Ps2
37%

Total votes: 19

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:17 pm

Valve = thinking about money. I bet.

Oh and if i keep sending invites to people on halo 2, I appoligize for it. I'm just inviting my online members and I'm not trying to annoy or p*** anybody off. Especially TrendyOsprey. Lol, just poking fun because i'm bored as a rock.

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:56 pm

I own X-box, Playstation 2, and GameCube.

I like them all for different reasons.

The Grubb's X-Box Pros...

Built-in Hard Drive.
The Most Bestest Graphics.
Music CD ripping is fun.
I love the big-ass controllers.
X-Box live has a pretty good things goin'.

The Grubb's X-box Cons...

Have to buy a damn kit to play DVDs.
Rabid Halo 2 fans on X-Box live are no fun to play with. (I don't really care if you "Pwnz" me, that's no reason to call me a "cracker." Just because my parents are from the south doesn't mean that I'm desended from white slave-owners.)

The Grubb's Playstation 2 Pros...

Most games can be purchased at a really good value.
Square-Enix publishes most of their titles for PS2.
Makes a pretty good substitute DVD player.
PS2 has many games not available on X-Box.
KATAMARI DAMASHI! (sp?)

The Grubb's Playstation 2 Cons...

Many of the games made for PS2 are just plain shit.
PSonline is just plain shit.
Many DVDs are a sisyphean ordeal to play.

The Grubb's GameCube Pros...

It's Nintendo! You don't want to turn you back on Nintendo, do you? Come on guys! Nintendo loves you and misses you. Remember back when you would play that NES? Nintendo remembers too! They just want to have that feeling agian... that feelings of being loved! Your the one who walked out on her! What would your mother think!? Nintendo was a sweet girl... you never should have left her in the first place. You broke her heart when you walked out and started foolin' around with other systems... For shame! Come on guys! Do the right thing... you know Nintendo loves you, and will always treat you right.

The Grubb's GameCube Cons...

Game choices are limited, but many of there are very good.
Though a creative way of limiting Video Game Piracy, the 1 inch DVD-Blues are kinda small, and easily lost in a box of Ritz Crackers.
I've let a good friend of mine barrow it, I home my Animal Crossing town is doing okay...

Over All...

Gold: X-Box
Silver: PS2
Bronze: GameCube
Honorable Mention: Dreamcast.

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:19 pm

Spartan_117 wrote:Valve = thinking about money. I bet.

Oh and if i keep sending invites to people on halo 2, I appoligize for it. I'm just inviting my online members and I'm not trying to annoy or p*** anybody off. Especially TrendyOsprey. Lol, just poking fun because i'm bored as a rock.
Yeah, I was playing clan matches last night so =P

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:37 am

Valve may have been thinking about money, or most likely, the executive behind it. But hey, so was Bunji, and who ever the hell else released Halo/2. That's why it got so much hype, and in the end, was pretty much the same thing. They made enough money to push for super media coverage, so they could make more money.
Happens in most business scenario's anyway.

ANd yeah, if you have a good PC, you beat any console. That's why most great PC FPS's seem to flop when they are released on a console. It's downgrading.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:23 am

yea PCs are great gameing tools (or so everyone says... i dont game on my PC much) but... its SO DAMN EXPENSIVE!.. i mean not only do you need just a decent graphics card to play anything new... but you need a MASSIVE hard drive... both cost a lot of cash... thats why everyone loves Console gameing better... because it is so much more convienient to everyone....

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:42 pm

Grubb wrote:...that's no reason to call me a "cracker." Just because my parents are from the south doesn't mean that I'm desended from white slave-owners.)

I'm merely pointing out that "cracker" usually referred to lower-class southern whites and would be the equivalent of "trailer trash" or "redneck" today. Mainly the upper-class white southerners owned slaves, so if it were to be assumed that your family is of the lower-classes and has lived in the south for many generations then you could, by definition, be considered a cracker.

To hop back in to the actual subject of hand: I game on a PC. PC gaming is always more technologically advanced than console gaming. Consoles take technologies that debuted on the PC then wait and make them cheaper.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:05 pm

Moved to Other Games Entirely.

I realize that DDR can certainly fall under Xbox Live, but this discussion doesn't seem to really be headed in that direction. I'm not even sure if it has to do with Xbox Live or console wars.

HellSpawn83
Beginner
Beginner

Post by HellSpawn83 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:04 am

First off, how can you make a thread in titled "X-Box Live" that has nothing to do with X-Box Live.

Second, they are equal. X-box is just awesome, but it doesn't have the games. Playstation graphics aren't up to par with X-Box but it has a ton more games. That means that more people will like more of the games because there is more to choose from. I think that they equal out.

