Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

For Sale: Accoustic guitar

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:43 pm

I've been pressed for money lately, so I'm trying to eliminate things in my life that I don't use anymore.

And this guitar is one of them.

I got it for Christmas a couple years ago with hopes of taking lessons and learning how to play, but the lessons fell through and teaching myself didn't go over well at all. Since, I've lost interest in playing.

It's a beautiful Spencer accoustic guitar in perfect condition. I only played it a handful of times, but I've kept it tuned and in order. I'm selling it with its carrying case and an electronic tuner (the brand is Korg). I'll also put in the beginner's book that I have, if you'd like.

I'd prefer a Fort Wayne area buyer, or somebody that I could meet halfway (if it's not too far). I'm finnicky about putting it in the mail, though.

I'm only asking $60.00 for the lot of it, but if somebody really wants it and has a better offer than another, we can see what goes on from there.

I'll post pictures later.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:56 am

There doesn't seem to be interest, but here's pictures anyway...

Model and number and make inside of guitar.

This is the tuner. I have the instructions with it as well.

Not sure if I mentioned before, but with the guitar, case, and tuner comes a chord book and a beginners video (pending on whether I can find it or not. XD I've got a good idea of where it is, though).

Seriously, though, if this interests anybody, please make an offer.
Or if you know anybody that's interested in an inexpensive accoustic with all the extras, please let them know.

Thanks!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 am

Thanks for the pictures. I might be interested if I thought I'd actually find the time to learn it. But given that I've been "thinking about" learning piano for like the last 6 years, I don't really like my chances...

But one question about your guitar: Where are the five colored buttons and the whammy bar? ;)

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:04 am

if you want guitar lessons, I can give beginner guitar lessons over the summer for really cheap. I can teach fingerstyle and basic chords depending on what you want to learn (or both). The style is largly rock, a little spanish, and some classic rock.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:43 am

Thanks for the offer, but I think my point was that I'm just not serious enough about it...yet. It's something I could add to a long list of things I might like to get into, but I really need to knock a few of them out before I start adding to that list.

Besides, it would be a long drive for you since I don't really want to drive up to Ft. Wayne. It kinda kills off the whole cheap thing. :P

Thanks to MMR for allowing me to indulge in some off-topic discussion.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:47 pm

DAMN, those pictures are huge!!! XD
I just posted and left.

And, as an added bonus, you got to see all the shit in my trunk as well (it...needs...cleaning)! =D

I'm sure that it's a really rewarding experience (hell, ask anybody that plays. n_n), I just coulnd't get into it myself. I was in the same boat that Ho was in...it was on my list of things that I'd like to do, but by the time I really got around to it, I really wasn't interested anymore.

Plus, usually when people learn how to play, they have a goal in mind, like starting a band or being entertaining or whatnot. I didn't really have a goal to work toward... A lot of my friends played, and I thought it would be fun to know how to play along.

That didn't work out, though.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:29 pm

I also have no intention of buying your guitar, but I wanted to make an off-topic remark - seeing your post inspired me to get out my acoustic, retune and revisit some of my older pieces. I was shocked by how much fun I had - much more than when I was actively trying to learn it, certainly.

So thank you for (indirectly) reintroducing me to a good instrument. And good luck on finding a good home for yours.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:29 pm

Arka wrote:I also have no intention of buying your guitar, but I wanted to make an off-topic remark - seeing your post inspired me to get out my acoustic, retune and revisit some of my older pieces. I was shocked by how much fun I had - much more than when I was actively trying to learn it, certainly.

So thank you for (indirectly) reintroducing me to a good instrument. And good luck on finding a good home for yours.
Glad I could help. n_n

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Mon May 01, 2006 10:26 am

$60? I could actually use a 6 string for those harmonic songs, I'm using a Yamaha 12 string acoustic and i'm about to take the 6 strings off it.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue May 02, 2006 4:55 pm

IxI I skate IxI wrote:$60? I could actually use a 6 string for those harmonic songs, I'm using a Yamaha 12 string acoustic and i'm about to take the 6 strings off it.
Actually, I'm putting my guitar on hold here for a while. I gave the offer to a guy in a coffee shop, and a few people right there were fairly interested, too.

So, for the time being, this is on pause. Because I'm hoping to get more money from somebody local. =D

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue May 02, 2006 8:25 pm

Im also interested...and Erin sometime soon you and i need to meet up in the fort and wreak our usual havok...and i can hopefully reimburse you for your kindness of last summer...and i seriouly wouldnt mind takin lessons Kevin that would be uber sweet

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue May 02, 2006 8:45 pm

for lessons I am available from beginning of june to beginning of august.
(this applies to anyone at fort wayne too) keep in mind these are lessons oriented for beginners.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon May 08, 2006 12:52 pm

seveneleven wrote:Im also interested...and Erin sometime soon you and i need to meet up in the fort and wreak our usual havok...and i can hopefully reimburse you for your kindness of last summer...and i seriouly wouldnt mind takin lessons Kevin that would be uber sweet
This is the truth. We DO need to get back into the Fort and cause the usual amount of trouble. n_n

Call my celly sometime. 750-3320. I have a couple numbers for you, but I've no doubt that the one you're using now is different. XD (And if not...well...now everybody on Indy has my cell number. XD)

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri May 26, 2006 9:06 am

did you ever sell the geetar? i got my fulltime wages again so i finally have money to spend. if you're still lookin to sell it i can drive up to indy not this current weekend but next if you want to meet up and sell it.
insert code compile execute return

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri May 26, 2006 2:53 pm

sam wrote:did you ever sell the geetar? i got my fulltime wages again so i finally have money to spend. if you're still lookin to sell it i can drive up to indy not this current weekend but next if you want to meet up and sell it.
I haven't sold it yet, but I changed the price ($130 for the lot). Which I didn't do here. -.-

Soooo....yeah. x_x I'm actually in Fort Wayne, and that's a pretty long drive.

If you're interested in the raised price, though, I'll think about driving down there. It won't be this weekend, but maybe sometime in the future.