Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Re: ummmmm Street Fighter V anyone???

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 am

Merk wrote:I don't get it, is "But for me, it was Tuesday" just another meme for uncreative people to spout off to show that they don't care and pretend they are funny? Riot made a comment on IRC the other day that there were so many (over 9000) "for me, it was a Tuesday" comments on the reveal video and I didn't get what all the fuss was about.
Well, it was the first thing I actually thought when I saw the reveal trailer to be honest as in my case, I do feel that bigger fans consider Bison's reveal to be a big deal but for people like me and Brian it isn't very relevant.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 am

If it's not Raul Julia, I don't care.

He might merit Wednesday. <--- GET IT? :P

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 am

Quote from Street Fighter The Movie:

For you...
the day Bison
graced your village...
was the most important day
of your life.
But for me...
it was Tuesday.

So since the reveal was on a Tuesday, Bison's quote from the movie seems apropos.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu May 21, 2015 1:06 pm

I guess that's what I get for not knowing the Street Fighter movie by heart :(

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu May 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Look on the bright side, you haven't watched Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. Possibly the worst Raul Julia film EVER!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 am

New trailer:

IGN Article - http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/11/ ... -fighter-5

"It's like Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike had a baby" siiiiick
"It really needs to be emphasized that this (V-Trigger) is not a hard comeback mechanic like Ultras in SF4, or X-Factor MvC3. Those were designed to keep losing players in matches by giving them hugely disproportionate amounts of damage with little effort. Yeah, you can build up for one by getting knocked around, but you can also build it actively in different ways for each character. It's a reward for using your V-Skill effectively, and even then, your reward is only big if you've learned how to properly leverage the unique advantages your V-Trigger confers."
"Like in Third Strike, Target Combos are more prevalent in Street Fighter 5. Links are still the primary combo method, but Target Combos seem good enough to be usable in some cases." yay less links
"It feels more rooted in classic Street Fighter fundamentals than Street fighter 4, but with the style of Alpha, and some of the danger of Third Strike. "

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jun/ ... don-stage/

New UI, stun gauge back in, London stage. Birdie? Dudree? Eagle?

I'm gonna guess next reveals are..... Oro and Alex. And maybe Birdie.

Breakdown:
• V-Trigger and V-Skill are the games new mechanics. This iteration of Street Fighters has done away with Ultras and Focus Attack.

• Ryu's V-Skill is called "Mind's Eye." By pressing the medium buttons together, Ryu can parry both hits and projectiles. His V-Trigger is called "Denjin Renki."

• Chun-Li's V-Skill is called "Rankyaku" and it allows her to jump at a lower trajectory.

• M. Bison's V-Skill allows him to perform the Psycho Reflect, which sends projectiles flying back at the opponent at double speed.

• V-Skills can be used freely, at the cost of no meter.

• V-Trigger gives fighters a unique play-style. It can be activated by hitting the heavy buttons together when the V-Gauge is full.

• Ryu's V-Trigger puts him into a powered up state where he can more easily break the opponent's guard and charge his fireball.

• M. Bison uses Psycho Power during V-Trigger to power up special moves.

• Nash gains his teleport during V-Trigger.

• Chun-Li gets powered up normals in V-Trigger. They hit multiple times when in this state.

• V-Gauge can also be used for V-Reversals: a knock-back attack that works just like Alpha Counters. By pressing forward and all three punches or kicks (depending on which character you're playing) during a block, you can send the opponent flying at the cost of some meter.