And Game Cube it just the coolest. :twisted:

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:29 am

letshavetea wrote:yea PCs are great gameing tools (or so everyone says... i dont game on my PC much) but... its SO DAMN EXPENSIVE!.. i mean not only do you need just a decent graphics card to play anything new... but you need a MASSIVE hard drive... both cost a lot of cash... thats why everyone loves Console gameing better... because it is so much more convienient to everyone....
I guess I don't fall within the 'everyone' category then. :wink:

I play console/PC games pretty much equal, but when it comes to FPS games, computer wins hands down. For over all connectability for multiplayer (that you usually don't have to pay for) PC wins again. Also, controlling advanced FPS games is also easier on the PC, given you have a large amount of keys to bind more complex commands to.

About the only things I even bother to play on my PS2 are survival/horror games, and hack and slash type things. RPG's as well, because most of them are console based to begin with.

As far as expenses go, it depends on what you do with it. Yeah, you have to upgrade a good gaming PC every few years, but consoles go obsolete as well. in a year or two, the X box will be replaced, so will the PS2. That, and they'll probably be running on about what I run in my gaming PC now.
If you play your cards right with a good PC, you don't have to upgrade all that often, and if you do it little bits at a time, it's not that bad, especially considering you could spend over 500 dollars buying a new console, a new set of games, accessories, and whatever goes with it whenever the gaming companies decide to push a new one out.

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:00 am

Yeah I should have never put that stupid poll in there. Now it HAS turned into a console war. I have a school speech i have to do called a "persuasive speech"
I have to persuade people to buy an xbox or computer.

I just needed opinions.

My bad, Ho.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Original Sin wrote:
letshavetea wrote:yea PCs are great gameing tools (or so everyone says... i dont game on my PC much) but... its SO DAMN EXPENSIVE!.. i mean not only do you need just a decent graphics card to play anything new... but you need a MASSIVE hard drive... both cost a lot of cash... thats why everyone loves Console gameing better... because it is so much more convienient to everyone....
I guess I don't fall within the 'everyone' category then. :wink:

I play console/PC games pretty much equal, but when it comes to FPS games, computer wins hands down. For over all connectability for multiplayer (that you usually don't have to pay for) PC wins again. Also, controlling advanced FPS games is also easier on the PC, given you have a large amount of keys to bind more complex commands to.

About the only things I even bother to play on my PS2 are survival/horror games, and hack and slash type things. RPG's as well, because most of them are console based to begin with.

As far as expenses go, it depends on what you do with it. Yeah, you have to upgrade a good gaming PC every few years, but consoles go obsolete as well. in a year or two, the X box will be replaced, so will the PS2. That, and they'll probably be running on about what I run in my gaming PC now.
If you play your cards right with a good PC, you don't have to upgrade all that often, and if you do it little bits at a time, it's not that bad, especially considering you could spend over 500 dollars buying a new console, a new set of games, accessories, and whatever goes with it whenever the gaming companies decide to push a new one out.
yea you could easily spend that amount on a console setup... but if you want to start a setup for a PC... you need to not only buy the PC... but the upgrades needed for it to preform on todays gameing standards i got a cheap Emachine a year ago and it cant even run Halo correctly (Graphicly) that was a $500 puter alone and then id have to get a better graphics card to support many of the new games...

... im sure when you get the PC all set up... it would dominate any gameing console... and whoever cant realize that is a moron... but even if i did have a PC set up i would still play on consoles more probably.... only becasue i like to use a controller more than the mouse/keyboard combo

MB
Standard
Standard

Post by MB » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:19 pm

Wait, so the argument goes that Silent Hill 2 looks better because it looks worse? :? Dreamcast has mucho progressive scan gaming, XBox has lots, Gamecube has a bunch, and PS2 has, like, five. Textures, resolutions, and refresh just don't cut it on the PS2 (for me). They could've done better, but this is Sony we're talking about.

PC gaming is fun, too, but a little too pricey these days. I get by playing some great stuff on my old 533MHz, but I don't have $2000 lying around to play Half-Life 2. So, I'll wait (in vain) for the XBox port. So would a lot of people, I'd wager. Aside from FPSs and bland RPGs, I can't think of anything I'd really want to play on the PC, with the exception of the occasional platformer (i.e. Cave Story). Console gaming remains the king of variety, IMO.

BTW: XBox Live Tag = Iron Chef Wang :)

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:38 pm

I thought pc gaming was cheaper?
I can understand 2 grand for a ktm 50 or something. But to play half life 2?
(my opinion)- that game is crap anyways.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:14 pm

Spartan_117 wrote:I thought pc gaming was cheaper?
I can understand 2 grand for a ktm 50 or something. But to play half life 2?
(my opinion)- that game is crap anyways.

??????? If you just said HL2 sucks I will have to kill you. And you think I'm kidding.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:35 am

No, You're kidding potter. You would not walk (or drive) all the way from Carmel to Franklin.

nah nah na nah nah