to him. Also thanks to mxpumpers for the videos, and pumpmdq for added info.

And yea, I'm sure some of this info was said earlier:

NEW CONFIRMED BANYAS AND YAHPP ORIGINALS:
Yahpp - Arch of Darkness (BPM 135.5)
Yahpp - Chimera (BPM 210)
Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-1 (BPM 170)
Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-2 (BPM 200)
Yahpp - Witch Doctor #1 (BPM 122)
BanYa - Bullfighter's Song (BPM 168)
BanYa - Do You Know That -Old School-
BanYa - 2006 Love Song
BanYa - Gun Rock
BanYa - Ugly Dee
Jin Yang Hyun vs. Yahpp - U Inside My Dim Memory
Hyang Lim Park vs. Yahpp - My Brother is Street Singerp)

NEW K-POPS:
B.E.G. & Cho PD - Hold the Line
Epik High - Fly
Dynamic Duo - Go Back
DJ DOC - One Night
N.Ex.T - For You
Jong Kook Kim - Lovely
Apple Jam - Snow Dream
Jiny - Free
Hyun Jin Young - Hyun Jin Young Go Jin Young Go
Typhoon - So
Ururbu Project - Terminal Depository
May - Handsome Character That Pass

NEW POPS:
DJ Dookie - Hybs
DVS - Bust Back
Andrew Kim - Throw 'Em Down
Haley - Sam-I-Am
Gyfted - We Goin' Fly (Remix)

CONFIRMED REVIVALS:
U'Two - Guilty Conscience (now called "Mistake")
N.Ex.T - Lazenca, Save Us
Som2 - Pray
Deux - Come Back To Me
Crying Nut - Circus Magic

CONFIRMED DROPPED SONGS:
BanYa - Hate
BanYa - Pumping Up

BanYa - My Way
BanYa - Street Show Down
BanYa - Free Style

CONFIRMED SPECIAL STATION SONGS:
-all Anothers from Zero: unlocked
-all remixes from Zero: unlocked
-Love is a Danger Zone [another CZ]: unlocked - Division all-wild steps
-Mr. Larpus [another CZ, NM]: unlocked (FS = Zero Another steps, NM = new steps)
-She Likes Pizza [another NM]: locked
-Hi-Bi [another NM]: locked
-Csikos Post [another NM]: locked
-What Do You Really Want [another CZ, NM]: locked
-Phantom [another NM]: locked
-Dr. M [another CZ]: locked
-Fighting Spirits [another CZ, NM]: locked
-Kiss Me [another NM]: locked
-Deja Vu [another NM]: locked
-Shake It Up [another NM]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 1 [another HD, CZ, NM]: locked
-Bee [another CZ]: locked
-Beethoven Virus [another CZ]: locked
-Gun Rock [another]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 2-1 [another]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 2-2 [another]: locked
-Chimera [another]: locked
-[OST] Beat of the War 2: locked
-[OST] Love is a Danger Zone 2: locked
-[OST] Lovely: locked
-[OST] U Inside My Dim Memory: locked
-Chicago Remix: locked
-Groove Remix: locked
-Classical Remix 2: locked
-Remix containing Witch Doctor, Will o' the Wisp, and two more songs
-MORE unlisted remixes and OSTs which couldn't be identified due to the lock icon

RANDOM DETAILS:
-Immense new song list size. At least a few dozen, with reports of 37, 38, 43, and 46 new songs from different sources.
-There are 12 BanYas (7 Yahpp and 5 BanYa Productions), 12 K-Pops, and 5 Pops, with an unknown number in Special Station.
-The game no longer has the songs split up by channels, but rather has them all chained together in one continuous loop, somewhat like in the past before
Exceed. Songs which shared channels before are still joined together (such as all Banyas being together). Both top left and top right now change difficulty.
-Channels: K-Pop, Banya, Pop, with all new songs being placed in "New Tunes" channel (when the song is selected, the channel displays above the song
-BGA previewing is still present, with the BGA preview emerging inside the disc image of your chosen song. The song name, artist, and BPM scroll below the disc image.
-The game has a strange new level system, with three styles, two of which are stars and skulls, with every star representing 2 levels and skulls representing 3 (specifics on what equals what not confirmed yet). The third style has question marks.
-Playable full version songs (OSTs) and tons of new remixes and Another stepcharts in the brand new "Special Station".
-Special Station organizes songs similar to how Extra Mix did. You can play four anothers in one credit or two remixes. And yes, like Extra mix, you can cheat the credit by going Remix/Another/Remix!
-New beginner section with full on tutorials and lessons for beginning players.
-Timer now gives you 90 seconds for your song selection.
-"World Tour" station, with many "cities" to conquer. Unlocks unlocked on individual machines.
-Freevolt is no longer involved with Pump it Up. This game was developed by the developer "Nexcade".
-The three confirmed Pop songs so far are American hip-hop songs, yes, with profanity.
-At the end of every credit, regardless of how many songs you played, there is a graphic with the oxygen needed to play what you just played and how many calories you burned in your credit
-BanYa's Gun Rock is a remix of RAW from Exceed 2!
-Canon-D Full Mix's old steps are now Hard mode, with Crazy mode being brand new steps.
-Locked songs visible in the song select menu, but with a lock icon placed over it, making it unplayable until unlocked. There are MORE songs which are completely invisible, to be unlocked in the future.
-La Crema by Big Metra, which people believed was in the game, appears to NOT be there at all at first. It has been said that this song is the final unlock of the game.
-Despite looking horrendous in screenshots and video online, the interface actually looks really good, detailed, and polished in person, and has been getting great reviews from people seeing it in person

