ZERO!!! WOOOO!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:17 am

I agree. I also like a little slip to the stage. But I've had too many occasions where a stage sitting directly on a concrete floor was more like a skating rink than a dancing stage. That is entirely too much slip!

As for the stage staying in place, carpet does seem to help with that, too...assuming the carpet itself is relatively secured to the floor. Best advice: just make sure that all the stage feet are set and that the wheels are no longer in contact with the floor. Do that and you should be fine.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Just called Brady. They can have the machine at my house in under 2 weeks.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I can't wait for it to get here.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:42 pm

Ho wrote:I also recommend carpet underneath the stage and around the machine. It helps to catch some of the dust and dirt that's going to get tracked in and float around no matter what. Better off in the carpet (at least some of it) than on the stage. If you've ever played on a machine that was sitting on a bare concrete or tile floor, you know exactly what I mean.
Remember what happened at the B-town tourny....the stage slid all over, it was cause of the tile in the center court, in the arcade there is carpet and it barely slides at all.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:05 pm

The floor is linoleum in the basement. It shouldn't be too much of a problem with the wheels raised off the floor.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:19 pm

Linoleum is relatively soft. The feet will likely leave "footprints" in it over time. Not a real problem for slippage, but it could be a problem if you care about damaging the floor.

You might be able to try those little cup thingies (yes, that's the technical term) that you put under couches and tables when you want to protect the floor underneath. But I don't know how well those would grip and if they'd really have much effect given how heavy the stage is--and what you do with it.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Protecting the floor isn't a huge concern. I have a bunch of extra tiles that I could use if the floor got too bad. One thing I thought of was to place a piece of plywood under the pads. That was when I was going to place it in my room. I didn't want the ceramic tile to crack.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:41 pm

Well, if they're individual tiles then it probably doesn't matter. I was thinking of a rolled floor. Those are a little harder to repair if you damage them.

At any rate, I hope everything goes well. You must post "Christmas morning" pictures of you tearing into the box and stuff. ;)

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:27 pm

I will definitely do that. Pictures are a must, especially the ones of us trying to get it through the hallway and turning the tight corner or the ones of us taking it down some stairs. Those will be some good times.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:35 pm

I've done it enough times now that I don't know if I would still describe it as "good times." ;) Though it does always seem to make for a good story.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Update: It should be here by the middle of next week.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Wed May 03, 2006 9:46 am

And it still ain't there yet is it? You should probably expect it Today or Tommarow. I guess I should start saving up for a Machine too. It would be great. In 6 months I have probably paid off half that machine, lol
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed May 03, 2006 10:53 am

A reality check for people who think they'll save money by buying a machine: you won't. Even if you stop playing public machines entirely, it takes an awful lot of play to equal the cost of a machine, even if you get a deal on it.

The biggest reason to buy a machine isn't to play yourself, it's to use as a gathering tool to play with others. Well, that and it's a lot easier to modify your own machine as you see fit :)

Oh, and it's freaking cool...

But a financial "deal" it is not.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed May 03, 2006 1:17 pm

I got mine because I've wanted one for a long time. And it being the first Zero in Louisville is cool too.
Brady wrote: Chris,

Thanks for your patience. I heard back from Andamiro and the Pump It Up shipped out of California on 4/25/06 via Watkins Trucking. The tracking number is Pro #xxx-xxxxxx. You can track it using the Pro # at http://www.watkins.com.
It is well on it's way. :D

The machine is sceduled to arrive tomorrow at 11AM-1PM.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed May 03, 2006 10:43 pm

Now I will have to drive down there with Me Christina and Danny and Veronica and we will all play pump, just like how all you guys came up to play pump here ;).

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Wed May 03, 2006 11:43 pm

FLAKK wrote:The machine is sceduled to arrive tomorrow at 11AM-1PM.
*Ahem*

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!