Fansongs/Simfiles

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Fansongs/Simfiles

Post by MonMotha » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:24 pm

Alright, I've got it done so I've got to post it somewhere. I made a Pump stepchart (actually 3 of them, all the singles difficulties) for Starmine Pop'n Mixxx: it's the Pump'n Mixxx...get it? hah..hah...hah...nobody's laughing? Boo...

I liked this mix better than the IIDX mix and decided that it could have some pretty neat steps, so here they are.

Anyway, the normal steps are pretty darn simple. They shouldn't have all the wacky tempo changes in there, but the silly StepMania file format won't let you do different tempos in different difficulties and the slowdows certainly should be there for the other difficulties, as well as the quick speedup. I rated them a 2, but I'd be willing to MAYBE entertain the possibility of a 3 simply due to the tempo (174BPM).

Hard is a turn challenge chart similar to Pump Me Amadeus. Everything in there is turnable if you know how, but things are slow enough that missing a turn and brute forcing something shouldn't kill you. The stream in the instrumental section of this has got to be one of the most fun things I've ever seen in Pump. It's "turny goodness" *evil snicker grin for the Louisville people* It gets an 8 due to the turn technicality, but it won't leave you out of breath.

The Crazy steps are not to be laughed at. They have a few crossovers that Andamiro seems to use rather infrequently that may confuse new Crazy players, and it is quite a stamina drainer. I'd rate it a 16. Despite the challenge aspect, it's still pretty darn fun if you can do it.

Grab the simfiles for stepmania and have fun. Don't worry, WinZIP and WinRAR can both handle that archive. If anyone wants KSFs for Kick It Up or STX files for use with the PC home versions of Pump, I can try to convert them for you. Just ask.

Oh, and an awesome chart for Spin the Disc is also in the works. Give me a little while.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:18 pm

Damn you. Now I have to clean up the floor in my room and reverse the arcade mod on my flux...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Re: Fansongs/Simfiles

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:37 am

MonMotha wrote:
Oh, and an awesome chart for Spin the Disc is also in the works. Give me a little while.
I'm assuming this chart will include spins... :wink:

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:03 am

You damn well bet it will, definitely on hard (in fact, the hard chart is done, just working on CZ - it probably won't have normal/practice). I'm trying to work some reasonable spins into the CZ chart without making it overly hard.

I'm trying to keep the CZ down to an 11-12 on that one. I actually ended up making Starmine a bit harder than I had originally intended, and not in a way I had thought even when making it, either. It of course starts out fairly easy (maybe an 11) and gets harder, especially when it gets to the instrumental section. That turned out to be much harder than the end since the end is mostly simple drills, and that's good as the intstrumental section sounds fairly chaotic. I originaly had a REALLY nasty death run in the end (I'm tempted to make an Another chart using it) that I took out beacuse it was WAAAY too hard (it was something you'd expect to see in an 18-19), but with that gone it turned out slightly harder than anticipated (originally was shooting for a 14) but still reasonable.

I've actually played the Starmine CZ and Spin the Disc HD steps on a machine. That experience caused me to tone them both down just a bit (Spin the Disc HD is now about a 9 and Starmine CZ is a 16, before it would have been like 10-11 and 17-18), though Starmine was also glitching on the holds since the Exceed 2 engine doesn't like 96th notes at 174BPM (I got a D with 150+ misses...over 1000 total "steps" counted) :) If I can pass it with glitches like that and a bunch of excessive hands, it can't be TOO bad...

I'm also hoping to get some doubles charts made, but I need to get better at nightmare first.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

trythil
Standard
Standard

Post by trythil » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:56 am

The Crazy steps are not to be laughed at. They have a few crossovers that Andamiro seems to use rather infrequently that may confuse new Crazy players
and also, it seems, some odd handplants :P

One thing that I meant to mention when you were sending early versions of these stepfiles to me: If you don't already have background ideas in place for starmine (or, for that matter, the Susumu Hirasawa project), if I ever have time I think it'd be fun to try making something up.

holy crap, I'm actually posting here

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:14 am

Is this the same Spin The Disc I played at Ho's house?
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:23 am

Yeah, though I don't know what version you played. I may have made a couple changes to make it a bit cleaner since then. I know it originally turned out much harder than I anticipated (I was originnally thinking a 7!).

And to trythil, I was going to probably use the IIDX backgrounds or something for Spin the Disc and Starmine, but I have a project that you may be interested in :)
A normality test:
+++ATH

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:34 am

When I tried, it felt like a Turkeyslam 7.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:33 pm

I also have 6 simfiles currently hosted at PumpHaven, with 6 more going up as soon as Turkeyslam gets off his ass and puts up the files that I gave to him:

http://www.ph-online.net/html/ph_kiusm_ ... dread.html

For those who are lazy:

Series 1
Cross Time
Vivaldi In Hiphop
James Brown is Dead
Radical Faith Another
Soul Man

Series 2 (Coming Soon)
Drum and Bass
Maximizer (Not the DDR one)
Summertime
Children
Take the Subway
Save the Floor

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 pm

Ok, I've now played Starmine on normal and hard (and turned off fail and watched the crazy steps fly by).

First thing I noticed: The Flux really is a crappy pump pad. Oh well, that's to be expected. :roll:

As for the steps, I quite enjoyed them. The normal steps were nice and easy, though still fun to step along to. The hard steps were definately filled with "turney goodness" *insert Jason Dread's thumbs up/smile here*. Some of the turns messed me up a bit, but part of that was the pad, which was really nasty when it came to turns. The spin was nice too.

I didn't even bother attempting the crazy steps. If it were on an actual Pump machine, and I had a bar to hold onto, I would have attempted them, but from what I saw, I highly doubt I'd do too well on them anyway.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Yeah, the Flux pad isn't the best for PIU, but it is playable at least. I'll give these files a show here in a few.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:00 pm

I have now completed my steps (at least singles only) for Spin the Disc.

For those of you who have played my old "Hard" steps (with all the crazy turns and freezes), those are now Crazy and are in the stepmania file under the Hard/Heavy/Maniac difficulty. There is an "Another Crazy" that is under the Challenge/Maniac2 slot, and is rather silly at times. I'm not sure how to rate the Another CZ at all. It does resemble what you might find on an Another chart, and may explain why Andamiro just gave up trying to rate them all :)

There is also a Hard chart in the Medium/Standard/Trick slot. Those of you who have played Spin the Disc HV on DDR will probably recognize it...a LOT.

And for those wondering: yes, the final 16th note run on the Another CZ can be turned reasonably and without facing away from the machine for any more than a temporary quick spin. How do to so is left as an exercise to the player.
A normality test:
+++ATH

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:08 am

I'm curious if anybody has looked at the chart for Spin the Disc. It's so...different...that I kinda want to know what people thing of it, espectially Another CZ.
A normality test:
+++ATH

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:45 pm

I really like those steps for Starmine. Also, I can't seem to get the song out of my head.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:12 am

In case you didn't get to play it enough on IIDX 9th Style, you can now play Bad Boy Bass! one more time on Pump it Up. Only CZ steps for now (and they're rather difficult - probably 16 if Starmine is a 15), but they're pretty good. Think Go crossed with IGYAML crossed with My Way (yeah...ouch).

It gets the Jason Dread seal of approval.

These are still subject to change before I do a real "release" of the stepcharts after I get other difficulties done, so feel free to comment: your feedback may change things.

EDIT: Removed stale link, see this post for updated information.
Last edited by MonMotha on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A normality test:
+++ATH