need help with pad alterations

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

need help with pad alterations

Post by lgolem » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:58 pm

I played on one of these today and I have to say they are freaking sweet. http://www.mymybox.com/piumpad1.html They aren't as good as the arcade but they are alot better than the soft pad that is for sure....and I want to get one but I am not yet because of 2 reasons:

1: No Job to bring in money
2: And if I did have money coming in there is something more pressing I am wanting to buy which is the same price as the metal pad

So last night acutally I decided to do this...I decided I would alter my PiU Soft pad.

Here is what I have done so far....

I took my PiU Pad

Took 3 carpet samples

I cut them to the size of the PiU Pad

Put double stick carpet tape on the carpet samples

Taped them to the bottom of the PiU pad

I test played it on carpet sense now it slides on hardwood floors now and I got a nice soft pad and it doesn't hurt my feet or anything.

I still have yet to cut the board...this is 1" thick what used to be a table top....after I cut it to size...I am somewhat in a pickle...

Flakk suggested I should a chair mat (you know the rubberish mat you put on carpet and you put office chair on it) but the kind without spikes so I guess it is a hard wood floor protector and it on top of the pad and staple it to the bottom of the board....the problem is I can't find the thing he suggested.....anyone else have an idea on how I can get the pad secured to the board????

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:44 pm

well it is all secure (has been for a while....just fogot to post back....I used Clear shipping tape....put it on the edges and stacked piece by piece outward the lenght of the board and stuck it under so it is finally secured ^_^