SQUASHED RUMORS:
-Let's Get the Party Started will NOT be returning.
-The Exceed SE songs will NOT be featured.
-Wuthering Heights, Witch Doctor, Too Late, All Famy, etc... no, they did not get new modes. They're still the same as in Zero.

Also a couple of side notes from Art:
The difficulty level system actually has THREE "styles" or icons used. Stars, skulls, and if I remember, the third was question marks. It was a bit unclear what each represented due to translation issues, but it is possible what is posted on the front page is correct on that sub-issue. From what I understood, I assumed it was something like each icon represented two difficuly levels. Each icon can also be half-shaded. For example, 3 stars and a 4th star half-shaded would indicate Level 7 in difficulty. But perhaps on the skulls and beyond, each icon is worth more. It would seem not, since I don't think you could highlight only a third of the tiny icons, if each was worth 3 levels, for example. I do admit that this aspect of the game is clunky. There was a reason for it, and it's being addressed in the future.

One of the reasons for the return to the old school interface was a desire to return to their roots, for whatever that's worth. I think it was noisuf0 who mentioned earlier -- one of Zero's big flaws was that whenever entering a Mod, it would sometimes kick you out of say Hard Mode and put you on Crazy Mode, and you might unwittingly play it that way (or vice versa). The NX interface eliminates that annoyance.

Another thing about World Tour -- as you conquer each city (god there are some crazy innovative twists, ), you get to replace that city's name with your initials/name. That city now belongs to you, haha. And from what I understand, it remains your city unless someone gets a better score there, upon which THEY get to rename it (but I can't confirm that yet). So, naturally, on the easier cities, an FPC would guarantee you permanent renaming rights to that city (no one could beat your score). Wise players will get to their arcade early after NX is installed, if they want to live in perpetuity, .

Yahpp is a huge part of Nexcade, which also makes other games. He controls Pump.
The only thing I don't understand is why the hell they are putting Christmas Memories from O2Jam in the mix (see Apple Jam - Snow Dream). :?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:10 pm

So, which set of bugs does it have? Exceed/Exceed 2/Zero or Prex 3? :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:18 pm

Prex 3. This mix is basically Prex 4. That makes me a sad panda. Going from the videos that I've seen (still calling hacks on them, btw), this is going to be the worst interface EVER. All those songs on a single channel :lol: I really hope this is some sort of an elaborate hoax and that the real NX is going to be at least Pump:Zero quality.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:26 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FjZSnasPnn8

If this isnt a hack... it looks like there is more insanity :roll:

zero's interface is the best ever imo, and they're changing it into something like ddr supernova, where it takes FOREVER to find something

But at least they finally figured out nobody likes hate ^_^
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:49 pm

bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote:CONFIRMED DROPPED SONGS:
BanYa - Hate
Damn! Looks like I'll have to change my freestyle for DAT6 :roll:
bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote:-BanYa's Gun Rock is a remix of RAW from Exceed 2!
<3
bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote:Yahpp is a huge part of Nexcade, which also makes other games. He controls Pump.
Yahpp It Up?
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:49 pm

That's an obvious hack. Below is my argument:

Mexico.

[/argument]

They're playing on keyboards. I'm no rocket scientist, but I do know that it's IMPOSSIBLE to play a non-hacked copy on a keyboard. The game is also running on some generic fighting game cabinet.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:19 am

bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote: NEW CONFIRMED BANYAS AND YAHPP ORIGINALS:
Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-1 (BPM 170)
Yahpp - Final Audition Episode 2-2 (BPM 200)
Sounds interesting I love the Final Auditions ^_^
bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote: CONFIRMED REVIVALS:
Som2 - Pray
Deux - Come Back To Me
Crying Nut - Circus Magic
Great songs shame that Let the Sunshine In isn't coming back.
bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote: CONFIRMED DROPPED SONGS:
BanYa - Hate
ABOUT FUCKING TIME
bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote: CONFIRMED SPECIAL STATION SONGS:
-Fighting Spirits [another CZ, NM]: locked
That is good that song is one of my faveorites but it only has normal (2) and freestyle (5) so I don't get to play it anymore.
bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote: -Kiss Me [another NM]: locked
The only new one that is making me think WTF
bse523 from pumpcore.com wrote: -Final Audition Episode 1 [another HD, CZ, NM]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 2-1 [another]: locked
-Final Audition Episode 2-2 [another]: locked
Just hope there aren't all like Final Audition 1 Another CZ, jackhammering gets old fast.