Final Aud. 3

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Final Aud. 3

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Could anyone help me with doing death runs like in Final Audition 3? or is there nothing that helps other than practicing?

(oh and i discovered the hd steps are really fun on this song ^_^)
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:04 pm

Flakk: I don't know what to tell you other than practice it. The song a lot of turns. I may have a simfile if you think that will help you any.

Dread: In short, this stepchart has some of the most intense turning you will ever find outside of the levels 15 and higher (i.e. Run! CZ, Pump Me Amadeus CZ, etc.). The bbest way to improve is to get very familiar with the stepchart. I know there are at least two sites out there with a stepchart to it, and numerous stepfiles can be fond in both .stx form (only for use in Prex 3 PC) or the much better for practicing .sm format. If you do not own a Pump mat, I'm sure that if you are playing songs at that level, then you know where the buttons layouts would roughly be without a pad below you. Take that stepchart and slow it down to .8x in stepmania's edit mode, cue it to the death runs, then play it a few times at slower speeds to get a good notion of how the turning would work. After that you will probably want to take the song down to .5x or .6x and watch it on your monitor while you run slowly through the steps while either sitting in a chair, or standing up (preferred method). If you need to, use a bar/chair. Once you get the hang of it down, begin to increase the speed .1x at a time, until you begin to get very familiar with the odd turning patterns. After a few runthrough, try it out at the arcade and you should notice a drastic improvement in your score. In DDR it is very easy to BS your way through crossovers, but when maximum movement in involved thanks to the five button format, that luxury is stripped from you unless you're damn quick, Mexican, or Korean.

If you want step by step analysis, that would require a MUCH longer and deatailed explination, but I can give it to you.

Start your search with these:

Google - "Pump the Prex" (Stepfiles in .sm format with music. I believe their FA 3 u.f is slightly off, but only in the 32nd run. Someone didn't know the chart and replaced it with 16th note runs. Not a big difference)

Google - "Pump it Up stepcharts" and I'm sure you'll find one site that has them or a forums with a link where to get them.

Hope it helps.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks! The stepmainia idea sounds good, but i just wanted to know if there was any tricks to doing it, i have the cs but i doubt the pad could even handle it. :)
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Could you point me out to the file on Pump the Prex?
You will be baked

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:32 pm

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:20 pm

I passed! Well, kinda. I got an a on it, and i only passed because it was the first stage. I just need to work on the last 2 death runs with the v stuff... im not very good at that.
You will be baked