Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Another shmup that I previously thought had a low likelihood of release has been released onto multiple platforms.

Available on PS4, PSVita, and Steam

Initial Thoughts:
- Possibly the most fun I've had playing a shmup in years. I consider this legitimately better than anything Cave released after Mushihimesama.
- Four player mode is in this, but not for online gameplay. Anybody wanna play four player missions? LOL!
- Holy crap this trailer's singer is WTF worthy.
- $50 for the game on Steam when not on sale (First week sale is 20% off) which may scare some people away. However, once people realize the insane amount of content in the game then I do feel it's a bit justified.
- For single monitor, I suggest playing the CS Mode as it was made for single screen playback. The painful reality about the Arcade mode is that either a large single screen or two monitors is required for the best experience. (They made this arcade accurate, and that's both good and bad in this case.)
- This does not have an online mode sadly. (Then again, that would be very difficult to pull off well on this.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Just looked at the supported resolutions and apparently the max that the game can do is only 1440k so no 4k capabilities straight out of the box here. Also, resolutions in the 21:9 aspect ratio (Those monitors are kinda odd, but I know some people who love them for productivity) are currently not supported according to some posts on the game's community hub.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!