Ps2
37%

Total votes: 19

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Xbox Live

Post by Spartan_117 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:50 pm

Hi, This is RevenGafro24 (please don't flame me this time). I am back from my long retirement of DDR.
I thinks this forum needs and xbox live thread. Ho, please do not lock this thread. . . for it is its first.

My gamertag is Chiefownsj00
Someone friend request me.

Oh, I will want to know your opinion. Xbox or Playstation 2?
I'm doing something for school and it is a debate.

Please try to reply to the poll.

Thanks and welcome back guys.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:07 pm

Personally, I'm more of a fan of PS2. Don't give me any of that "Oh hax, Xbox is technically superior!!1" stuff either, because all the technology packed in the thing doesn't do a damn bit of good if I don't like the games on it. And I don't. The only games I like on X Box are re-releases of good PS2 games. I like survival horror, and RPG's, and Xbox doesn't have them, and if it does, they're just re released from a PS2 game. Like the silent hill games they tossed onto Xbox...but the graphics engine in silent hill was designed for PS2, and the differences between it, and Xbox, make the xbox version look very....strange. Silent Hill is not meant to be bright and colorful like Halo! :?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Xbox Live

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:27 pm

Spartan_117 wrote:Hi, This is RevenGafro24 (please don't flame me this time). I am back from my long retirement of DDR.
I thinks this forum needs and xbox live thread. Ho, please do not lock this thread. . . for it is its first.
I don't remember what happened last time, but don't feel like you have to set yourself up for abuse. Welcome. Enjoy. Let the past be the past.

And I have no idea why I would want to lock this thread based on your initial post. Discuss away.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:49 pm

I assume it's because a thread that's about xbox versus ps2 just screams mindless console flamewar.

I'd vote either if there was a neither option, but with the current choice I say PS2. It has most of the Bemani, though I don't actually own a PS2.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:26 pm

My PS2 died. My Xbox hasn't. So in a battle to the death, Xbox wins (at least it did for me).

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:26 pm

Gamecube wins

Playstation 2 has the most games I like, though.

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:42 pm

I play Live. Mostly Halo 2, but some Madden 2005.

TrendyOsprey is my GT.

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:54 am

I like the PS2 for the games, mostly..but I like the xbox because you can listen to your music while you play in some games, and xbox live is a great idea, and I like the games that are xbox-only, so I'm with the xbox side.

My xbl gamertag is "UndeadAlchemist" though I don't play much.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:35 pm

Xbox ownes PS2... the only thing that PS2 has that xbox is lacking is Final Fantasy games... and DDRMAX(1 and 2) other than that... id sell my PS2...

EDIT: forgot my gamertag :P

GT:Llama Juice

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:47 pm

And no one's mentioned that the Xbox controller is better suited as melee weapon than a console controller... It's like trying to play games on a brick. I'll stick with my PS2. Simple, easy to use, and I can reach ever single button without having to contort my hand. How it should be.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:33 am

Sin... what button can you not reach on a Xbox controller without contorting your hand?..... (unless if you are talking about the old controllers that were about the size of the PS2.... ) personally i think they are more comfortable than the PS2 ones... because of how the handles are shaped... my fingers curve around it very comfortably when with the PS2 ones it is practicly a cylinder and if i have my hands around that for too long it starts to hurt...

oh and nice vid there Orange! lol

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:23 pm

I suppose it depends on the shape of your hands. I have really big hands, and it just feels wrong when I hold the Xbox controller, and everytime I try to hit the little black/white buttons, I miss and hit something else. I don't like the Gamecube controller either, so it's not just a gripe about the Xbox alone.
that, and the Xbox has yet to get an exclusive game I like. In my book, the gamecube has a 1 up on Xbox because of the resident evil games, so I'd buy a gamecube before an Xbox.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:58 pm

!!!11!one

I know this thing that has insane graphics, thousands of games, and you can play online for free!! OMG! what is it you say? o did I mention you can do allot more than play games? wat is it?

A COMPUTER!!

*expects slap in face*

sorry I just had to say that. Im tired of kids in my school try to to tell me that there xbox is faster and better than my computer. It angers me RAWR!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:07 pm

Yes, Potter is right. No console can beat a computers speed, or graphics for that matter. You don't need to be slapped in the face. The kids at your school do.

Look at CounterStrike for Xbox.
Compared to
CounterStrike for computer.

Nuff said.

The Chief

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:13 pm

LOL thank you so much gafro :P

Yeas while speaking of cs if anyone want to play source hit me up wit a pm my clan needs matches. and wtf was valve thinking when they put cs on xbox? seriuosly.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy