Easiest nightmare songs?

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Easiest nightmare songs?

Post by malictus » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:08 pm

What are the easier Nightmare mode songs on Exceed 2? I can pass most Freestyle mode songs but those 12-14 level Nightmare songs just leave me in the dust :shock:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:36 pm

XiBom Bombom (Pop channel) is rated a 9 and is a pretty accessible Nightmare song. It's mostly low-tempo eighth note steps--sorta like Make Your Move Double Maniac on DDR.

A lot of the low-tempo Nightmare songs on K-Pop channel are relatively easy as well. Try We Don't Stop (10), Love song (11), One Love (11). If you can do Valenti on Crazy, the rhythm for the steps on Nightmare (11) is essentially the same. As I Told You (12) isn't too terribly difficult and has a bunch of freeze arrows in it that can inflate your score in a big way.

U is a VERY OVER-RATED 14. Brandon and I would argue that it may be as easy or easier than XiBom Bombom. Fiesta (Pop channel) is a very UNDER-RATED 10. I'll easily pass all the other songs I've mentioned in this post, but I'll still occasionally fail Fiesta. :P

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:20 pm

As I Told You can kill your bar if you don't get the patterns and freezes right, I wouldn't recommend that song as a starting song. We Don't Stop also has a few tricky parts. Typhoon is about AS difficult, it has short quick runs and series of jumps, but nothing crazy.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:30 pm

As I Told You wasn't necessarily a suggestion as a Nightmare starter so much as it was a suggestion of a song that is very easy to score really high on when compared to other songs that require the same amount of effort.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:21 pm

U... HARDEST 14. EVER. :lol: :lol:

As far as the rest, I find Hot, Rap Act 3, and Love Song to be easy without the bar after you get used to the between-pad crosses. Deja Vu is just a half-double, so it's on that list too.
Fiesta (Pop channel) is a very UNDER-RATED 10. I'll easily pass all the other songs I've mentioned in this post, but I'll still occasionally fail Fiesta. Razz
Fiesta was rated harder in Exceed 1. I found that rating to be accurate. It's now like an 8 on crazy and a 10 on nightmare yet the steps were never altered. It's still not TOO bad, although I still needed the bar when I played it last.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:28 pm

Hot has some OMGWTF hands in it that are difficult to read if you're only used to playing a single side since they cross the center of the stage, otherwise it isn't that bad. These to make it rather crazy fun if you can do them though.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:29 am

Ho: I know, I only brought it up since you mentioned it, and I don't recommend that song as a Nightmare starter. If one wants to score, yeah, but obviously that comes after one gets the hang of NM mode first.

Deja Vu is also tricky if you're not good with triplets. Just because it's mostly a half-double song doesn't mean it's not hard. It's also kinda tiring.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:47 am

Deja Vu was one of my first Nightmares to try/pass. I played it at D&B when Exceed2 first came out. I found it easy and very fun. But then again, this is coming from someone with 2+ years of Heavy DDR doubles under their belt, so I guess i had more experience than the average beginning Nightmare player.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:04 am

FLAKK wrote:But then again, this is coming from someone with 2+ years of Heavy DDR doubles under their belt, so I guess i had more experience than the average beginning Nightmare player.
That's interesting. I had been playing DDR doubles even longer than that and I found the transition from DDR doubles to Pump doubles more difficult than DDR singles to Pump singles. It took me longer to quit stepping where the DDR arrows would be as I traveled from one side of the stage to the other than it did when I was confined to a single side.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:41 am

FLAKK wrote:Fiesta was rated harder in Exceed 1. I found that rating to be accurate. It's now like an 8 on crazy and a 10 on nightmare yet the steps were never altered. It's still not TOO bad, although I still needed the bar when I played it last.
So playing doubles using the bar is possible on Pump?? I always use the bar on the 10-foot double DDR songs, but I didn't know if it would be possible to use the bar on Pump Doubles, since those outer arrows are even farther away...

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:40 pm

malictus wrote:So playing doubles using the bar is possible on Pump?? I always use the bar on the 10-foot double DDR songs, but I didn't know if it would be possible to use the bar on Pump Doubles, since those outer arrows are even farther away...
while the arrows are a bit farther away, the buttons are larger. you do have to move a bit more than on DDR doubles. also, a song that helped me on the transition was La Cubanita on Freestyle (it has some basic crosses in it). start out on freestyle then work your way up from there. i'd say that once you can do a freestyle like X-treme or Pump Me Amadaus (two of the harder freestyles), start on some the nightmares...unless your machine has stage break off. then i'd say to just jump right in to some of the easy nightmares posted here.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:14 am

I passed Xi Bom Bom Nightmare yesterday (with an A); once I got the rhythms right it wasn't too bad except the very last 5 notes :shock:

Thanks for the tips everyone...