Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

Optix
Light
Light

WTB: IIDX HappySky

Post by Optix » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:36 pm

Anyone have a HS they are willing to sell?
I don't need the controller, just the game.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:22 pm

I have Happy Sky and just letting you know it is REALLLLLY fucking hard, I would suggest unless you can do hard stuff like heavy and anothers (and not on the american version, the american version is the easiest and is no where near the difficulty of the japanese one) you should get Red...Red has entry level and hard stuff and is not as difficult, and you have a better chance of finding Red since Happy Sky has not been out that long, if you really want HS the best way to get it would be here....
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8g- ... -1m4z.html

Optix
Light
Light

Post by Optix » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:56 pm

Alright Thanks. Yeah, I'm still on 3's kinda 4's (BMUS style) lol. Maybe I'll stick with red.
Yeah, I saw that, but is it really $64 just for the game?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:17 pm

Optix wrote:Alright Thanks. Yeah, I'm still on 3's kinda 4's (BMUS style) lol. Maybe I'll stick with red.
Yeah, I saw that, but is it really $64 just for the game?
Yes it is.

And you need a JPS2, modded PS2 or swap magic for it to run.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:22 pm

I should point out that these games simply are not cheap. That's what they cost on the shelf of a retail store in Japan, so you're not getting hit with a huge markup by the importer or anything like that. If you wait a little while, sometimes they'll knock about $10 off the price, but don't wait too long or they'll be out of them entirely.

Some older titles have started showing up under a "Konami the Best" label. pop'n 8, 9, and I think 10 are available this way. It's the same game, but with a slightly different jacket cover (flippable to the original, but with the new Konami logo) and the price is just 2940 yen (proudly displayed on the spline). The importers do usually offer these at comparable prices (usually around a 100 yen per dollar exchange rate). I'm not sure if any of the IIDX titles are available under this scheme or not.

Check play-asia and yesasia for stuff. If you want an older title that isn't available anymore, Toys and Joys in Hawaii has been known to locate used copies of all sorts of things, but be prepared to pay almost new prices for these used copies.

In general, Bemani is expensive :)

As far as recommended versions, if you're playing 3s and 4s on BMUS, I'd stick with 10th or RED (and possibly 8th as well). Happy Sky is downright hard most of the time, and 9th style has a bunch of BS on it, too. I'm also fond of 6th Style, which I think is now out of print.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:26 am

A bit of an update on available games for IIDX. 7th Style recently went out of print so if you see one for sale online try to snatch it while you can. As for versions to get, like other people here I advise against getting Happy Sky as it's not a good starter game.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 am

Happy Sky does at least have Beginner's Mode. That right there is easier than how I started (3rd Style).

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:05 am

Ho wrote:Happy Sky does at least have Beginner's Mode. That right there is easier than how I started (3rd Style).
Yeah, I didn't even try that out at all, today Kara went though it and Happy Sky has the largest Beginner's Mode song list. And it seems like that the majority of the ones that appeared in Beatmania US are the same charts that are on the US version, but still it seems that even though the regular song list on arcade and free mode are a lot harder there is larger list of beginner mode songs, even more difficuties than just 1s.