Seoul, here I come! ^_^

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:03 pm

An earlier post on a different thread to watch the dread madness
lgolem wrote:only 3 vids worth saving

1st is Jason and Brandon playing LiaDZ2 another nightmare.
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/A ... 0_1645.flv
2nd is againg Jason and Brandon playing same song just on different sides.
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/A ... 0_1646.flv
3rd is Jason playing Canon-D on Nightmare without bar....I think he got a B on it...I don't recall
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/A ... 0_1663.flv

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:03 pm

He's pretty good. The 3rd place was Jonny, and I'd put the two of them in the same category. I would have given 2nd place to either of them as far as stating the odds.

Anybody who can stage break LIADZ NM, A Solitary 2 [A] NM, etc. is pretty damn good. Those charts are REALLY FREAKING HARD. If the last time you saw him was the GXS tournament, he's gotten quite a bit better.

Another thing to realize is that USPF and WPF are all no bar allowed. Simply touching the bar is a DQ. That changes "who's good" a little bit sometimes. Jason is pretty good no bar.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:36 pm

MonMotha wrote:If the last time you saw him was the GXS tournament, he's gotten quite a bit better.
It seems like alot of PiU players have gotten better at it since then.....I was playing Hate and barely passing it on normal at the time of the tourney...I am doing 8s 9s and 10s now....Brandon (MonMotha) seemed to have improved....so has Tim (White Dragon)..I actually noticed a very large improvement with Chris (FLAKK).

coldgirl
Beginner
Beginner

Post by coldgirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:03 pm

lgolem wrote:That is freaking awesome....I think I hate you now....lucky bastard.
I went last year with the Dignty Sheep it was awesome :D Maybe next year Jeremy?
Last edited by coldgirl on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:08 pm

coldgirl wrote:
lgolem wrote:That is freaking awesome....I think I hate you now....lucky bastard.
I went last year with the Dignty Sheep it was awesome :D Maybe next year Jeremy?
I am signing up for the random drawing next year :D

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:13 pm

Next week, I'll be traveling through time. I'll bring back the winning lotto numbers for you all too. :lol:
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:36 am

Hey everyone, I'm off to the future in just a couple of hours now. :lol:

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Have fun! Tell us who won so we can place bets on the tournament! 8)

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Hey Jason...lets break into his house and steal his Pump Zero machine. :lol: Or if we have a hard time..lets just crash there and wreck up the place and play a shit load of pump.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:06 pm

So I'm finally in Seoul after a 15 hour flight and almost 4 hours of waiting with the Brazil pump players.
Recap of Thursday:
- Landed at 5:20 pm and hung out there for a bit with players and spectators from Brazil, UK, and USA.
- Saw NX cabs :D
- Ate some great (and really cheap at 5,000 won for a meal) food with Art and Proz. We had some beef dish that was really good. Also, Kimchi isn't as spicy as some say it is (there is some kick though).
- Experienced the hardcore driving styles of Korea. OMG. I thought we were going to crash the whole time. X_X
- Witnessed a fight on the subway
- Sleep ~_~ (I think I slept for 15-20 hours. O_O)

Right now, it's 10AM and I'm typing this at a PC bang. They gave us a bunch of goodies (posters, towels, mouse pads :lol: , sweatbands, t-shirts, a medal to make us all feel like a winner :lol:, and breakfast (white cake, two oranges, a milk, and a water).

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:19 pm

Oh my god I remember the driving. They were fucking lunatics.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:53 pm

FLAKK wrote:So I'm finally in Seoul after a 15 hour flight and almost 4 hours of waiting with the Brazil pump players.
Recap of Thursday:
- Landed at 5:20 pm and hung out there for a bit with players and spectators from Brazil, UK, and USA.
- Saw NX cabs :D
- Ate some great (and really cheap at 5,000 won for a meal) food with Art and Proz. We had some beef dish that was really good. Also, Kimchi isn't as spicy as some say it is (there is some kick though).
Was it bulgogi? If not, you really have to try some before you leave. It's just impossible to get the good stuff stateside. Anyway:
FLAKK wrote: - Experienced the hardcore driving styles of Korea. OMG. I thought we were going to crash the whole time. X_X
- Witnessed a fight on the subway
- Sleep ~_~ (I think I slept for 15-20 hours. O_O)

Right now, it's 10AM and I'm typing this at a PC bang. They gave us a bunch of goodies (posters, towels, mouse pads :lol: , sweatbands, t-shirts, a medal to make us all feel like a winner :lol:, and breakfast (white cake, two oranges, a milk, and a water).
ROTFL. Thanks for the update. Congratulations on the fun you've had so far. And good luck on surviving at least another day on Korean roads (hopefully not literally at any point)...

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:28 pm

Yes, it bulgogi :YUM:

Yesterday we spent most of our time at Lotte World. The place is a huge indoor knock-off of Disney World, but it was still lots of fun. Arturo went off and fed his addiction to basketball games. He just had to have the biggest stuffed bear to add to his collection :P I went around and looked at everything there was and played some PIU as well. They had 4 PIU machines, 3 EZ2DJs, a Percussion Freaks, and a fighter mania game (really fun, I'll try to get a picture of it). I also saw some of the coolest kiddie rides ever. There were some giant pandas that people could ride, except these actually moved around the arcade.

Pictures coming soon. There's a lot of them, so I'll probably just Rapidshare them and post the link here.

coldgirl
Beginner
Beginner

Post by coldgirl » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:01 am

Yay! Glad I didn't waste my money to go this year :D

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:09 am