Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

FS: Hauppage PVR-150 TV Tuner/Encoder [Ft. Wayne]

Post by MonMotha » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:23 am

I have a Hauppage PVR-150 TV tuner w/ MPEG2 encoder (yes, another one) that I'd like to sell. Works 100%. Now, this has an analog tuner, so it's only useful on analog cable systems or as a capture card for e.g. satellite set-top boxes after the Digital TV OTA transition (whenever that actually happens). However, I'm guessing many (or probably most) of you have cable or similar, so this can be useful for you! The image quality on these is probably the best I've seen on any analog PC tuner card, and it even encodes to MPEG2 in hardware, so you can use it for a DVR system with no processor overhead.

This card works great in Linux with the IVTV drivers, but it also of course has Windows drivers. Works with WinXP Media Center (MCE) and Vista as well as MythTV in Linux. I have all the accessories, including an unopened IR blaster, and I even have the original box with original shrink wrap (wrap is torn, of course). This is not the MCE version; it is the full retail boxed version. Bare cards seem to be going on eBay for $30-40 + shipping, so I'll ask $35, and I'll do my best to get it to you without requiring shipping. If you want it shipped, I'll charge actual shipping via your method of choice. I'm in Fort Wayne, but I'm frequently in other areas of the state including Indy and Bloomington.

I also have an old WinTV Go. It's a BT878 based device. This one does not have hardware encoding, and the image quality isnt as good, but it does work fine and is well supported by most OSes and programs. Also works 100%. I do not happen to have the accessories or box handy, but I may be able to find them. If you're interested, I'll let it go cheap to a good home (like $10 or even less with the PVR-150 above). Please let me know if you are interested.

Pictures are attached for your oogling pleasure.

I can take Paypal if it's a bank transfer (no CC, please), USPS money order by mail, or cash on the spot.

I also have an old Digimax S350 digital camera, and a Motorola SB5100 cable modem for sale. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post pictures and info. Both items have all accessories and original box.
Attachments
wintvgo-card.jpg
wintvgo-card.jpg (99.05 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
pvr150-stuff.jpg
pvr150-stuff.jpg (65.74 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
pvr150-card.jpg
pvr150-card.jpg (99.3 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Re: FS: Hauppage PVR-150 TV Tuner/Encoder [Ft. Wayne]

Post by seveneleven » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:34 am

K with the PVR-150 can i use my PS2 with an RF adapter? or is that a negatory?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: FS: Hauppage PVR-150 TV Tuner/Encoder [Ft. Wayne]

Post by MonMotha » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:50 pm

seveneleven wrote:K with the PVR-150 can i use my PS2 with an RF adapter? or is that a negatory?
You can. It also has composite and S-Video inputs. What are you wanting to do with this? It's meant for DVR use, so there's usually a little lag between the input signal and the encoded output. It may support overlay mode, too; I don't know (I never used it that way). It would be great for recording yourself playing your PS2, but isn't probably the right device if you just want to display your PS2 on your PC monitor.

I know the WinTV Go supports overlay (and has a composite input as well as an RF tuner).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.