new to pump

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:22 pm

The best you can do for Pump at home is a Cobalt Flux or similar. You'll have to remap the keys in some way. The panels are also the wrong size.

The bundle of Exceed SE does come with a pad. It's thin, but remarkably well built and pretty non-slip. I can play up to about a 13 CZ on it with little problem.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:06 am

Would the bundled pad last long term or would i have to do the wrapping thing? (with the platform and everything)

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:21 pm

all i got to say is, pump is ALOT better than DDR. that is all.
Team KIMO represent!

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:11 am

To run with Dyme, I've just always felt a greater sense of accomplishment when you do that one song you've failed multiple times before, or get some really awesome accomplishment out of the blue.

Better than playing 8 footers all day.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:23 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:why would a church have a pump machine....

If supernova had hard songs, wouldnt it have to be new songs? And if its going to have as many ps2 songs as been said, then there wont be too many really hard songs.
'Tis a gimmick, my dear, and one they can use without angering the congregation with "violent" or "immoral" video games. Who can hate good, clean, dancing fun? (Keep in mind, Exceed, to my knowledge, does not have "Ba Bee Loo Bee Ra")

Then again, many people in my church enjoy my arrowstomping love, no matter what the mix.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:38 pm

Exceed and Exceed 2 have Ba Be Loo Be Raa. Other mixes have another song with the same background video.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:38 pm

I dont think i want to know... XD

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:17 pm

Jason Dread wrote:To run with Dyme, I've just always felt a greater sense of accomplishment when you do that one song you've failed multiple times before, or get some really awesome accomplishment out of the blue.

Better than playing 8 footers all day.
yup i totally agree. im moving in like 2 weeks and ill have access to a X2 :)
Team KIMO represent!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:38 am

FLAKK wrote:Exceed and Exceed 2 have Ba Be Loo Be Raa.
I am not gay or anything, you may think I am after this statement, but I assure you I am not, but that song drove me nuts and I couldn't play that song, I beat it once and never played it again, it seems wrong....in someway or another.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:08 am

You may want to play it more once you move into crazies. It has some slow M-runs in it. I find it easier to learn moves if I can do them slow at first.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:14 am

Dignity CZ is also EXCELLENT practice for doing M-runs, albeit at slightly higher speed...

Actually, "Boobie Loobie Ra" does have some oddball turns in it that's good to practice on, as does Go CZ (if you can handle the holds and hands).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:20 am

Yes, both of those have some quite fun steps in them.

Oh, and concerning the boobie loob song, the background really doesn't bother me, expecially when playihg the song, as I've learned to ignore the cackgrounds for the most part while playing. Granted, it's probably not the best song to play if there's a troup of cubscouts watching, but most people don't seem too offended by it.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:55 pm

Ahh yes, fond memories of the boobie song...

Ba Be Loo Be Ra was introduced in X1 and stayed through X2, but has since been kicked out of Zero. Apparently there were quite a few locations with machines (I'd only heard of Chuck E' Cheese's, but I believe there was a Dave and Buster's or two who had the same thing happen) where parents found the background videos morally insensitive, because their child never grew up sucking a breast for sustenance, nor will they ever see one in 4th grade Health/Human Sciences classes.

The song was fun and well pretty well-recieved, but due to those afore-mentioned complaints, Andamiro axed it from Zero, the same way they killed off Lovething, Can You Feel Dis or Dat, Burnin' Krypt, Let's Get the Party Started (the only one of these songs that needed to go), and You Don't Wanna Runup from X2 when it came out. Apparently Andamiro DOES listen to criticism like that, albeit very selectively.

Selectively as in - "Why in the FUCK is Hate still around? It has to be the worst song made since its' debut on 2nd Mix." Yet the song still exists. If they're going keep that piece of crap, at least attach a level 21 Nightmare to it. I still won't play it, but at least it won't make me want to punch some Andamiro exec in the throat each time I scroll over it on the song wheel...as much.

And while I'm bored, a little history on the Ba Be Loo Be Ra background video. You can look closely at the video and notice that's it is pretty archaic in design, that's because it was a recycled video of a song that never got put in either Extra Mix or Premiere Brazil (I believe Premiere, though). Also, this BG vid for the Boobie song has also been...politically corrected, if you will. The original video did not have a skirt on the girl dancing at all, it was merely a thong.

You can see that difference if you watch the BG vid. Whenever there is a shot of her waist and up, you'll plainly notice that she has no skirt whatsoever from the waist down; what she wears is practically the equivalent of several postage stamps tied together with dental floss. But whenever there is a wasit-down shot in the video, you'll see that skirt clear as day.

Imagine the backlash if they would have just KEPT the thong on the dancing girl, rather than refitting her with a skirt.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:18 pm

Next thing you know, they'll have scantily clad nurses riding on syringes... *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

In the meantime, I'd just like to share in your hate of Hate. I also can do without ever hearing all the atonal screaming of that so-called "song" again.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:36 am

Ho wrote:In the meantime, I'd just like to share in your hate of Hate. I also can do without ever hearing all the atonal screaming of that so-called "song" again.
When I first started playing Pump it Up, my girlfriend kept selecting that song sense it was a lvl 1, and she wouldn't let me go onto the next song, until I beat it with an A, so I got REALLY sick of hearing that song. I beat it with and A and told her I would NEVER play that song again. And then she moved me up to Hot, which is annoying but not THAT annoying. Then the tourney came up and I bought the home edition, and I will NEVER play Hate on it.