• All V-Reversals don't have the same function. Some will knock the opponent down, while others can cause a side switch.
More Street Fighter 5 info

General:

• Throws have a longer wiff animation, no crouch teching.
• Backdash is throw invincible, but vulnerable to hits.
• Crush Counter – new mechanic, unique stun state on certain attacks on counter hit, much like Fatal attacks in Blazblue.
• Normals deal temporary chip damage.
• Only throws and critical arts deal hard knockdown, with an exception to Ryu's back throw.
• Wake-up speed greatly increased.
• V-Skill activated by pressing both Mediums.
• V-Trigger activated by pressing both Heavies.
• V-Reversal takes one stock of the V-Gauge, acts much like an Alpha Counter, resets situation to neutral

Ryu:

• Ryu's V-Trigger adds guard crush to charged hadoukens, massive damage and stun across the board, instant guard break to Critical Art which becomes Denjin Hadouken.
• Ryu can link Stand Strong into Stand Strong.

Chun-Li:

• Chun Li's V-Trigger adds multiple hits to each move/lets one special be used again after another (double Kikoken, double Hyakuretsu Kyaku for example), can't be spammed.
• Chun Li's V-Skill is an instant air dash with a hitbox on it, can cancel into air normals/air Hyakuretsu Kyaku, only builds V-Gauge if the rising portion hits.
• Chun Li's Critical Art leads to a slight juggle state, exactly like the infamous third strike super.
• Chun Li's cr. Medium punch is a slide.

Nash

• Nash's V-Trigger is a teleport, three points on the screen relative to opponent, can cancel out of special moves (like Sonic Boom).
• Nash's V-Skill is a projectile absorb with a hitbox on the hand, fills V-gauge.
• Nash's Sonic Scythe is a weak anti-air, takes a long time to come out, EX version is more reminiscent of Flash Kick and more effective.
• Hyakuretsu Kyaku, Sonic Boom = Quarter circles, Chun's Critical Art is as well.
• Nash has an air throw.
• Nash's air special is ACTUALLY done from the ground (think Jaguar Kick).

M. Bison

• Psycho Crusher is only a Critical Art, no special version.
• Bison's V-Trigger makes his dashes teleports, gives specials unique properties (Example, Devil's Reverse can teleport behind the opponent, turns his throw wiff animation into an actual attack).
• Bison's V-Skill is a projectile absorb like Charlies, but if held releases a reverse projectile with two hits on it.
• Bison's slide causes a juggle on counter hit.
• Bison's Scissor Kicks do NOT knock down, EX does.

Some gameplay vids with some commentary: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jun/ ... 5-footage/ Looks a bit more sped up. Not bad for a work in progress!

Ryu parrying a hadoken: http://giant.gfycat.com/Inconsequential ... loosa.webm
Last edited by Riot on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:05 pm

That video plays like an Andamiro PIU trailer.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Haven't watched the video but it's confirmed that Ryu (and only Ryu?) has a parry?

Damn... I have seen the promised land.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Yeah it's Ryu's V-Skill or whatever it's called.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:57 am

http://www.destructoid.com/my-first-thr ... 3564.phtml Pretty good article. Rollback code done well would be nice.

"Furthermore, VideoGamerTV, while discussing their time with SF5 over gameplay footage, was told that Capcom "really [wants] to bring back that sense of 'Oh my!' moments like there was in Street Fighter 3 Third Strike." Essentially, "they're looking to create those moments again when it comes to high level, competitive gamers, the ones who are just amazing to watch."

SRK hands-on write-up (mechanics breakdown and move lists/character summary): http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/11/going-h ... -benefits/

Speed comparison (I guess it only looks slower because of what seems to be higher hitstop. Combofiend said it's currently about SSF2 Turbo speed)

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:57 am

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Alex and Urien confirmed for DLC but we all sort of knew that already!

Ibuki, Juri, Guile, and Boxer confirmed as well but no one plays those characters so fuck 'em!

My body is ready for Urien to be trash in this game.

Urien, Guile, Juri, Ibuki, Alex

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:45 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/nov/ ... iscovered/

On one hand it's fun to know things early, but I dunno... I feel kinda bad that Capcom's entire marketing hype is kinda squashed for the next half a year or so. Still excited to see Urien.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Raaaashiiiidoooooooooooooooooooooo

my CFN is Riot55 if anyone wants to FIGHT