BF2 anyone?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:36 pm

Riot wrote:I just installed the game and all, and when I try to start it up from the icon on the desktop, I get the "Battlefield 2" screen, it goes black, and I'm back to desktop. Not even a menu or anything to adjust settings. My current system isn't spectacular, and I will be getting an awesome system within a week or two, but I thought maybe my current PC could run this until I got a new one. Here's what I have now:

AMD XP 2500+ 1.83GHz
512 RAM
Radeon 9300

What I'm getting:
AMD64 3500+
1gb RAM
GeForce 6800

Shouldn't my current system be able to play the game on low settings, or atleast get INTO a game? lol..... I've heard to "wait for a patch" but it doesn't even seem like I can get far enough into the game to access a patch. Any solutions, besides wait til I get my new computer?

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html
TweakGuides.com wrote:Loading Issues: The most common problem with BF2 is that the game crashes to desktop or goes to a black screen when you first launch it. The reason for this is either incompatible hardware (make sure you meet all the minimum specs), or more usually the fact that you're not running at the default Windows XP refresh rate (60Hz). By default the game tries to launch at 800x600@60Hz initially, so your system must be able to run that same resolution and refresh rate, otherwise the game will abort. If you are using any refresh rate override program/method, disable it (e.g. if you're using Refresh Force, click the 'Restore Original Settings' button and apply). Once you've got the game running, you can then change the resolution to suit your taste in the in-game settings, and importantly you can select a higher refresh rate. Then you can reapply the refresh rate override and the game will launch without any problems. To set a non-standard resolution such as 1280x1024 see the Command Line options under the Advanced Tweaking section.

EA did an absurdly shitty job getting this game making this game compatible with various graphics cards and monitor setups.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:06 am

Silent_Blade wrote:Lol, you'll like it I think.
It's very similar to BFV and BF42, which is also it's downfall in my oppinion...It's almost too similar =(
Except the graphics don't make me puke and there's a physics engine that's decent... and lag doesn't own my mother in it.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:12 am

Green Tea wrote:
It's very similar to BFV and BF42, which is also it's downfall in my oppinion...It's almost too similar =(
Except the graphics don't make me puke and there's a physics engine that's decent... and lag doesn't own my mother in it.

I was just pissed that they left in that stupid fricking slow load menu...It lags the whole game down when you open that thing.
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:14 am

Silent_Blade wrote:
Green Tea wrote:

I was just pissed that they left in that stupid fricking slow load menu...It lags the whole game down when you open that thing.
agreed... EA must die

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:27 pm

There's no point in trying to tweak my current system into playing it, my video card blows and there's no way around it. Just gotta wait til I get my new rig.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:28 pm

Riot wrote:There's no point in trying to tweak my current system into playing it, my video card blows and there's no way around it. Just gotta wait til I get my new rig.
I am running it fine on my GeForce FX 5200 :P what do you have? a voodoo?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:41 pm

AS STATED EARLIER:

Radeon 9000 64mb

=P

Go ahead. Say it.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:32 pm

just got it, installing now. don't have an ID or else i'd post it. i will once i get it set up though.

the demo was fun, but i'm looking forward to flying, that's always been my thing.

Edit: This game kills my video card! after a while i hear the fan whining, there's tearing, and i've even had the display corrupt once.

maybe if i turn things down it'll go away..
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:15 am

My name is Tristan_Bleak on BF2. My new computer runs it well when it's in game, but for some reason it takes a long time when I first click it to play, and it stays on the "Battlefield 2" screen for more than a minute. I'm not sure why. I did have to install all the stuff on my computer myself, so I might not have made all the drivers and stuff work perfectly. Otherwise, I'm not really sure.