Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

[FOR SALE] Textbooks: Psychology and Finite Math

Post by the gattchoon » Mon May 15, 2006 12:45 am

The bookstore didn't buy these back, sooo...

I have 2 textbooks for sale: Psychology and Finite Mathematics. Both are used. The cheapest I will sell them for is $20 each.

Any questions?

Hopefully someone can use these! Whether for school or because you love to read... =P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 6:01 am

Yes. I love to read finite mathematics! :P

I remember one of my book buyback experiences. They offered me $3 for a book that I think I paid $30-40 for. I said, "No thanks...I'll have more than $3 worth of fun burning this."

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon May 15, 2006 6:10 am

But I love to read finite mathematics too!

Um... I'll 'rassle you for it!

gattchoon: Being an incurable bookworm, I'm actually somewhat tempted - I haven't read a non-course-related textbook in far too long. Can you give the full information on the books, though? (Either ISBN or title/author/publisher/edition.)

Edit: they offered you $3 for a $30-40 book? How do they get ANY books sold back at all?

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon May 15, 2006 1:30 pm

BOOK INFORMATION:

Finite Mathematics & Its Applications: Eighth Edition
Author(s): Larry J. Goldstein, David I. Schneider, Martha J. Siegel
Publisher: Pearson Education, Inc.
ISBN: 0-13-046620-4

Psychology: Fourth Edition
Author: Peter Gray
Publisher: Worth Publishers
ISBN: 0-7167-5162-3

Ho and Arka, are both of you considering the Finite Math or just Arka? Let me know, and we'll work something out. =)

And about buybacks... blah! I bought that Psychology book for ~$70 and the cover was practically ripped off and hanging by and inch, and I had to tape it back myself... and then they wouldn't buy it back! I was confused, because that course is pretty popular at ND, especially with First Year Students. Meh!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 2:48 pm

the gattchoon wrote:Ho and Arka, are both of you considering the Finite Math or just Arka? Let me know, and we'll work something out. =)
I think it goes without saying that I was kidding. ;) It's been so long since I've even taken a math course that I have little faith that I'd even understand the book...nevermind enjoy it.

But if you need any help burning any of these books...

*raises hand*

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 16, 2006 6:27 am

Ouch... the problem of condition hadn't occurred to me. When I buy books, I try to buy them in new or nearly-new condition, because I'm a severe weirdo about books. (Well, anyone who reads books for fun is considered a severe weirdo about books nowadays, but I mean in a slightly different sense.)

What condition is the GSS in? :?

And Brian, don't talk about burning the books! You'll hurt their feelings. *sniffle* Meanie.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Re: [FOR SALE] Textbooks: Psychology and Finite Math

Post by Green Tea » Tue May 16, 2006 8:15 am

the gattchoon wrote:The bookstore didn't buy these back, sooo...

I have 2 textbooks for sale: Psychology and Finite Mathematics. Both are used. The cheapest I will sell them for is $20 each.

Any questions?

Hopefully someone can use these! Whether for school or because you love to read... =P
if you have the infinite version I may be interested, the finite one is a little too short :lol: (but I'm set on math/calculus books for a century already)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue May 16, 2006 8:20 am

Arka wrote:And Brian, don't talk about burning the books! You'll hurt their feelings. *sniffle* Meanie.
Ok, how about we burn the publishers, the bookstores, and anyone else involved in the "organized crime syndicate" that is the new/used academic book market? $80 paperback book with a resale value of <$5 because all they did is change the order of the problems from one printing to the next? Sounds like a racket to me...

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 16, 2006 8:26 am

Ho wrote:
Arka wrote:And Brian, don't talk about burning the books! You'll hurt their feelings. *sniffle* Meanie.
Ok, how about we burn the publishers, the bookstores, and anyone else involved in the "organized crime syndicate" that is the new/used academic book market? $80 paperback book with a resale value of <$5 because all they did is change the order of the problems from one printing to the next? Sounds like a racket to me...
Now that I can get behind. :D

Edit: I realized that sounded sort of flip, and wanted to agree with you that yes, the academic book market is ridiculous. There are a few publishers who put things out at reasonable prices, but the vast majority of them engage in behavior that would get Microsoft sued out of business.

On the bright side, it's becoming more and more possible to circumvent the primary markets through online purchasing and/or on-campus lending. That's why us no-longer-impoverished-college-student types should amass large libraries and lend them freely to college students in our area. :twisted:

It was only going to be $0.02, I swear... cursed inflation. I blame the rising cost of gasoline.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Tue May 16, 2006 8:55 am

Though the finite math book has a couple used stickers on it, it's in a good condition. If you're planning on taking a trip to play DDR in the Mishawaka area, I can see if we can get together and I'd bring it. =)

Or I can take a picture of it first... (more to come in an edit!). =P