Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

[WANTED] Kitten

Post by PrototypePacifist » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:22 pm

I want a kitten, and don't really want to pay for one. If any of you have very young kittens that you're wanting to give away, or know anyone that has kittens they're wanting to give away let me know, please.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:25 pm

Come to my place... you can keep what ya catch... (--_-)

sadly no joke...

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:11 am

yes... joey's house is like a jungle... of cats!
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:37 pm

seveneleven wrote:Come to my place... you can keep what ya catch... (--_-)

sadly no joke...
Are they really small? Or stray?

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:41 pm

seveneleven wrote:Come to my place... you can keep what ya catch... (--_-)

sadly no joke...
BUT NOT THE SATAN KITTY. THAT ONE IS MINE, YOU HEAR ME!!!?!??!?!?

Prototype, Joey's cats....well.......he has so damn many that, it doesn't really matter when you go, you're bound to find a small one. And they aren't really strays. They're all just a bunch of cats that stay outside his house.

I was amazed when I went over the first time. Tea's right. It really is a jungle of cats.

So take one. Or eight.

But not my satan kitty. I swear it's possessed. And it eats moles. Which is coo'. XD
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:47 pm

being a cat lover, i must post in this thread.

please please please contemplate the possibility of getting one from a pound, it truely is a good deal.

I got mine from the local humane shelter, pre-spayed, dewormed and microchipped and with a free vet visit for $50. Please be aware that owning a pet is more then just playing. The average cost of a cat upkeep is around $20+/month being just food and kitty litter. If your cat is going to be an outdoor cat you will need to get vaccinations as well which cost anywhere from $75-125 depending on how many you get.

SPAY & NUDER YOUR PETS!

if you're still going to be cheap and get a free one, check the absolutely free section of your newspaper; there's tons in there all the time. BE AWARE that these cats are usually bred just so that children can see the "joy" of life and all that crap, and usually are treated like garbage. Cat's will open up to whomever feed them after a month or so...don't expect an overnight friend unless you get an overly curious cat.

PS Gizmo says meow
gizmo is the shit btw. she looked like a tiny ball of nothing when i got her (4 lbs for a fullgrown CAT!!) but she's a tiny cat, looks like a kitten. now she's plump and is 6 lbs hahaha
insert code compile execute return

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:53 pm

sam wrote:being a cat lover, i must post in this thread.

please please please contemplate the possibility of getting one from a pound, it truely is a good deal.

I got mine from the local humane shelter, pre-spayed, dewormed and microchipped and with a free vet visit for $50. Please be aware that owning a pet is more then just playing. The average cost of a cat upkeep is around $20+/month being just food and kitty litter. If your cat is going to be an outdoor cat you will need to get vaccinations as well which cost anywhere from $75-125 depending on how many you get.

SPAY & NUDER YOUR PETS!

if you're still going to be cheap and get a free one, check the absolutely free section of your newspaper; there's tons in there all the time. BE AWARE that these cats are usually bred just so that children can see the "joy" of life and all that crap, and usually are treated like garbage. Cat's will open up to whomever feed them after a month or so...don't expect an overnight friend unless you get an overly curious cat.

PS Gizmo says meow
gizmo is the shit btw. she looked like a tiny ball of nothing when i got her (4 lbs for a fullgrown CAT!!) but she's a tiny cat, looks like a kitten. now she's plump and is 6 lbs hahaha
I've thought about the pound thing, but wasn't sure whether or not the animals were in good condition or not. How much does it cost to get an animal from a pound, and would I be able to get a kitten instead of an older cat?

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:32 pm

That all really depends on the shelters in your area. Sometimes they have kittens, and sometimes they don't. Since pets move in and out of those places quite often, it's a good idea to check every week or so, if you don't find a pet you'd like the first time around.

The shelter we have here in Fort Wayne is really cool. They take really good care of their animals, so when animals move in, they're very, very likely to move out into good homes just as quickly. And they don't just have dogs and cats. They have any kind of animal that's been abandoned to them. The last time I went, they also had hamsters, rabbits, a couple birds, and ferrets! n_n

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:43 pm

shelters ALWAYS have kittens.

Be aware kittens are *a lot* of work. Imagine a 2 year old toddler on a bad speed binge and you have a kitten. They will wreak anything they can get into just because it's fun to them. This lasts for about 1.5-2 years as they go from kitty to teen and have an angst phase. Since it's coming on October, call your shelter ahead as they usually have policies where you can't get certain cats in October w/ black coats because people get them for their parties and then ditch them.

Most kittens at pounds are your average strays being american domestic with a white coat and black splotches. Sometimes you get tuxedo cats but the special coats like tortise and calico usually can only be had if you get an older cat. If your kitten isn't going to get 6 hours of attention daily it will start acting out on stuff around your house.

If you're looking for a specific breed or an interesting cat, I must push this shelter. It's located in chicago and I must say Bengal cats are by far the most interesting almost-domestic animal you can get. A Bengal is a cross between an american domestic and an Ocelot. They're like your average feline but stays active much longer then a normal cat. A cat will become a statue around 2 years and sleep all day. Gizmo does nothing but sleep in my lap or chase bugs now.

Anyways, Yeah Great Lakes Bengal Rescue...A little more pricey but the coats on Bengals are SO cool. Definitly gettin my next cat from them.
http://www.glbengalrescue.com

They could realy use adoptees as they are operating at full capacity since July. If you're worried about the cat being "crazy" these cats will be the best bang for your buck as their acception policies and their fosters are insane.
insert code compile execute return

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:50 pm

I've grown up with kittens/cats all of my life, so I know about how kittens are and everything. :P

I want a kitten instead of an older cat because I prefer having them since they're as young as possible. That way you can train/raise them how you prefer.

I'll definately check the shelters around here, though. Thanks for all the info.
Last edited by PrototypePacifist on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:49 pm

Hahaha, a bengal cat bit me once. It never quite liked me. n_x

It was beautiful, but goodness, that hurt...