Exceed 2 Scoring

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Exceed 2 Scoring

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:02 pm

I don't normally cross post things, but I figure there are a lot of people here interested in this. Previously, the way the scoring system on x2 worked was something of a mystery. Clearly, hitting notes increased your score, and missing them decreased it. It also seemed to be combo based. Here's exactly how it works, assuming there's nothing going on behind the script that I read it from in the game:

Each step has a base point value depending on the judgement:
PERFECT = 1000
GREAT = 500
GOOD = 100
BAD = -900
MISS (tap note) = -1500
MISS (hold note) = -300

Then, add the following bonus based on your combo:
4-99: 1000
100-199: 1300
200-299: 1500
300-399: 1700
400-499: 1900
500: 100000
501+: 2100

Then, if the note is a handplant, multiply by 3 if there are three panels, or 4 if there are 4 or more panels.

Yes, this means that if you do it right, you can get 404000 points for your 500th step in a combo (time it so you get a 4 or more panel plant and get a perfect).

Finally, if playing on Nightmare, add 1M points to the final score.

This was also posted to Pump Haven.
You may now thank me for taking all the fun out of score based tournaments :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:39 pm

Wow, great job figuring that out! :D :D :D

Can you tell me how the letter grading system works as well? I have rarely if ever made it through an entire song without getting at least an 'A', but I do know it's possible to score lower than that.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:47 pm

It's based on a point system, like DDR's. I'm not sure if the points are score points (described above) or something like DDR's dance point system. The grade is then based on the percentage of the points you got. IIRC, it's something like the 90-80-70-60 system commonly used at schools, but I think F may be <50% or something like that. I believe that info is on the official PIU site or something like that (it's http://www.piugame.com, if you can stand their horrible web design).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:29 pm

malictus wrote:Wow, great job figuring that out! :D :D :D

Can you tell me how the letter grading system works as well? I have rarely if ever made it through an entire song without getting at least an 'A', but I do know it's possible to score lower than that.
I got A on every song and one B :( but it was my first day.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.