PREX3 and Upgrade Kit questions

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

PREX3 and Upgrade Kit questions

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:56 pm

Alright, our new arcade got PREX 3 and now I'm hooked on it. However, I have to ask whoever knows on here these questions.

1. Are there any unlocks and stuff I should look for on PREX3?

2. Where can I get info on possibly getting an Upgrade Kit for the machine to one of the newer versions?

3. Are there guides for maintainence on PIU machines?
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:00 pm

You might as well just cut to the chase and e-mail your questions to MonMotha. :wink:

Though Brian does have a machine in his basement, so I suppose he might have some useful info for you, too.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:34 pm

Most of what you need to know for Prex 3

As far as upgrade kits, call up any Andamiro distributor. Unfortunately, Shaffer is the area distributor for them... You may have better luck going through the Chicago distributors. I know Betson is one, and I believe the other company is American Amusement. An upgrade kit to Zero (including the new hardware that you'll need) will probably run ~$1600.

As far as maintainance, basically the same applies to Pump as DDR. The stages are built nearly identically. Just take them apart and clean them occasionally (and make sure to clean up any spills ASAP!) and they'll work fine.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.