E3 stuff and new console system discussion

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed May 18, 2005 5:46 pm

X Box probably would fail if they hadn't bought people out...without Halo, they don't seem to have a whole lot of good exclusive games.

I browsed around the E3 stuff for a while, however, and Quake 4 looks somewhat promising. I mean, come on....it's quake. They've got the Doom 3 engine, and a game that appears to be a continuation of Quake 2. Happy action go time. It appears it's going to be released on the X360, and PC.
+1 X360 (but I still won't buy it. PC all the way for this game.)

Also, Metal Gear Solid 4 is in the works for PS3. The E3 trailer doesn't show anything for the game itself, except a few bits of information, and some funny animations running of the Snake Eater engine. I'd recomend watching the trailer if you get bored..it's rather amusing. :roll:
+1 PS3

Nintendo? Well, I havn't seen any games that interest me for this console yet. However, if they're going to keep the Resident Evil series, I may end up buying one some day....but I don't know.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Wed May 18, 2005 6:33 pm

LikeableRodent wrote:People originally said the Xbox was going to fail miserably, but then Microsoft bought Bungie.

Who'll they buy this time????
The world, silly :lol:

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed May 18, 2005 6:52 pm

But Microsoft already owns the world! :roll:

classic candy
Standard
Standard

Post by classic candy » Wed May 18, 2005 7:00 pm

Actually.. I believe you're supposed to be able to play all the Nintendo games ever made on the new Nintendo system..

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed May 18, 2005 8:03 pm

classic candy wrote:Actually.. I believe you're supposed to be able to play all the Nintendo games ever made on the new Nintendo system..
I highly doubt it, uless that is a cartridge loader at the bottom

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Wed May 18, 2005 8:17 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:
classic candy wrote:Actually.. I believe you're supposed to be able to play all the Nintendo games ever made on the new Nintendo system..
Actually, you download the games from an online service provided by Nintendo. Whether or not it'll be free has yet to be determined. I strongly doubt that it'll be free, though. I'd imagine it'd be like... a couple bucks per game at least.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Wed May 18, 2005 8:32 pm

Secef wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:
Actually, you download the games from an online service provided by Nintendo. Whether or not it'll be free has yet to be determined. I strongly doubt that it'll be free, though. I'd imagine it'd be like... a couple bucks per game at least.
I think they'll make it 5 per game, that seems extremely fair to me. Maybe 10, but I don't think they'd do that.
WiFi is FREE though for rev, which is a huge plus on xboxlive, and whatever ps3 is gonna use, I can't remember.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu May 19, 2005 3:46 pm

If I can get old school nintendo games, I might get this new nintendo...thing. I loved NES/SNES, but after that....well, it started to suck.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Thu May 19, 2005 7:39 pm

Well im gettin it cuz i love the Zelda games so it kinda is required to play them

VIVA NINTENDO REVOLUTION!!! :D

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu May 19, 2005 9:18 pm

PS3 will dominate the competition like usual. 1.8 trillion processes a second, gg sony, gg.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu May 19, 2005 11:37 pm

The new PS3 controller looks like a boomerang crossed with a dildo. Someone tell me it's a joke. Oh wait, it's not. :-(

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Fri May 20, 2005 12:08 am

ShammerS wrote:The new PS3 controller looks like a boomerang crossed with a dildo. Someone tell me it's a joke. Oh wait, it's not. :-(

Wow.......LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....That reminds me of when PSM got a letter about one off the dumbest things to do with your Playstation console....the guys suggestion was...........Play Tony Hawk and use the cheat for infinite grind and stick the controller up your bum bum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ThatGuy
Standard
Standard

Post by ThatGuy » Fri May 20, 2005 5:55 pm

Perhaps no one remembers or used the old PSX boomerang controllers from a few years back. They were made by a 3rd party, and I can't recall who or find a link now since it's all ps3 coverage. Anyway, they looked strange but were actually very comfortable to use - especially if you have big hands like I do.