I need a bit of advice

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:48 pm

Oh, come on now. Cannon-D CZ isn't that hard. It's really easy for a 20. WDYRW is quite possibly harder. Heck, do the full version; you'll do just fine...

Until the end.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:56 pm

MonMotha wrote:Cannon-D CZ isn't that hard.
SUFFER.

(Also, Canon.)

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:48 pm

Arka wrote:Yahoo! Pretty nice - I remember seeing you working on it the last time I was there.

Phoenix is right - now try it on Crazy. If you hate yourself.
I played it on Crazy once Broke both of my legs and cried for my mommy
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:03 pm

Arka wrote:Yahoo! Pretty nice - I remember seeing you working on it the last time I was there.
You saw me working on it??? You saw me.....and you aren't blind now???

Yeah, I beat that, and a couple days ago I beat Go on hard which is a 6, tried it again and failed it today, but I am just happy I am getting better at Pump. Next time I go there with alot of money I am going to start working on Love is a Dangerzone 2, it is a 7 but from watching other peeps play it, it looks like an easy 7.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:06 am

Im confused in this department... I can pass cz's like Soca Make yuh Rum Rum and I love you baby... that are 13's and then i cant really pass hards like Mr. Larpus... :?
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:18 am

It is generally accepted that some of the ratings in PIU are just plain wrong. :P

Most people I know have some lower rated song that they just can't pass for some reason and some higher rated song that they can pass but think they shouldn't be able to by the rating number.

This is comfirmed and compounded by the fact that it's not all that uncommon for the rating number to change from one version of the game to the next.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:24 pm

Most of the songs that were re-rated on Zero were done for pretty good reason. There's only a few that I now feel are still fairly wrong (U NM is clearly not a 14, WDYRW should probably be a 19 despite already being bumped from 16 to 18). [Semi-off-topic: would you believe that Dignity CZ was rated 15 on Exceed!?]

The biggest thing I see is that Pump has a large variety of technical challenges, and many players get better at certain things than others, and what things people lead their learning curve on tends to vary by player: speed, turns, drills, scroll reading, jumps, hands, holds, etc.

As an example, Pump Me Amadeus HD is an 8 if you know all the turns because it isn't all that fast, is otherwise easy to read, and has no drills or hands, but if you aren't familiar with all those turns (which you probably aren't at that point), it's easily something that you'd consider a 9 or even 10. I found Winter CZ to be easier than a 14 because I can do two panel drills fairly well, while Hi-Bi took me a lot longer due to having to get all the streams down at speed. I still can't stage break freaking Blazing, despite it only being a 15.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:53 pm

MonMotha wrote: [Semi-off-topic: would you believe that Dignity CZ was rated 15 on Exceed!?]
Hmm... They caught it fast then because in the cs its a 20 (or is it a 21?...)
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:00 am

Exceed SE (the north american console release) came out after Exceed 2 arcade had been out for a while. Almost all the ratings are the Exceed 2 ratings, and I believe that most of the charts that were changed for Exceed 2 are the new charts, as well. Overall, it seems to resemble Exceed 2 more than original Exceed. It even has a few Exceed 2 songs on it.

On original Exceed, Monkey Fingers CZ was rated 17 (with Dignity being 15), though this may have been due to the glitches that made it almost impossible. Or Andamiro could have just been out of their minds...

And Dignity CZ is a 20. The only CZ chart rated >20 is LIADZ2, at 21.
A normality test:
+++ATH

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:54 am

Yeah, I can't touch Pump Me Amadeus HD ( 8 ) or Mr. Larpus HD ( ?? ), but I can easily A Turkey March CZ ( 12 ). Someone needs to teach me those M turns in Pump Me Amadeus, otherwise I'll never get em...
Last edited by danc1005 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:37 pm

Play Fiesta CZ.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.