new to pump

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:50 pm

"Apparently there were quite a few locations with machines (I'd only heard of Chuck E' Cheese's, but I believe there was a Dave and Buster's or two who had the same thing happen) "

Chuck E Cheeses have PUI?....
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:20 pm

PUI? Is that like the same type of game like DRD and IGT?

Why the hell do so many people have problems with that abbreviation? Anyways.

Like Dave and Buster's does, Chuck E Cheese has selective locations for machine. They aren't contracted to be put into every single one and their methods for choosing which locations get them and which don't seem pretty odd in my opinion, but I'm sure there is some reason for the madness.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:54 pm

Jason Dread wrote:PUI? Is that like the same type of game like DRD and IGT?

Why the hell do so many people have problems with that abbreviation? Anyways.

Like Dave and Buster's does, Chuck E Cheese has selective locations for machine. They aren't contracted to be put into every single one and their methods for choosing which locations get them and which don't seem pretty odd in my opinion, but I'm sure there is some reason for the madness.
Come on, it's obviously an eccentric pluralization. See also cacti, boni. :P

I think this conversation is screaming for one of the resident mod artists to make an insanely difficult NM stepchart for Hate...

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:04 am

Arka wrote:I think this conversation is screaming for one of the resident mod artists to make an insanely difficult NM stepchart for Hate...
You know...I may have to sit down I'll Give You All My Love ~Full~ for a few to take it upon myself to give that song what it truly deserves.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:56 am

Jason Dread wrote:
Arka wrote:I think this conversation is screaming for one of the resident mod artists to make an insanely difficult NM stepchart for Hate...
You know...I may have to sit down I'll Give You All My Love ~Full~ for a few to take it upon myself to give that song what it truly deserves.
Hate?

[vengeful-sounding rimshot]

I'll be looking forward to it. Actually, I'll be looking forward to watching you play it, since I probably won't be able to pass it myself. Mind that you make it harder than LIADZ2, now. 8)

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:33 pm

Harder than Liadz2? I was going to make it hard and stupid, but not THAT bad :\

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:06 pm

Exactly how hard is LIADZ2? (I got this abbriviation right! EDIT:or not...)
Last edited by Pheonixguy on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:23 pm

LIADZ2 is hard. Here's a video. There's more on the right side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E3lvGze ... rch=liadz2
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:LIADZ3...(I got this abbriviation right!)
Now you're just being stupid.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:58 pm

Jason Dread wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:LIADZ3...(I got this abbriviation right!)
Now you're just being stupid.
Shhh! You'll give them ideas! :shock:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:14 pm

Wow. Honestly, I'm not impressed AT ALL. Are you kidding me? This is the song that everybody's like ZOMG IT'S HARDZ0RZ? Maybe it just looks easier than it is, but half the stuff on ITG is harder than that...

-Dan

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:11 pm

The only reason ITG is hard is because of all the gimick charts with mines and rolls.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:11 pm

I never asked if it was hard, i asked how hard it was... and i never play pump...

And that looks alot harder than stuff ive seen on ITG...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:19 pm

I think it's a matter of how good the person playing in the video is (I've not seen the video and refuse to install Flash). That song is such that a person who is really, really good at Pump could probably make it look downright easy. It's mostly completely whacked out turns that aren't used often and that are extremely hard to pull off at the speed required for that song, but if you can readily read all those turns and execute them at LIADZ2 speed, it could look much, much simpler than it actually is. Same goes for LIADZ1 CZ.

If you want to see stuff that looks downright hard, find a video of Moonlight CZ/NM, Dignity CZ/NM, Slam CZ/NM, Enter the Dragon NM, Mr. Larpus Another NM, Another Truth Another NM, and Vook Another CZ/NM.

It's been my experience that ITG "hard" songs have lots of jumps in them. This makes them very tiring and can be tough to do at speed, but most ITG and experience DDR players know every turn there is on the game since there aren't very many. Pump has many, many more turns due to the stage layout, some of which aren't used very often (curse you Andamiro). Most Pump charts are hard because of these oddball turns or because of the sheer speed of the song (16ths at 195? yeah...it's got that).

If I had to guess, I'd say that an 11 on ITG is about a 14 on Pump, 12 is roughly 16-17, and 13 is about 18-19. I haven't seen anything on ITG that would make me cry in pain when comparing it to Dignity or LIADZ2. Of course, that's on Singles. I haven't seen enough ITG doubles charts to pass judgement on them, but I know Pump has some almost impossibly hard stuff.

Of course, if you want really hard, go play Raw...by yourself. :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:38 pm

I would understand your argument about the skill of the player, but if you had seen the video, you wouldn't be saying that. All you can really see is the screen...the players are two dark, half-visible blobs on the right of the screen. And I don't even think you can see their feet.

-Dan