Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

WTS: PVR-150 TV Card/MPEG2 Encoder

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:17 am

I have a Hauppage PVR-150 PCI TV Card that I would like to get to somebody who can make better use of it. This is a hardware MPEG2 encoder device, so you can record with virtually zero CPU usage (decoding for playback is software but requires only a system which can play a DVD).

The catch is that the TV tuner itself is not working (I think). The composite and S-Video inputs are fine (I've verified they work), but the TV tuner gives static. It comes with an IR blaster, so if you have a cable box, you could hook that up to this. There's also a DVD video setting, so you could use this to quickly transfer video to DVD (supposedly the windows software supports this). You may be able to get it working again, but don't count on it (I think it got fried).

Video quality on the working inputs is very good - use it for tatsujins (or whatever).

The card works with Linux (and MythTV) using the ivtv drivers, or I have the CD for Win2k/XP/XP MCE. This is not the MCE stripped down bundle, so it does include the IR blaster/receiver and remote control, including original, unused batteries (which may or may not be good). I have all the original packaging, manuals, etc, and the shrink wrap (torn) is still on the box.

These are going on eBay used/fully functional for about $45-55, so I'd like about $20 for this since it's still perfectly usable for somebody who doesn't need the tuner. Buyer pays shipping (actual) or you can meet me locally (which would be North side Indy, Bloomington this weekend, or Ft. Wayne within a couple weeks).

I don't have paypal, sorry. I'll take a USPS money order or cashier's check or cash on the spot for an in-person hand-off.

EDIT 20071202: This is sold and has been for a while. Locking.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.