CS?

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

CS?

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Umm... I was just wondering if there was anything about a new pump cs coming out soon, with ddr and itg getting another. Just wondering
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:18 pm

Exceed SE sold very, very badly. Almost as badly as beatmania US has been, from what I've been told. Andamiro and Mastiff apparently lost money, or at the best broke about even, on that particular venture.

They did a poll on what went wrong, and they're apparently thinking about doing another release. It is not known if it will be Exceed 2 or Zero "style" or when it will be released in either the Korean or North American markets. It's possible that something may be announced at WPF2006.

In the mean time, Exceed SE isn't bad if you find an all-unlock save for it (the unlock system is REALLY bad), so get that if you don't have it. If you're interested, I could possibly be convinced to sell mine.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:47 pm

Hmm... the unlock system IS bad, but once you get past that it has alot of songs as compared to ddr or itg. Except the lack of pads is kinda bad too. But i dont think it was to the point where it should sell bad. I really hope they just basically transfer zero into cs, that would be awsome.

Edit: I just realized ddr extreme 2's unlock system is 482937234x's worse than pumps.
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:30 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:Edit: I just realized ddr extreme 2's unlock system is 482937234x's worse than pumps.
Especially because you have to "buy" the songs with "points"...

Lmao, I thought this was a Counter Strike article in the Pump thread.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:27 pm

dance1005 wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:Edit: I just realized ddr extreme 2's unlock system is 482937234x's worse than pumps.
Especially because you have to "buy" the songs with "points"...

Lmao, I thought this was a Counter Strike article in the Pump thread.
That and you have to play "Dance Master Mode"... The most boring yet frustrating missions on the face of the earth. :evil:
You will be baked

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:42 pm

No, sudden death mode is boring and frustrating, especially for even remotely experienced players. I could easily full combo any song on Exceed SE on Normal, but it's the time required to sit down and do so that turned me off to the unlock system.

Strange that many of the Japanese Bemani games come almost fully unlocked (especially IIDX) these days, while the American versions seem to
rely heavily on unlock systems. I'm curious why that is.

Of course, nothing can compare to trying to unlock a PIU Zero or DDRMAX 2 machine.

Regarding pads, I do have the one that came with the bundle. For a stock pad, it's decidedly non-crappy. MyMyBox also has a Pump metal pad available.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:10 pm

MonMotha wrote:No, sudden death mode is boring and frustrating, especially for even remotely experienced players. I could easily full combo any song on Exceed SE on Normal, but it's the time required to sit down and do so that turned me off to the unlock system.

Strange that many of the Japanese Bemani games come almost fully unlocked (especially IIDX) these days, while the American versions seem to
rely heavily on unlock systems. I'm curious why that is.

Of course, nothing can compare to trying to unlock a PIU Zero or DDRMAX 2 machine.

Regarding pads, I do have the one that came with the bundle. For a stock pad, it's decidedly non-crappy. MyMyBox also has a Pump metal pad available.
Yeah, but i didnt bother getting those songs. Plus you can put it on normal and use the controller...

I kinda figured out that i cant get any better on the pads i have, with the bad piu pad (which will handle a 13.. kinda) and an ignition (which CAN handle max300, but as compared to the machine its alot harder.) Ive started talking alot again...

Whats hard with the DDRMAX2 machine? (i know nothing about it)
You will be baked

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:15 pm

The sheer amount of play required to unlock DDRMAX2 and PIU: Zero is astonishing. It takes about 700 points to get a single unlock on DDRMAX2 AC, and a single 3-song set is only worth about 5-15 points depending on how well you do. PIU: Zero appears to be similar. Even publicly placed DDRMAX2 machines can take months, and sometimes over a year, to fully unlock via the point system.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:34 pm

0.o Oh... dance master mode is looking a little better now.
You will be baked

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:51 pm

Ah, but would you take it over your own DDR or PIU machine? :wink:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:38 am

MonMotha wrote:Exceed SE sold very, very badly. Almost as badly as beatmania US has been, from what I've been told.
Where are you getting this info from? Not to doubt you, but a lot of just plain made up stats and info circulates about these games. Afterall, every mix of DDR since 5th has supposedly been the last. ;)

I didn't pay that much attention to Exceed SE for the same reason I haven't paid much attention to CS DDR for the past few years. But I know I was party to buying out two Target's worth of beatmania US... :P

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Arka wrote:Ah, but would you take it over your own DDR or PIU machine? :wink:
Do i really need to answer that? :roll:

Speaking of Beatmania US, is it any good at all? (to someone who has never played it before?)
You will be baked

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:01 pm

I'll take that as in "Someone who has never played bm before". Yes, it's very good. Of course, it may be too hard for some people, so you wanna make sure you're gonna get into it before you buy, or else you'll end up like lgolem.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:58 pm

Ho wrote:Where are you getting this info from?
I know I've seen the figure of "less than 2000 copies" for Exceed SE multiple times, and I believe the first time I saw it was from Arturo (the US Pump supporter), but I could be mistaken on that one. You can STILL find it sitting on the shelves at some EB Games/Gamestops (like the one in Terre Haute).

As for how well beatmania US did, that was coming from some random Joe on Pump Haven and could very likely be (read: probably is) wrong. I know that the guy at Target specifically told me that it hadn't sold well, though. When I bought my 2nd copy, he said that it was the last of their original shipment and that they would likely not restock due to poor sales. I don't know how many they got in their original shipment, though.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:12 pm

The first question is tottaly pointless now that lafayette has zero :P

As for the homeversion, i bought mine at our gamestop for $30 for the bundle. And if you look online beatmania is now 40 (or maybe its 50, i cant remember right)

(once again) speaking of cs, im assuming itg cs sold badly now that its not in stores and amazon.com said its discontinued...
You will be baked