Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

[WANTED] 45ci or higher nitrogen tank

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:25 pm

I'm looking for a used or new nitrogen tank for my paintball gun. I have a WGP Autococker and I don't want to run cold air through the motherboard because I'm afraid of the consequences. But: I thought that nitrogen was a cold gas as well? I've been running Compressed air through my gun and the balls just, drop at about 60 feet and I'm really getting mad every time on the speedball field. I hate it.

If you have a 45ci or larger tank for under $50 please call me at 317 362 5347.

Thanks

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:27 pm

I'm not really sure if this is what you're looking for, but I have a 9 oz. CO2 tank for paintball, I bought it and never used it. It is Brass Eagle, though, so I'll sell it cheap.

-Dan

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:11 pm

through the motherboard? Im sorry if it looks like im going around and lookijngfor all your posts and making fun of them but the gas does not ever come in contact with any electronics, just a few sensors that are made for withstanding the gasses. And yes, nitrogen is a very cold gas. same as co2
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:24 pm

dance1005 wrote:I'm not really sure if this is what you're looking for, but I have a 9 oz. CO2 tank for paintball, I bought it and never used it. It is Brass Eagle, though, so I'll sell it cheap.

-Dan
9oz CO2 won't cover it.

With an Autococker you want High Pressure or Nitro. And yes, unless your gun has a leak, your gas should never come into contact with your electronics.

EDIT: Also, unless someone is extremely desperate, there's no way in hell you're getting a 45ci tank for under 50, let alone under 100.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:57 am

Nitrogen gas can get down to -195 degrees celsius which is approximately a whopping -320 degrees fahrenheit. There should be no damage to electronics in these conditions, however, if there is constant cooling and reheating, it could cause damage or cracking on ceramic parts (capacitors and such). However I doubt that they use liquid nitrogen to keep maximum compression, they probably just compress a bunch of N2 in there and at most it'd be -30 degrees C.

I'm not sure the compression techniques they use for CO2 and N2 but assuming there is the same amount of compression, N2 will be colder. N2 would be cheaper to fill though (I am guessing).

btw 45ci ~= 25 oz :P a little larger than 8 oz
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.