Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The "I'm going to be a dad!" sale

Post by Ho » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 am

Merk wrote:Anyway, didn't the Dreamcast have no region encoding or some crap? Couldn't you feasibly import a game and just play it?
Effectively, yes, but not exactly. Unlike most consoles, the Dreamcast would happily run a burned disc and there was a widely available boot disc you could just download and burn that would pretty much let you play whatever you wanted (out of region games, copies, homebrew, etc.).

For the record, I actually imported my DDR 2nd Mix Dreamcast Edition. As I recall, it cost a bundle, too. I think it was something like $65 plus $80 each for two pads. So after shipping the whole purchase was in the $225-250 range. I still have it all. Maybe I should get it out and play! :P

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:12 pm

!!!CONUNDRUM!!!

Newegg is having a 24 sale on shit that I want to upgrade my computer with. My machine is getting about five years old now and is showing its age.

But at the same time I could save money on a Pop'n controller if I buy it this weekend.

I cannot do both. Help me choose what to do.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Computer shit goes on sale all the time, Ransais do not! :o
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:Computer shit goes on sale all the time, Ransais do not! :o
Understanding that I have a personal investment in this matter, I still must say this is true. Computer parts DO go on sale ALL the time.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:49 pm

I'd be interested, but I don't think I play Pop'n enough to justify what you're asking (which is more than a fair price.)

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Merk wrote:!!!CONUNDRUM!!!

Newegg is having a 24 sale on shit that I want to upgrade my computer with. My machine is getting about five years old now and is showing its age.

But at the same time I could save money on a Pop'n controller if I buy it this weekend.

I cannot do both. Help me choose what to do.
Except Pop'n would be fun for like 2 days and then you have to go back to your poopy PC and get .5 fps in Starcraft 2.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Yes I am very conflicted here.

I owe Riot money for letting him house me during a desperate time in my life.

I want to play Starcraft II at decent settings with a smooth FPS.

I'd like to get back into music games and maybe play a new game. I'd like to play Drum Mania but the controller is so. fucking. expensive. thus, Pop'n is the cheapest new game I could play.

I only make so much money (although it is baller cash). Yes I could probably do all three if I don't feel like not being able to go to the grocery for two weeks or not taking the ol' girlfriend to dinner.

There are many pros and cons to each decision. I am confliiicted. Vidja gaaaaames

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:59 pm

I say do them in the order you listed =D

You play with Pop'n like once every few days maybe, or even for a few hours a day if you get obsessed, but you're on computer all the time and you gotta think between Starcraft 2 and Pop'n, plus whatever other PC games you wanna play. But, you also gotta remember, it's not a good idea to upgrade part by part on your current PC, you pretty much need to build from the ground up imo

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Well, I'm a motivated seller. Honestly, the only reason I'm selling my controller is because I'm upgrading to the arcade machine. I'm doing a work trade with Brian Ho for his Animelo Style cabinet and I'm VERY excited to be getting it. Pop'n is a fantastic game but it's not a 2 player game so I have no need for the controller anymore. I've played many a round on it and it's time to pass it along to the next person.

Recently I upgraded the switches to Omron which is the switches in the arcade machine (a $20 value) which I am not including in the price of the controller.

The only game I really like more now a days other than Pop'n is Drummania which I own the arcade of that as well.

If I could be frank, I believe that WhiteDragon is the voice of enthusiasm, Fluffyumpkins is a voice of a form of reason (cost vs. enjoyment in his own mind) and Riot has always been the voice of conflict in almost any situation.

What you have to decide is the cost vs. enjoyment for yourself. Do you think you'd get $200 worth of enjoyment out of the controller playing the game, and if not, do you think you'd be able to resell the controller once you are done with it? The way I have priced it in the right situation you could practically make a profit on the controller later on if you decided to resell it. I'm taking care of delivering it to you so you save on spending that.

So, that's just what you need to think about. ^_^

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Not the voice of conflict, voice of "not blowing $200 on a controller he'd play on for about a week like his drummania controller" and using it on something that does more than just playing one game.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Riot wrote:Not the voice of conflict, voice of "not blowing $200 on a controller he'd play on for about a week like his drummania controller" and using it on something that does more than just playing one game.

Was it a DTX drummania controller? If it was a konami drummania controller then that was his problem right there. The thing is almost impossible to play on where as the Ransai is built to arcade spec unlike its konami home controller counterpart.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 pm

You'd think Merk would buy a fancy pants IIDX controller first.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:You'd think Merk would buy a fancy pants IIDX controller first.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 pm

ha ha, well if I ever get a IIDX arcade I may be looking to sell my own. = P

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Yep, it was a Konami DM controller. Never again.

I just wanted to play the game really bad and there was literally no alternative outside of finding a willing person to let me bum a ride off of to go to Westside in Avon when they still had a Drummania 6th mix.

That only happened once. And it was because we were in the area helping V's mom move somewhere.

I did not mean to cause so much conflict :oops:

I am a big fan of US Beatmania controller, probably much more so than an arcade style controller. I've played so much at home that the turntable spacing at the arcade is awkward - I do much worse on the arcade cabinet. MAYBE THAT'S WHY I CAN'T WIN BEATMANIA TOURNAMENTS