Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

BF2 anyone?

Post by Silent_Blade » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:21 pm

Just curious, does anyone else play?

I've got it and it's pretty sweet, a little to similar to BFV but it's got some new vehicles and new weapons and everything that make it awesome. Of course the gameplay is still the same as every other BF game, but it's still darn good =)
Tell me what you guy's think.
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

Post by ThatGuy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:23 pm

Let's assume you meant http://www.eagames.com/official/battlef ... s/home.jsp instead of http://www.hondanews.com/CatID6042

I hadn't realized it was out yet, and I haven't been to a LAN party in too long to play such games. It's a shame, too... I recently got a Nostromo. I did like the little I played of the original, though.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:13 pm

well I play the full version... but since a couple days ago I can't do multiplayer... until I actually buy it. :'( damn you college
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:38 pm

EA, being the not-so-smart people that they are, decided not to support GeForce4 cards.

I have a GeForce4 card, thus I can't play BF2 without downloading a special fix that makes the game look like complete ass.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:42 pm

1) Thatguy, don't rate his post a D just because your so ignorant playing xbox that you don't know what the biggest new game out right now is.

2) EA is gay, the ranked server/unranked server is pure monopoly. Charging almost 6k a year just to rent a "official" server from ea is robbery. I can't wait to watch it backfire in their face when nobody rents there servers and plays unranked.

3) yes I have it. It's really good improvement. The new vehicles and interface are awsome. I love the way you can drop supplies/artillery/etc in any spot from anywhere if you are commander. Me being a helicopter pilot [h]core in DC, they gayed the flight system. Autohover is gay as shit, and the rotor is wayyyyy to slow, feels like flying a log. Pitch and yaw are too jerky and I just hate the new flight system. Rest of the game kicks ass though.

4) WTF EA!!!!! Tell me the cd key is on the back of the box, waist an hour of my time googling and screaming to find out you fuckers put it hidden in the manual. It seriosuyl said it was on the back of the box and I heard everyone is having the problem.

kthxbai
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm

I'll buy it soon AFTER I GET MY NEW AWESOME COMPUTER
PWNx135

[edit by LikeableRodent]
The PWNPWNPWNetc was annoying me, so they are gone now.
[/edit]

Adam you are an evil Mod! Let me express my Pwnage!
Last edited by Riot on Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:16 pm

spoons are hawt MR> FUNNY SHOES
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:49 pm

riot just pwned the width of this thread o.O best viewed 6000000x4500000 resolution.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:00 pm

Man My new lcd that i got THANKS TO MONBAN COOLEST GATEKEEPER EVER SHOUTOUT only goes up to 1280x1024

OMG IL OVERCLOCK MY LCD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!11one

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:31 pm

I demand bubblegum.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:26 pm

I got down rated...Because I was not clear enough?...Funny thing you could find it yourself by probably typing in BF2 in google, and getting about 60 hits due to the fact that it's probably the biggest game of the year. So I believe I gave plenty of information concerning the subject, so that if you did not know what it was you could atleast look it up without much trouble for yourself. I however do not believe I deserved a Boo, to my name, No offence.

I'll agree with you potter some of the choppers are a little wacky, but you get used to them after a while. I looked for seriously ten minutes on my box for the key, thinking it'd be tiny or something. I almost returned the damn thing thinking they gave me the wrong box at EB and stuff =P So lame!

I love the Arty, it's a beautiful thing! I find this BF to be much more squad oriented, and also more tactical then the previous BF's.
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:01 pm

Just bought it today, installing now. Can't wait til I get to play it on my new computer in a week and a half or so..... it's no big deal with all that CD Key stuff if I install it again on my new computer with the same key and stuff, right?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:21 pm

I just installed the game and all, and when I try to start it up from the icon on the desktop, I get the "Battlefield 2" screen, it goes black, and I'm back to desktop. Not even a menu or anything to adjust settings. My current system isn't spectacular, and I will be getting an awesome system within a week or two, but I thought maybe my current PC could run this until I got a new one. Here's what I have now:

AMD XP 2500+ 1.83GHz
512 RAM
Radeon 9300

What I'm getting:
AMD64 3500+
1gb RAM
GeForce 6800

Shouldn't my current system be able to play the game on low settings, or atleast get INTO a game? lol..... I've heard to "wait for a patch" but it doesn't even seem like I can get far enough into the game to access a patch. Any solutions, besides wait til I get my new computer?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:36 pm

LoL nevermind. I just found out my card is a Radeon 9000 64mb. LoL what a piece of crap.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:17 pm

Lol, you'll like it I think.
It's very similar to BFV and BF42, which is also it's downfall in my oppinion...It's almost too similar =(
RAWR I'm a Tuna!