Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

WTB: DDR/ITG Cabinet

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm looking for a DDR or ITG cabinet. I'd prefer if it's relatively close so I could pick it up myself rather than ship it.

Currently, I don't want to spend much more than $500 but this could change over the summer.

I'd prefer a 573 over everything but a Bemani PC (which won't happen unless I'm willing to spend A LOT and can actually get access to one that's not in a US X/X2 cab). I'd like to be able to change mixes, but I assume I could dual boot working on a BemaniPC assuming there's an extra HDD port in there.

Not sure whether I'd prefer Python 2 or BoXoR. On one hand, official DDR hardware. On the other, I get to play ITG finally and I can put SM on it.

This listing seems intriguing, but it's local pickup only. I assume I could still get it shipped but I'd have to handle all of the arrangements. I checked (and I probably did it wrong) and it would cost around $5k to ship it here. Also, there's no monitor (but there's a cathode ray tube monitor tube!) and the machine likely needs work at this point.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: WTB: DDR/ITG Cabinet

Post by Riot » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Not sure you will get very far at $500, but good luck! Will let you know if I see anything on eBay. I'm also in a DDR owner FB group and will keep my eyes out for people selling.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:21 pm

If you're getting shipping quotes at $5k, you're doing something wrong. You can have one of these things moved cross-country e.g. from California (where a lot of them start out) for more like $700 including "white glove" inside delivery, lift gate service, no need for palletization, etc. I've heard of people having it done no-frills by a reverse auction type system for under $400.

As to a cabinet, while they do show up for $500 these days, they're usually in extremely poor condition at that price. The sellers aren't (usually) dumb when they're listing them that cheap. Expect to dump another $500 easy into one that cheap just to make it really playable and of course hours of your time, but the latter is almost a given.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 am

I believe my machine cost like $500 to ship from the east coast to Indiana for reference. Had to use a big shipping truck which was awkward in the neighborhood with the elementary school buses releasing from right around the corner haha. Jammed up the streets pretty good.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Will just post stuff I run across here just in case.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/vgm/4999455123.html

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/487629124643497/

Pretty good Facebook group for this sort of thing. Not sure if this link was posted already.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Already a member of that group, but thanks. And thanks for the CL link.

Found one on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANCE-DANCE-REV ... b#shpCntId

Probably past repair at this point though, and the reserve's probably something dumb like $1k.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:46 am

Not sure why the auction says two parts are missing. It looks like just the 573 is gone. You can get those separately (though you will likely pay $500+ for it). That cabinet looks absolutely filthy, but it's really hard to tell how well it might work just from pictures.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:53 am

Yeah that machine on eBay looks like a real lemon. Who knows what's actually missing in that machine and who knows if there isn't something horribly broken or if the wiring is all jacked up and whatnot. If you can get that machine for a hundo + shipping (which will conservatively be about $500) then I suppose it's worth the risk since any sort of significant repairs (buying a new 573, new monitor, full set of new sensors) is going to run about $1,000. If there's a wiring problem (like something got cut and removed) though that's going to be a real bitch to repair and I couldn't estimate the amount of time and effort it would take to fix especially if you can't do wiring yourself.

Realistically I would budget about $2,000 for a working (not necessarily "playable") machine, that seems to be the going rate for most people after shipping. From my experience I dumped about $2,400 total on my machine since I wanted new sensors. If I wanted to throw a minimaid in it then that's going to be about another $500 if I buy a minimaid and build a little computer from scratch.

zero7171
Beginner
Beginner

Post by zero7171 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:49 am

My loss is your gain! I am moving and my fiance is forcing me to sell my In The Groove arcade game. This is an upgraded Dance Dance Revolution Machine that was originally in the Jillian's arcade in Indianapolis. It is currently non operational as it needs a new I/O board. It has been sitting in a storage locker for more than a year in Columbus, Indiana. When it was put in storage the machine powered up, but was unable to get past I/O error. I am selling it in "as-is" condition and will not have the availability to power it up. You must figure out how to load and transport it.

$400 in "as is" condition
Attachments
imagejpeg_0886t.jpg
imagejpeg_0886t.jpg (215.98 KiB) Viewed 15830 times

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Do you have any idea what type of machine it is, Korean, Japanese, or US?

If you don't know how to check (not saying you don't, but just in case), look at the operator controls.

I presume that it's ITG1 by the decals?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm

That's a Japanese cabinet.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon May 04, 2015 7:44 am

I am very interested. The main question would be getting a replacement I/O board. Also, I plan on yanking ITG from it and replacing it with something else.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon May 04, 2015 8:22 am

Assuming there isn't anything else horribly wrong with it a replacement I/O board is what, $100? If you have to replace the board for each pad then you can probably get this shit up and running again for less than $250.

That's also assuming you can actually find an I/O board somewhere. A cursory search of eBay isn't giving me any results for the part you'd need.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 04, 2015 8:54 am

You're assuming he means the stage I/O boards. I'm not really clear if that is the case though. If it is, I've never seen those boards sell for < $400 each.